University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
leraa6587

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by leraa6587 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

ram jam wrote:
ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable

I was right.

you were right about what? did you get some kind of email/letter? sorry i'm a little confused since i haven't read all 76+ pgs haha

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm

I went Reviewed by committee- Decision pending yesterday (1/14) after going complete on 1/8 (had to fax traffic infraction info).

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm

rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.
Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?
Last edited by SAE on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:43 pm

It is clear that Florida auto admits with a one to two week turn around. For those whose numbers are competitive at best will have to wait until the second batch is unloaded. Last year, the second batch was released in mid February. Auto admits were receiving acceptances throughout January. If lsat < 166 and/or gpa < 3.5... expect a decision in February. IMO. Hopefully I am wrong.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm

SAE wrote:
Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?
I went straight to "in transit" with no "pending" in between.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

rad law wrote:
SAE wrote:
:cry: People, WITHDRAW!!! :!:

:)

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:02 pm

SAE wrote:
rad law wrote:
SAE wrote:
:cry: People, WITHDRAW!!! :!:

:)
I don't even know if I'm in yet, but I'm hoping this is a pretty good sign.

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 am

ram jam wrote:
ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable

I was right.

Sucks.

Jay-Electronica

Bronze

Post by Jay-Electronica » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm

What is the supplemental form for?? Do I need to send it to my UG. Is it basically to make sure of no misconduct at your UG?

DO they no honor the LSAC fee waiver?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:53 pm

IDILL_E wrote: DO they no honor the LSAC fee waiver?
I think I read somewhere that even with a LSAC fee waiver, UF requires you to pay the $30 (something along the lines of "this fee cannot be waived")

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:38 pm

They do require $30...its a state law. I had a lsac fee waiver and had to pay it. bummer

Anyways...was decision pending, retook, got a 164, now "letter in transit 1/19"

what does this mean

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 pm

It took about 10 days to go from in transit to in mail box.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Cupidity wrote:It took about 10 days to go from in transit to in mail box.
does letter in transit = admit?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

msv5010

New

Post by msv5010 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Hawk, may I ask what your original score was? I'm still decision pending since roughly 12/17 (162, 3.33) but I sent in grades from fall semester (3.8 semester, raising cumulative to 3.4) with the hope that they would have all they needed to make a decision. I see you have a similar GPA, but if you were around my LSAT originally, I would expect to continue waiting.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

msv5010 wrote:Hawk, may I ask what your original score was? I'm still decision pending since roughly 12/17 (162, 3.33) but I sent in grades from fall semester (3.8 semester, raising cumulative to 3.4) with the hope that they would have all they needed to make a decision. I see you have a similar GPA, but if you were around my LSAT originally, I would expect to continue waiting.

I had a 163, 3.52. The 1 point increase was disappointing but hopefully it will be enough.

msv5010

New

Post by msv5010 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks. Personally, I believe you would still be in admissions purgatory with people like me if they weren't accepting you, but again that's JMO. Good luck!

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Yeah I just looked at LSN and nobody got rejected or waitlisted until March. But they usually send out their decisions in batches, is nobody else letter in transit today?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm gonna go to the post office right now to see if my letter is there.

kickincane21

Bronze

Post by kickincane21 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Mine went from committee to "decision pending" which scared me, until I found out today they sent me a snail mail (who knows why they didn't just call or email) and said they needed an explaination of where I was living and what I was doing over the last few years to establish residency.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Damn. Decision is not in my PO Box. I guess partly because of no mail over MLK Day. I'll check tomorrow.

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

At the risk of sounding cocky I assumed I would be an auto-admit. I have strong WE and strong academics. I'm hoping I get a letter asking for more information. If I'm on the waitlist after and auto-admit at UGA I will be pretty bummed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

At the risk of sounding cocky I assumed I would be an auto-admit. I have strong WE and strong academics. I'm hoping I get a letter asking for more information. If I'm on the waitlist after and auto-admit at UGA I will be pretty bummed.
My stats are VERY similar to yours and I'm also "decision pending". My guess is that we just missed the auto-admit criteria and are in the the next batch of acceptances waiting to be sent out.

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm

kickincane21 wrote:Mine went from committee to "decision pending" which scared me, until I found out today they sent me a snail mail (who knows why they didn't just call or email) and said they needed an explaination of where I was living and what I was doing over the last few years to establish residency.
I'm pretty sure that is simply an information form to establish residency and has nothing to do with the admissions process. You're on hold. :)

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm

SAE wrote: My stats are VERY similar to yours and I'm also "decision pending". My guess is that we just missed the auto-admit criteria and are in the the next batch of acceptances waiting to be sent out.

I'll go with this. :D

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

We have very similar stories and numbers (except my UG was done all at once, but same numbers almost to the hundredth decimal).

I wish there were more letters in transit 1/19 to give me some assurance haha.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”