University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Edge427

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by Edge427 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:56 am

jpin22 wrote:How long is it taking from under review to receiving a decision?
It's varying. Some people are skipping steps all together and going in different orders.

I propose a new way for figuring out our progress:
--ImageRemoved--

savanna

New

Post by savanna » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:07 am

Bahaha...magic 8 Ball=made my morning. It feels like that's what the admissions people are using at this point.Hell,my chances might be better with an 8ball than with my app packet :D

jackie611590

New

Post by jackie611590 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:41 pm

My status changed from the "all documents received" message directly to "under review by committee" yesterday. fingers crossed!

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:15 pm

ok...just called UF...."under review decision pending" means the file has already been reviewed and they are holding it until late march early april, "under review by committee" means the committe is currently looking at it, everyone who has the "under review decision pending" has at one point been "under review by committee" though that may not have shown on status checker....so it looks like its hold/WL for decision pending for now

cbarquin

New

Post by cbarquin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:16 pm

damn it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey1

New

Post by Mikey1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Under committee review as of 3/2

Edge427

New

Post by Edge427 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:19 pm

*sigh*

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 pm

flhealth wrote:ok...just called UF...."under review decision pending" means the file has already been reviewed and they are holding it until late march early april, "under review by committee" means the committe is currently looking at it, everyone who has the "under review decision pending" has at one point been "under review by committee" though that may not have shown on status checker....so it looks like its hold/WL for decision pending for now
Thanks for posting this 8)

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 pm

thanks for calling flhealth....looks like our suspicions were true then :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

savanna

New

Post by savanna » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm still confused. My status is REVIEWED,past tense...not "under review,decision pending"...is there a difference?

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 pm

savanna wrote:I'm still confused. My status is REVIEWED,past tense...not "under review,decision pending"...is there a difference?
call and ask....its their job, they dont know who you are....ask

Edge427

New

Post by Edge427 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:48 pm

savanna wrote:I'm still confused. My status is REVIEWED,past tense...not "under review,decision pending"...is there a difference?
that confused me as well, though my status hasn't shown it.

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm guessing it's the same.. your stats are similar to alot of the other holds so I think you're just waiting as well... I'd guess you're going to get in though eventually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

savanna

New

Post by savanna » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Boyk1182 wrote:
I'm guessing it's the same.. your stats are similar to alot of the other holds so I think you're just waiting as well... I'd guess you're going to get in though eventually.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! It actually brightened my mood considerably. Hahaha :mrgreen:

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:57 pm

savanna wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence! It actually brightened my mood considerably. Hahaha :mrgreen:
Lol, no prob :mrgreen:
Well your GPA is great and LSAT is just over 25%...
It sucks being borderline at schools, I'm borderline almost everywhere I applied... Makes the wait a looooot longer!

savanna

New

Post by savanna » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh I KNOW...Im 75%GPA and 25%LSAT for almost everywhere I applied. I was accepted to Mercer and Stetson, but the other three I ACTUALLY want to go to,Im so borderline it's not even funny. I wish my numbers split in the opposite direction since apparently GPA doesn't really matter.
Boyk1182 wrote:
savanna wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:
Lol, no prob :mrgreen:
Well your GPA is great and LSAT is just over 25%...
It sucks being borderline at schools, I'm borderline almost everywhere I applied... Makes the wait a looooot longer!
:twisted: :?

Boyk1182

Bronze

Post by Boyk1182 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:20 pm

savanna wrote:apparently GPA doesn't really matter
I think it matters in a sense that if your GPA is terrible, you might be screwed. If it is great (3.9+) it will help, but anything in the middle seems to all be about the same... I may be wrong but that's how it seems based on this cycle :shock:

And you're right, 1-2 LSAT points can be the difference between an acceptance in October and a hold until April :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:56 pm

i wonder why they did some people as "reviewed, decision pending," and ultimately skipping the "under review by committee" status checker option...

ive seen such a wide variety of people in this next bunch, from mid 160's to mid 150's, high gpa's to low gpa's....it's very confusing!

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 pm

midrangejumper wrote:i wonder why they did some people as "reviewed, decision pending," and ultimately skipping the "under review by committee" status checker option...

ive seen such a wide variety of people in this next bunch, from mid 160's to mid 150's, high gpa's to low gpa's....it's very confusing!
well i think they probably just grabbed the next handful of files... :D

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:04 pm

thoughts on writing UF right NOW saying they're my #1 stunna and i REALLY want to practice in the state of florida?? as well as if i get in, i will love them long time???

all joking aside, thoughts? or just wait it out?

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:05 pm

When did you guys submit your apps? I submitted mine Dec 19 and was accepted Feb 9 OOS. I think I was lucky and got picked for the previous batch, I dunno. Maybe I was an auto-admit? 164/3.4 ?
Last edited by geoanthem on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jpin22

New

Post by jpin22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Id say wait it out till maybe end of march and if you havent heard back or wl then write a LOCI.........i didnt go complete till Feb 18th, under committee review right now.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:07 pm

midrangejumper wrote:thoughts on writing UF right NOW saying they're my #1 stunna and i REALLY want to practice in the state of florida?? as well as if i get in, i will love them long time???

all joking aside, thoughts? or just wait it out?
kiss of death....however if you visit, then you can send them a thank you and tell them that the visit solidified UF as your first choice :wink:

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:24 pm

I am now "under review by committee" as of yesterday as well. Didn't check my status checker until today because yesterday was my 21st birthday.

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 pm

ya, i will wait it out. i would probably be inclined though to send one right away if i get a "reviewed, decision pending" since that's now been pretty much confirmed as a WL

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”