University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm

UFLS2013 wrote:I guess UF was not being sincere when they said 3/11 is a "mixed batch"
Hold out hope we do not know that yet....

nbatty

New

Post by nbatty » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 pm

What p_r said is scary. Very scary.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:11 pm

UFLS2013 wrote:I guess UF was not being sincere when they said 3/11 is a "mixed batch"

I freaked out when I read the post by p_r, so I called the admissions office... and I do not believe they're being sincere in saying that they have already extended all the Fall 2010 offers of admission.

I told them that I got DLIT 3/16 and a friend of mine got theirs 3/11 and got their waitlist letter today, stating that all Fall 2010 admissions offers had been extended. I then asked if I was to take this to mean that any decision after 3/11 is at best a waitlist. The girl on the phone replied "hold on" and immediately put me on hold for 30+ seconds. She came back on and she said that it does not necessarily mean that, but that she said that she couldn't give any information about the contents of the decision letters.

I don't really know what to do with this... if it was as simple as all the admission offers have seriously been extended already, I don't think she would have said it "doesn't necessarily mean that" all decisions after 3/11 are waitlists or rejections.

If she had not said that it "doesn't necessarily mean that", and had infact confirmed the truth of the phrase from the waitlist letter, she would have still been protecting the contents of the decision letters by leaving open the possibilities of waitlists OR rejections.

Regardless, I don't know what to think about this.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Ugh.

UFLS2013

New

Post by UFLS2013 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:

I freaked out when I read the post by p_r, so I called the admissions office... and I do not believe they're being sincere in saying that they have already extended all the Fall 2010 offers of admission.

I told them that I got DLIT 3/16 and a friend of mine got theirs 3/11 and got their waitlist letter today, stating that all Fall 2010 admissions offers had been extended. I then asked if I was to take this to mean that any decision after 3/11 is at best a waitlist. The girl on the phone replied "hold on" and immediately put me on hold for 30+ seconds. She came back on and she said that it does not necessarily mean that, but that she said that she couldn't give any information about the contents of the decision letters.

I don't really know what to do with this... if it was as simple as all the admission offers have seriously been extended already, I don't think she would have said it "doesn't necessarily mean that" all decisions after 3/11 are waitlists or rejections.

If she had not said that it "doesn't necessarily mean that", and had infact confirmed the truth of the phrase from the waitlist letter, she would have still been protecting the contents of the decision letters by leaving open the possibilities of waitlists OR rejections.

they could honestly simply email rejects and waitlists...whats the point of wasting paper and having us wait...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 pm

p_r wrote:My 3/11 letter has informed me of my place on the waitlist (157/3.58). It also states that "as of this date, all Fall 2010 admissions offers have been extended."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAqWFg06RDc

waverider

Bronze

Post by waverider » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:18 pm

UFLS2013 wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

they could honestly simply email rejects and waitlists...whats the point of wasting paper and having us wait...

+1

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm

For those of you who got your 3/11 waitlist letter, does it say if the waitlist is ranked? I know it isn't a very fun time to ask, but nothing is fun about waitlists.

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

I highly doubt they waitlisted a group of sub 159 lsat'ers on 3/11 just to turn around and reject everyone over a 160 on 3/16. Doesn't make sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

luckyduck

Bronze

Post by luckyduck » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:21 pm

3/11 DLIT; Waitlisted . 3.9, LSAT south of 157, non-trad, non-urm. Waitlisted letter does not indicate if waitlist is ranked.

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:22 pm

UFLS2013 wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

Have you got your letter yet UFL?

p_r

New

Post by p_r » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:22 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:

I wonder what else that could mean. And if it turns out that 3/16 and/or 3/17 batches contain admissions, I will not be sending in my Wait List Response Form. I'd rather be told that my numbers aren't good enough than be lied to by people who expect absolute honesty from me.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm

steven3579 wrote:I highly doubt they waitlisted a group of sub 159 lsat'ers on 3/11 just to turn around and reject everyone over a 160 on 3/16. Doesn't make sense.
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

p_r

New

Post by p_r » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:For those of you who got your 3/11 waitlist letter, does it say if the waitlist is ranked? I know it isn't a very fun time to ask, but nothing is fun about waitlists.
No info on rankings.

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

p_r wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

I wonder what else that could mean. And if it turns out that 3/16 and/or 3/17 batches contain admissions, I will not be s
ending in my Wait List Response Form. I'd rather be told that my numbers aren't good enough than be lied to by people who expect absolute honesty from me.
I think ur taking a too literal interpretation of the letter. They could just mean that all fall 2010 admissions have tentatively been offered even though they haven't mailed them yet.

UFLS2013

New

Post by UFLS2013 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 pm

steven3579 wrote:
p_r wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

I wonder what else that could mean. And if it turns out that 3/16 and/or 3/17 batches contain admissions, I will not be s
ending in my Wait List Response Form. I'd rather be told that my numbers aren't good enough than be lied to by people who expect absolute honesty from me.
I think ur taking a too literal interpretation of the letter. They could just mean that all fall 2010 admissions have tentatively been offered even though they haven't mailed them yet.

it could...

GatorsFTW

New

Post by GatorsFTW » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:43 pm

3/11 DLIT - got the mail from UF today; i live in gainesville. waitlisted.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Also 3/11 DLIT...got the letter today...also waitlisted. 150/3.8 URM.

Looks like I'm about 90% sure I'm going to Chicago-Kent next year and I'm more than happy with that. I'll stay on the waitlist until June, but if I hear nothing by the time I have to put my second seat deposit down...I'm done.

UFLS2013

New

Post by UFLS2013 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm

considering that there have been no posts of acceptances at this point....im really going to guess and say 3/11 is strictly waitlists....

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:49 pm

3/11...waitlisted :-(

As Pr confirmed, my letter said "As of this date, all Fall 2010 admissions affers have been extended. Although at this time we are not able to offer you a seat in the Fall 2010 class, your name has been placed on the wait list."

They may be just saying that though, but I don't see why they would.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm

steven3579 wrote:I highly doubt they waitlisted a group of sub 159 lsat'ers on 3/11 just to turn around and reject everyone over a 160 on 3/16. Doesn't make sense.

Thank you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Wow, sounds like UF is really trying to up themselves in the rankings this year. As to the person who speculated that the same number of applicants are applying as last year but just to more schools, I find that suspect. I would think that alot more people are applying this year as people who tried to find jobs last year but couldn't turn to law school. Secondly, I really think that the average person, not on TLS forums, really only applies to a handful of different schools. I doubt that most people can afford the application fees for 10+ different schools, or even the out of state tuition for most schools.

From this thread, it seemed like alot of the people who went DIT 3/16 and 3/17 had good stats, but for all of them to be waitlisted??? I would be pretty shocked for everyone post 3/11 DIT to be a waitlist.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steven3579

New

Post by steven3579 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:11 pm

In response to the application fees, people with an lsac fee waiver get to apply to 4 schools free and then just $12 each after that

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:12 pm

p_r wrote:It also states that "as of this date, all Fall 2010 admissions offers have been extended."
That's most likely BS, because they have no idea how many people are going to eventually withdraw. I'm sure they have a limit as to how many outstanding admissions offers they are allowed to send out, and they aren't allowed to send out any more until people withdraw. They don't want to end up being Miami last year.

Furthermore, it depends on their definition of "extended". "Extended" could mean that they already decided to admit more people but hadn't yet sent out the letters.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”