University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Edge427

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:38 pm

tempurabanana wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?
By instructions, do you mean the application fee? I received an email with instructions for checking my online status, but it contains no information about the fee. I applied on 1/7 and have been "All Document Received" since 1/22. I was afraid my spam filter caught the application fee info until I saw other people in here complaining about how long it takes to get the the fee-pay email.

Meanwhile, I applied to FSU the same day and already got an acceptance via phone.
I was under the impression the status checker login and fee email came under 1 message. I have received neither.

lilquibo

New

Post by lilquibo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:14 pm

drewtltl wrote:
lilquibo wrote:
unfgolfer14 wrote:I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?
As opposed to not competitive? If your scared of competition maybe you should reconsider law all together. The real world is always competitive, you might as well get a dose of it before you have to start competing for jobs. Whenever i hear comments like that it really bothers me, why are we as a society always looking for the easiest possible route. It's no wonder I know so many people who immigrated here from other countries (with limited educations) and have absolutely made a killing here. After experiencing starvation, poverty, and crime in third world countries, the things that average p*ssy's like yourself worry about (like competitiveness), must seem like child's play to them. Bro my advice to you is to grow some balls.
I decided that I would register and reply just to this post because it has to be one of the most idiotic responses I've read in quite some time. What kind of insight are you giving to ANYONE with an insulting tirade such as that? "Average p*ssys" I hope you use that one in class and the courtroom, how about "bro"? I have some advice, learn how to speak before you post "advice" on a forum, better yet before you go to law school.

to UNF, I've heard similar things though any school you attend will be competitive. Very good school especially for practicing in Florida.
Ouch you got me on that. Well the only problem is I am in Law School and I do perform in the courtroom. As I may not use that language there, I believe it is my right to express myself freely here. I think mindless chit chat on a law school forum is hardly indicative of how one carries himself professionally. You can assume my use of the word "bro" classifies me as some douche bag and that's understandable, I didn't even realize I used that term (actually i commend you). But you must understand that my approach to UNF was two fold. While I WAS berating him for being a p*ssy, I was simultaneously helping him to grow a thicker skin. I'm actually honored that you were so compelled by my idiotic rant, that you actually registered just to post a response. In an attempt to offend only one person I have actually surpassed that goal and offended a seemingly innocent observer. I must say your professional demeanor really does shine through your post DREW, I hope we can all, as attorneys, uphold your conservative and professional values and outlook on life. Sometimes I forget how proper and non self-destructive attorneys are, you my friend are a breathe of fresh air. God speed

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:53 pm

hey...just got my email to do the florida residency and paid my application fee....applied on 01/12/2009

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:14 pm

You can assume my use of the word "bro" classifies me as some douche bag and that's understandable
As long as it's not preceded by "Don't tase me..." you should be in the clear.

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 am

ShiftyPig wrote:
You can assume my use of the word "bro" classifies me as some douche bag and that's understandable
As long as it's not preceded by "Don't tase me..." you should be in the clear.
I was there when that happened. Probably the funniest thing I ever saw/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hannah

New

Post by hannah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:12 am

"Reviewed by committee; decision pending" status as of 1/22..
I'm pretty sure I checked this yesterday and that wasn't the status.

Does that mean I have something coming in the mail from UF? Or is this some new trickery?
They should just email me and say "come pick up your letter" and I'll walk half an hour to the Levin section of campus. :P

tempurabanana

New

Post by tempurabanana » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18 am

hannah wrote:"Reviewed by committee; decision pending" status as of 1/22..

Does that mean I have something coming in the mail from UF? Or is this some new trickery?
They should just email me and say "come pick up your letter" and I'll walk half an hour to the Levin section of campus. :P
When did you apply?

Oh, and good luck!

Last edit: I love your icon!

hannah

New

Post by hannah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:20 am

I applied around 11/20.. but I was already under review in early December. When the December LSAT came out they just kept me in review for an extra month.. even though my Dec score was pretty high over the 75% of UF and my Oct score was higher than the median.

I was wondering whether 'decision pending' means that they're sortakinda close to deciding or whether they have decided..?

edit: thanks! :D (re: icon)

PharoahofGA

New

Post by PharoahofGA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:17 pm

hannah wrote:I applied around 11/20.. but I was already under review in early December. When the December LSAT came out they just kept me in review for an extra month.. even though my Dec score was pretty high over the 75% of UF and my Oct score was higher than the median.

