University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
domeafavor

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by domeafavor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm in the secondary pool (app submitted 1/21, complete 2/4), yet letter in transit as of 3/5. What does this meeeeean? I thought I had to wait until April!

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:13 pm

SAOJD10 wrote:Once you go DIT whats usually the amount of time it takes the letter to get to you? (Granted I do live in FL)
It took 9 days for my letter to go from Gainesville to Key West after going DIT.
domeafavor wrote:I'm in the secondary pool (app submitted 1/21, complete 2/4), yet letter in transit as of 3/5. What does this meeeeean? I thought I had to wait until April!
Probably depends on your numbers? I'd imagine strong candidates even in the secondary pool might get swift turnarounds.

domeafavor

New

Post by domeafavor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

lawduder wrote:
domeafavor wrote:I'm in the secondary pool (app submitted 1/21, complete 2/4), yet letter in transit as of 3/5. What does this meeeeean? I thought I had to wait until April!
Probably depends on your numbers? I'd imagine strong candidates even in the secondary pool might get swift turnarounds.
I certainly hope speed is good. 160/4.08.

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:23 pm

With your numbers, I'm guessing that they just went ahead and decided to accept you. Probably figured that you might take some other offer should they keep you waiting. It isn't likely that they waitlisted or rejected you, given that they had stated previously that your application would be considered with the secondary pool. Don't take my word for it, though - these are dangerous times.

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Decision letter in transit :/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SAOJD10

Bronze

Post by SAOJD10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Rejected today! DIT 3/1

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:41 pm

DIT 3/5 ... Hoping this is an admit batch.. For those who went DIT today what are your stats?? 162/3.5 here

waverider

Bronze

Post by waverider » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

JCougar wrote:You guys think you have it bad in Alachua County...

You should try Polk. :cry:
Do you live in Polk? I do! :D

And as a UF undergrad I completely agree

Alachua is MUCH better than polk

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Moose Thompson wrote: Also, I spent over 3 years in Polk County. At least you are 30 minutes from Tampa and 40 from Orlando. Gainesville doesn't have any major cities close enough to drive to for a night out without having to stay the night. But, yeah, there is really nothing going on in Polk.
Yeah, I'm about 25 minutes from Ybor and 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. I'm there pretty much every weekend. The one good thing about Lakeland is spring training. That's about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:19 pm

DIT 3/5. Soooo excited. I really think this is an acceptance batch. 163/3.3 AA

Killjoy

New

Post by Killjoy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:32 pm

DIT 3/5 161/3.71

Thoughts?

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:34 pm

No status change :( 160 3.4

PLEASE!!!!!!

scubasam5012

New

Post by scubasam5012 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Long time stalker, first time posting. I went DLIT on 3/1 and am still waiting. I live less than 2 hours from the campus and am starting to lose it. Has everyone who went DLIT on 2/25 received their letter? I would be less impatient if I knew people were still waiting from that cycle.
Also, do you guys really think they would send out 2 batches of just rejections that close together? (I'm referring to the speculation that the 2/25 and 3/1 are rejection batches) I know we never really know what admissions does but COME ON!
Another question: would they reject people on the fringe instead of pulling them into the secondary pool?
I'm not expecting an acceptance, in fact I've already convinced myself it's a rejection but these are the questions I wanted to ask after reading.
Thanks!
159, 3.8 btw

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Decision letter in transit! 3/5

Hope it is good news...

Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone know anything about scholarship information? Have people been receiving money with their acceptance letters, or has it come separately, or not at all yet?

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Separate envelope a couple weeks after

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm

traehekat wrote:Decision letter in transit! 3/5

Hope it is good news...

Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone know anything about scholarship information? Have people been receiving money with their acceptance letters, or has it come separately, or not at all yet?
pm

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Rejected today, DIT 3/1 ugh

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Arpedzio

New

Post by Arpedzio » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:46 pm

fcowrx wrote:DIT 3/5 ... Hoping this is an admit batch.. For those who went DIT today what are your stats?? 162/3.5 here
DIT 3/5, 164/3.6.

Unless their primary applicant pool was amazing I highly doubt we're getting rejections.

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:22 am

Rejected 158, 3.5 in state and application sent early October. Thanks for the wait, Case Western here I come! Go Noles!

beast510

New

Post by beast510 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 am

I guess 3/1ers are more likely to be rejected, according to LSN and here.

Anyway, this is a decision time.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:37 am

JCougar wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote: Also, I spent over 3 years in Polk County. At least you are 30 minutes from Tampa and 40 from Orlando. Gainesville doesn't have any major cities close enough to drive to for a night out without having to stay the night. But, yeah, there is really nothing going on in Polk.
Yeah, I'm about 25 minutes from Ybor and 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. I'm there pretty much every weekend. The one good thing about Lakeland is spring training. That's about it.
God, I live in Tampa and I hate it soooo much. I really cannot wait to get out of Florida or at least out of Tampa.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:39 am

as stars burn wrote:
JCougar wrote:
God, I live in Tampa and I hate it soooo much. I really cannot wait to get out of Florida or at least out of Tampa.
Definitely not glad I moved down here either. I stupidly left Chicago to come down here for a job that is turning out to be a bust. My goal is to get back there eventually after law school.

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:04 am

JCougar wrote:
as stars burn wrote:
JCougar wrote:
Definitely not glad I moved down here either. I stupidly left Chicago to come down here for a job that is turning out to be a bust. My goal is to get back there eventually after law school.
We are just all over this board tonight! haha. So funny, I was just in Chicago visiting a friend of mine a week ago and was so sad when I had to come back here. There is nothing in Tampa. When I graduated and moved here (my fiance found a great job here) I just couldn't find anything (my idea was to work for a year and then go to law school). I'm working and my job sucks, but I've managed to save more than I thought. While I dislike Florida in general I'd go to UF in a heartbeat if they accept me. Hope everything works out for you! I definitely wouldn't mind living in Chicago next year and it's looking pretty good right now.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Just curious - for those who have been admitted, when your status changed to decision letter in transit, did an amount of money appear near the bottom next where it says "Seat Deposit Received"? Just wondering because in the case of Santa Clara if an amount appeared by the seat deposit information it generally meant you were accepted.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:39 pm

?
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”