University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cigator

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by cigator » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:27 pm

seems fair to say 3/16 DIT is wait list. Maybe a few lucky acceptances. No mass acceptances.

likewoahh

New

Post by likewoahh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Live in Tally, got my letter today DLIT 3/16 HELD

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:36 pm

likewoahh wrote:Live in Tally, got my letter today DLIT 3/16 HELD
Held?

Do you have a February score or something? I wonder what they are going to do with mine...whether they will consider it in the secondary pool, or whether they already considered it with this decision.

BTW, I got nothing in the mail today, live in Lakeland.

likewoahh

New

Post by likewoahh » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Hahah sorry I'm getting all my law school correspondence messed up, I meant waitlisted!

cigator

New

Post by cigator » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:40 pm

What #'s did you have

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 pm

I think I'll be withdrawing this week. Hopefully that'll help out your hold :)

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
what's the difference between hold and waitlist?

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:46 pm

UF hates splitters. I haven't even gotten my letter yet, but I know my fate is sealed. What a terrible day.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:47 pm

alanabanana wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:
what's the difference between hold and waitlist?
With a waitlist, they make a decision on your application. So if they have extra spots, then they'll look at the waitlist. For a hold, they're waiting to re-evaluate your application until they have a better idea what their class is looking like.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cigator

New

Post by cigator » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:51 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:UF hates splitters. I haven't even gotten my letter yet, but I know my fate is sealed. What a terrible day.
I don't see where you are that much of a splitter. I would think you have a good chance, better than others with 3/16 DIT

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 pm

cigator wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:UF hates splitters. I haven't even gotten my letter yet, but I know my fate is sealed. What a terrible day.
I don't see where you are that much of a splitter. I would think you have a good chance, better than others with 3/16 DIT
So, because someone was placed on hold this IS in fact a mixed batch??
and for the person on hold- did it specify a date as to when they'd actually resend out a decision for you?!

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:56 pm

likewoahh wrote:Hahah sorry I'm getting all my law school correspondence messed up, I meant waitlisted!
^He didn't get a hold, he got a waitlist. There is no hold.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:57 pm

steven3579 wrote:
likewoahh wrote:Hahah sorry I'm getting all my law school correspondence messed up, I meant waitlisted!
just lovely. ugh. it's truly annoying that people with 157's are getting waitlisted and so are people with 161's. haven't gotten my letter yet but thankkksss UF.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:58 pm

alanabanana wrote:
steven3579 wrote:
just lovely. ugh. it's truly annoying that people with 157's are getting waitlisted and so are people with 161's. haven't gotten my letter yet but thankkksss UF.
With your stats, im surprised its a waitlist. You aren't a splitter at all. Maybe mixed batch? Wishfull thinking, im a 3/16 too.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:58 pm

I don't know that they hate splitters. It seems like a mixed bag as far as splitters are concerned over the last two years. One rode out the waitlist and was accepted last year, one was admitted straight up after applying pretty late. But there's WLs and rejections mixed in seemingly no matter how high your LSAT.

I'll take a WL though. I think the likelihood of me going to UF anyways is less than 10%, but it's always nice to have options.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:59 pm

cigator wrote:

I feel like a splitter because I have a downward gpa trend (3.0x at the school I'm graduating from, as low as 2.8x in the past 2 years).

I've already moved to the "getting over UF" stage. My deepest apologies to my fellow 3/16'ers, there are not any mixed batches. The guy that just said he was held also said that he meant waitlist. He got the same letter we are all getting.

If UF is waitlisting 177's, with GPAs only slightly below mine, I don't see how any of us have a shot. I hate it just as much as anybody else, but it is what it is.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:03 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
cigator wrote:

I feel like a splitter because I have a downward gpa trend (3.0x at the school I'm graduating from, as low as 2.8x in the past 2 years).

I've already moved to the "getting over UF" stage. My deepest apologies to my fellow 3/16'ers, there are not any mixed batches. The guy that just said he was held also said that he meant waitlist. He got the same letter we are all getting.

If UF is waitlisting 177's, with GPAs only slightly below mine, I don't see how any of us have a shot. I hate it just as much as anybody else, but it is what it is.