I was wondering whether 'decision pending' means that they're sortakinda close to deciding or whether they have decided..?

edit: thanks! :D (re: icon)

My status also changed to application reviewed: decision pending. Though my lsat was at there 25th and my gpa was well above there 75th. I guess we shall see.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

apere054

New

Post by apere054 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 pm

My status also changed today to this. My LSAT is above their median and GPA around their median. Has anyone thought about maybe calling to find out what this means? I might just call during my lunch break. I really hope this isn't some new way to lead us on...

Edit: Ok so I just called and they told me that it means that the committee has reviewed my application and that they still don't have a decision. She said that I'll be getting a decision by late March or early April. I asked if there was any way I could be getting it any sooner and she said no. I guess the waiting game continues...

PharoahofGA

New

Post by PharoahofGA » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:48 pm

apere054 wrote:

My status also changed today to this. My LSAT is above their median and GPA around their median. Has anyone thought about maybe calling to find out what this means? I might just call during my lunch break. I really hope this isn't some new way to lead us on...

Edit: Ok so I just called and they told me that it means that the committee has reviewed my application and that they still don't have a decision. She said that I'll be getting a decision by late March or early April. I asked if there was any way I could be getting it any sooner and she said no. I guess the waiting game continues...
Wow late March or April...Thats waitlist/reject territory. :(

Edge427

New

Post by Edge427 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 pm

PharoahofGA wrote:
apere054 wrote:

Wow late March or April...Thats waitlist/reject territory. :(
While it is waitlist/reject territory, it's also important to remember that these people are getting calls all day similar to yours. Late march/early april is what's published in materials and they probably give canned responses to all sorts of questions.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Last edited by 98234872348 on Thu May 19, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dcisneat

New

Post by dcisneat » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 pm

I received a UF LAW magazine from them today. Also another letter congratulating me on being accepted.

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:46 pm

+1 (on the status). Who knows what it means, though...

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:49 pm

"Decision Pending" is defined in the Prospective Student Update #2 that was sent to us.

hannah

New

Post by hannah » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm

PharoahofGA wrote: Wow late March or April...Thats waitlist/reject territory. :(
I can't imagine why, with a 167/3.78 and UF undergrad, that should be the case :X
But I'm not going there, so, hey.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Edge427

New

Post by Edge427 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm

uncle mike wrote:"Decision Pending" is defined in the Prospective Student Update #2 that was sent to us.
What was it defined as?

acfrahm

New

Post by acfrahm » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 pm

My status also changed to under review today. I applied on November 14 and just went under review. LSAT at median, GPA under. This was after I received a letter yesterday saying I never paid my $30 application fee. I had to call this morning and clear everything up since I had the receipt of payment. The admission staff was actually somewhat nice today, which is the first positive interaction I’ve had with UF so far. Hopefully we hear sooner then expected.

uncle mike

New

Post by uncle mike » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Edge427 wrote:
uncle mike wrote:"Decision Pending" is defined in the Prospective Student Update #2 that was sent to us.
What was it defined as?
The file has been reviewed but no decision has been reached and the committee will review any additional information that is furnished.

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 pm

I had been 'under review' for around two months. They've been rude and curt on the phone when I had questions. Status now says "Pending" like other people have said. I called get some clarification; they were predictably rude and ambiguous. I hope that their admission procedure and staff are not indicative of the University atmosphere as a whole. Coupled with other peoples' experiences and the school's middle of nowhere location I'm really considering just withdrawing my app.

For the record my GPA and LSAT are both above the median and I am instate, non URM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mdd05d

New

Post by mdd05d » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Yea after about a month of "Under Review by Committee" my status changed today to "Reviewed by committee; Decision Pending". My GPA is a little above 25th percentile and my LSAT is a few points over their 75th.. Kind of weird they can't make a decision on me after it's been this long. If that's true I won't hear from them until late March there is no way in hell I'm going to be able to seriously consider them.

project40

New

Post by project40 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 pm

"under review by committee" 1/27 looks like i will be here for a while based on what others in this thread are saying...

Mikey1

New

Post by Mikey1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Wow. Things are not looking good.

I applied on the 14th and I have yet to receive an e-mails stating anything about my application being received, let alone complete.

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm

project40 wrote:"under review by committee" 1/27 looks like i will be here for a while based on what others in this thread are saying...
when did you go complete?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”