University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Edge427

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by Edge427 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

UF considers the highest score.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Direct from the website:
In the absence of documentation that a candidate was ill, or that some other unusual condition occurred during one of the tests, all LSAT scores are considered. Applicants should discuss score differentiation in the Admissions Statement.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm

It might say that on the website, but what incentive would they have to effectively torpedo their USNEWS rank denying people with split LSAT scores?

jpin22

New

Post by jpin22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm

according to the admissions lady they now take the highest even though they will technically see the lower... Why would you talk about score differential in your PS as opposed to an addendum......??

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:09 pm

In a competitive year it's just a question mark that has to be explained away.

I'm not on any admissions committees, but my take on split scores is that it seems everyone attempts to own the high score and disown the low score. Nobody ever writes an addendum saying that he/she guessed correct often or enjoyed the RC topics for the high score, despite the fact that high outliers should occur just as often as low outliers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpin22

New

Post by jpin22 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:15 pm

When I started studying for the June 2008 LSAT, anytime I would take a practice test I would get a strong headache. These headaches would begin a couple of sections in and at first I thought they were just natural fatigue from the test. I kept taking practice tests, thinking that eventually they would subside as I gained more endurance. The headaches continued despite trying various methods to eliminate them. During the June 2008 LSAT, I received one of these headaches and struggled through the last three sections of the test. After receiving my score of 152 which was below my average during practice tests, I continued looking for answers.
The source of the headaches was that I suffered from eye strain, and had to concentrate too hard just to see the words according to my doctor. My doctor recommended glasses and I saw significant improvement in my score with the glasses. I no longer had a headache during practice tests and could maintain focus for all five sections. The December LSAT score of 165 is much more indicative of my ability.

thats my addendum... i think its addendum worthy

LisandraL17

New

Post by LisandraL17 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Where is the status checker on the UF law school page?

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:57 pm

LisandraL17 wrote:Where is the status checker on the UF law school page?
misread the question
Last edited by midrangejumper on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:01 pm

LisandraL17 wrote:Where is the status checker on the UF law school page?
the status checker is on the front page of the admissions section on the right hand side

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:27 pm

Got the email directing me to pay the fee today (applied 1/15).

Edge427

New

Post by Edge427 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:33 pm

Went complete a few days ago. "All required documents received". Applied 1/14.

Guess it's time to wait!

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:36 pm

waiting stinks

lawseek

New

Post by lawseek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:42 pm

Is anyone else this: "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"? It seems to me that the decision is the point of the review.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm

lawseek wrote:Is anyone else this: "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"? It seems to me that the decision is the point of the review.
Prosepctive Student Update 2 translates that language as "on hold." Hope that helps.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:44 pm

lawseek wrote:Is anyone else this: "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"? It seems to me that the decision is the point of the review.
I am still at the "All required documents received." How long after you went complete did your status change to that? I bet you hear soon! Good luck!

waker57

New

Post by waker57 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Mine is:

Current Status: Under review by committee
Current Status Date: 1/22/2009

You would think there'd be a more uniform "status" being yours is "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"

I visited this weekend and was very impressed. This school jumped from 2 or 3 to my clear number 1 so I want to get in. :|

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:47 pm

geoanthem wrote:
I am still at the "All required documents received." How long after you went complete did your status change to that? I bet you hear soon! Good luck!
It took a month for me to go from complete to under review by committe.

How long did it take to change to decision pending?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waker57

New

Post by waker57 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:47 pm

geoanthem wrote:
Ah, just read this, that makes sense

lawseek

New

Post by lawseek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:51 pm

uncle mike wrote:
Prosepctive Student Update 2 translates that language as "on hold." Hope that helps.
Thanks. Although I didn't receive that update, I figured it was something like that. I went complete on 12/7. Best of luck to all.

lawseek

New

Post by lawseek » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm

lawseek wrote:
uncle mike wrote:
Thanks. Although I didn't receive that update, I figured it was something like that. I went complete on 12/7. Best of luck to all.
Changed to "decision pending" on 1/22. Before that I was "under review" for approx. one month.

waker57

New

Post by waker57 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:57 pm

It doesn't look like they've made many decisions relative to some other schools when looking at LSN.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tempurabanana

New

Post by tempurabanana » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:28 pm

FYI: I applied early January and called admissions today because I still hadn't received the email. They "re-sent" it, but the person on the phone mentioned that the committee will review the application even if the fee hasn't been received yet.

On that note, this residency thing. I am filing as an independent on my taxes this year, but it's the first I've done so. When it asks the date from which I'm claiming residency, do I put my date of birth, or the day I turned 18 or what?

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 pm

tempurabanana wrote:FYI: I applied early January and called admissions today because I still hadn't received the email. They "re-sent" it, but the person on the phone mentioned that the committee will review the application even if the fee hasn't been received yet.

On that note, this residency thing. I am filing as an independent on my taxes this year, but it's the first I've done so. When it asks the date from which I'm claiming residency, do I put my date of birth, or the day I turned 18 or what?
you put the day you started living full time in florida...

fischgat

New

Post by fischgat » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:50 pm

How do i log on to check the application status for UF? It says to use my LSAC username and password, but that doesn't work. I finally received the email confirmation for my application, and I just sent my residency forms and payment last night. How long do I have to wait before I can log on to check my status?

carine44

New

Post by carine44 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:55 pm

fischgat wrote:How do i log on to check the application status for UF? It says to use my LSAC username and password, but that doesn't work. I finally received the email confirmation for my application, and I just sent my residency forms and payment last night. How long do I have to wait before I can log on to check my status?
I got the confirmation on the 3rd and the status checker information on the 5th. That confirmation email is misleading because it reads like you should be able to check your status right away...not the case, but you should be able to in a couple of days.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”