Well, if my mail comes and I find out that UF wants to waitlist me, they can suck it. I'll do fine in the Capitol as I have always done..WITH scholarship. I knew I was never going to go there, but there is something about being waitlisted that makes me cringe. This whole process is truly, truly annoying. Good luck to everyone in law school!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:05 pm

I do wonder what the 3/17's are and if there was a difference?

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:09 pm

alanabanana wrote:I do wonder what the 3/17's are and if there was a difference?

I bet they're rejections

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:13 pm

alanabanana wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
cigator wrote:

Well, if my mail comes and I find out that UF wants to waitlist me, they can suck it. I'll do fine in the Capitol as I have always done..WITH scholarship. I knew I was never going to go there, but there is something about being waitlisted that makes me cringe. This whole process is truly, truly annoying. Good luck to everyone in law school!
Yes, I hate this process.

The most frustrating part for me is the fact that I made it clear throughout my application review process that, if accepted, I would withdraw all other apps and would be attending UF. With my competitive numbers, I thought this would be sufficient to gain admission. I just don't understand what happened.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:18 pm

I don't see where you are that much of a splitter. I would think you have a good chance, better than others with 3/16 DIT[/quote]

If UF is waitlisting 177's, with GPAs only slightly below mine, I don't see how any of us have a shot. I hate it just as much as anybody else, but it is what it is.[/quote]

Well, if my mail comes and I find out that UF wants to waitlist me, they can suck it. I'll do fine in the Capitol as I have always done..WITH scholarship. I knew I was never going to go there, but there is something about being waitlisted that makes me cringe. This whole process is truly, truly annoying. Good luck to everyone in law school![/quote]

Yes, I hate this process.

The most frustrating part for me is the fact that I made it clear throughout my application review process that, if accepted, I would withdraw all other apps and would be attending UF. With my competitive numbers, I thought this would be sufficient to gain admission. I just don't understand what happened.[/quote]

Yea, so where do you think you're going to end up going?
In the end all, I have been told that you are supposed to go where you have gotten the most positive vibes from in the beginning. Because the fact of the matter is, whether your school is ranked 51, or 52, or any other number for that matter, you are the one that is going to have been to be dealing with the people and the environment at that school for the next three years.
The thing is, I got a personal phone call from FSU 2 weeks after applying letting me know they'd be more than happy to have me join them for the incoming class of 2010 and that a scholarship would be on it's way.
Since then I've had numerous amounts of phone calls and invitations from the law school and it's students. I guess it was always meant to be, and I'm totally content with that. I KNOW i've worked too hard to remain on any waitlist.
So, where will you be?

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:18 pm

wiggsb wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
alanabanana wrote:I do wonder what the 3/17's are and if there was a difference?

I bet they're rejections
They aren't.

I hope they aren't, for the sake of anyone that is 3/17 DLIT. But I think they are, based on all the information. I'm sorry. I'm not happy either.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:18 pm

wiggsb wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

I bet they're rejections
They aren't.
how do u know?

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 pm

alanabanana wrote: Yea, so where do you think you're going to end up going?
In the end all, I have been told that you are supposed to go where you have gotten the most positive vibes from in the beginning. Because the fact of the matter is, whether your school is ranked 51, or 52, or any other number for that matter, you are the one that is going to have been to be dealing with the people and the environment at that school for the next three years.
The thing is, I got a personal phone call from FSU 2 weeks after applying letting me know they'd be more than happy to have me join them for the incoming class of 2010 and that a scholarship would be on it's way.
Since then I've had numerous amounts of phone calls and invitations from the law school and it's students. I guess it was always meant to be, and I'm totally content with that. I KNOW i've worked too hard to remain on any waitlist.
So, where will you be?

Well I only applied to six schools... three in early January - waitlisted at UGA and UF, held at Georgia State. Three more in mid-February - Tulane, Colorado-Boulder, LSU. Colorado is my new top choice, I would LOVE to move to Boulder. My fear is that, since I applied so late to Tulane and UC-Boulder, I should expect nothing but more waitlists. If UF and UGA have already filled their classes, I imagine that other 25-50 ranked schools are not far from doing the same.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”