University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jpin22

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by jpin22 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:19 pm

Does all required documents received mean complete?

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:20 pm

jpin22 wrote:Does all required documents received mean complete?
Yep.

jpin22

New

Post by jpin22 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm

how long did it take once you went complete? and is snail mail the consensus way they inform you?

AJaKe

Bronze

Post by AJaKe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

project40

New

Post by project40 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm

AJaKe wrote:Went "Under review by committee" this morning.

How long have y'all sat there until getting a decision?
been there since 1/27

a lot of people are getting much faster turnaround though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:47 pm

jpin22 wrote:how long did it take once you went complete? and is snail mail the consensus way they inform you?
Slightly over 3 weeks until acceptance letter by snail mail.

Lod732

New

Post by Lod732 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Took me about two weeks to get accepted after going complete...it has spoiled me considerably.

chesterj

New

Post by chesterj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Alright, i def feel like a fucking idiot. i got the "decision pending" today on my status for UF. i subsequently went on here to see wtf that meant. apparently a hold/defer. and in reading more shit on this thread, i realized that i never turned in my residency info and they havent received my app fee. i have a 163, 3.36 and thought that i should have been good. does anyone think that not paying yet/not sending residency info would make the adcomms automatically defer? i sent that shit in like 10 min ago online. did i fuck myself?

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:16 pm

chesterj wrote:Alright, i def feel like a fucking idiot. i got the "decision pending" today on my status for UF. i subsequently went on here to see wtf that meant. apparently a hold/defer. and in reading more shit on this thread, i realized that i never turned in my residency info and they havent received my app fee. i have a 163, 3.36 and thought that i should have been good. does anyone think that not paying yet/not sending residency info would make the adcomms automatically defer? i sent that shit in like 10 min ago online. did i fuck myself?
what does the residency on your status checker say? does it say nothing? or does it say "non-florida" ?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chesterj

New

Post by chesterj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:26 pm

it says florida for residency. it has nothing for payment of app. if u have already applied to UF, u know that there is the additional info thing that u have to do online...which i forgot to unitl today. the thing is i felt i shoulda gotten in. not "sure fire" but still. and i would hate to not get in bc of this. although i technically havent been notified as of yet, but the "decision pending" status is ominous.

AJaKe

Bronze

Post by AJaKe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chesterj

New

Post by chesterj » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:52 pm

maybe this is a better question. has anyone gotten accepted to UF before having sent there app fee and additional info. maybe im in denial and theyre just not that into me.

hypo

New

Post by hypo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Admitted Students Day Email wrote:Dear Admitted Student,

We are delighted that you have registered to attend the UF Levin College of Law Admitted Student Day scheduled for tomorrow Friday, February 20.
but not so delighted to be bothered with using a form letter to insert your name.
Refreshments: We invite you to visit the law school coffee shop and bookstore where you can purchase refreshments.
and we will be passing a hat around during Dean Robert Jerry's welcome remarks to help plug our budget shortfall.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

marqban

New

Post by marqban » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:38 pm

hypo wrote:
Admitted Students Day Email wrote:Dear Admitted Student,

We are delighted that you have registered to attend the UF Levin College of Law Admitted Student Day scheduled for tomorrow Friday, February 20.
but not so delighted to be bothered with using a form letter to insert your name.
Refreshments: We invite you to visit the law school coffee shop and bookstore where you can purchase refreshments.
and we will be passing a hat around during Dean Robert Jerry's welcome remarks to help plug our budget shortfall.
guess BYOB all the way at UF :D

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 am

chesterj wrote:maybe this is a better question. has anyone gotten accepted to UF before having sent there app fee and additional info. maybe im in denial and theyre just not that into me.
Calm down, deep breaths..... the app fee won't show up on your status checker, and if your application was received by January 15 you have until March 1 to "go complete" and submit any other information including letters of recommendation.

It has been discussed on here and semi-confirmed on tours that UF is attempting to reduce the size of its 1L class for next year. This leads me to believe that they are being judicious with the rate at which they issue acceptances.

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 pm

people want to go to UF law? gross

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:11 pm

misbuble wrote:people want to go to UF law? gross
LOL

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HoneybeeM1

New

Post by HoneybeeM1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Hey everyone!!

Just wanted to post here....

I went from "Decision Pending" to "Decision letter in transit" a few days ago. I got my acceptance letter to UF in the mail today!! :)

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 pm

carine44 wrote:
LOL
bump...I can't believe I got someone to laugh at that, I was serious...this thread reminds me that i need a colonoscopy

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm

misbuble wrote:
carine44 wrote:
LOL
bump...I can't believe I got someone to laugh at that, I was serious...this thread reminds me that i need a colonoscopy
Yeah, I laughed because I can relate - I applied because I'm instate and I felt I should because it's dirt cheap. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to make the most sense financially, though at this point I'm pretty sure I'd rather go into debt for Wake.

Not to trash people who want to go there - to each his own. I just hate nearly everything about the state of Florida and can't wait to get out of here.

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:24 pm

carine44 wrote:
misbuble wrote:
carine44 wrote:
LOL
Yeah, I laughed because I can relate - I applied because I'm instate and I felt I should because it's dirt cheap. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn out to make the most sense financially, though at this point I'm pretty sure I'd rather go into debt for Wake.

Not to trash people who want to go there - to each his own. I just hate nearly everything about the state of Florida and can't wait to get out of here.
UF is about to be tier 2 within 2-5 years, fsu is already tier 2. Both have faculty who even the state attorney will tell you are on an ego trip. Both are pretty poor schools. Both are in fugly cities. Both do have attractive females tho.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GatorPi

New

Post by GatorPi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:25 pm

HoneybeeM1 wrote:Hey everyone!!

I went from "Decision Pending" to "Decision letter in transit" a few days ago. I got my acceptance letter to UF in the mail today!! :)

Congrats! How long had you been in "Decision Pending" and what are your numbers if you dont mind? :)

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 pm

I just wanted the chance to hang out with Tim Tebow.

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:37 pm

I hope you like church.

afx

New

Post by afx » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:02 pm

HoneybeeM1 wrote:Hey everyone!!

Woohoo more hope for us pending! Numbers?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”