In at Miami! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kbigs

New

Re: In at Miami!

Post by kbigs » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:15 pm

mrman17 wrote:I'm thinking that I could get used to the hot and muggy summers in Miami, and that it would be worth it to never have to scrape ice and show off of my car in the winter.
+1

And I've always found afternoon thunderstorms to be relaxing.

tknlacrosse

New

Post by tknlacrosse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:37 pm

ShadowRabbit wrote:Living in SWFL let me say, yes the summers are hot. So are the summers in D.C., and other places.

Guess how the winter is though? :)

Complaining about the weather is a ridiculous complaint, especially Miami. If your not happy with Miami's weather, you have weather issues to deal with.

That said, the rest of the complaints seem legit.
Absolutely, I grew up in the D.C. area and D.C. summers are freakishly humid.

ASW is next weekend! I can't make it :cry: but please come back with some info!! :wink:

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Agreed about the weather situation. As a DC resident, summers are so freakin humid. We vacation in Palm Beach every June/July, and it's awesome.

Summers in FL > or = Summers in DC

Winters in FL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Winters in DC

I hope I get pulled off the hold list!

TKM

New

Post by TKM » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 pm

mrman17 wrote:I'm thinking that I could get used to the hot and muggy summers in Miami, and that it would be worth it to never have to scrape ice and show off of my car in the winter.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:59 pm

my sentiments EXACTLY haha :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LLKOOLK1

New

Post by LLKOOLK1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:09 pm

Got a hold/waitlist? letter in the mail today. Says to send any useful info etc etc...what do people think about trying to set up a meeting with someone in admissions and personally delivering my loci(?)?

Mulliganstew

Bronze

Post by Mulliganstew » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:51 pm

In at Miami today! Need to call them to see if I've got a chance at scholarship money tomorrow. :)

TKM

New

Post by TKM » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Mulliganstew wrote:In at Miami today! Need to call them to see if I've got a chance at scholarship money tomorrow. :)
CONGRATS!! I got my admissions stuff today also, but I called on friday and was told I got in. Are you going to attend law day and/or housing day?

Denny_Crane

New

Post by Denny_Crane » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 am

Just withdrew from Miami (w/$23,000 scholly), hope this helps somebody.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kbigs

New

Post by kbigs » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:41 am

Anyone try negotiating their scholarship, using other schools' offers as leverage?

TKM

New

Post by TKM » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:59 pm

6 days...can't wait!!

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Denny_Crane wrote:Just withdrew from Miami (w/$23,000 scholly), hope this helps somebody.
Yes. We need more people like you! :D

kellbell

New

Post by kellbell » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:49 pm

TKM wrote:6 days...can't wait!!
I'm excited too!!! Not looking forward to spending all that money on travel, but excited to visit Miami.

Anyone going to ASW renting a car?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TKM

New

Post by TKM » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:36 pm

kellbell wrote:
I'm excited too!!! Not looking forward to spending all that money on travel, but excited to visit Miami.

Luckily I am staying with family and they are letting me borrow a car! But I think there are a few places that are on the metro rail and will take you campus.

kellbell

New

Post by kellbell » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:15 pm

TKM wrote:
kellbell wrote:

Luckily I am staying with family and they are letting me borrow a car! But I think there are a few places that are on the metro rail and will take you campus.
I'm going to start a Miami thread under the Visiting forum if there isn't one yet.

xania

New

Post by xania » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:04 pm

hi guys, im not sure if im going but i want to pay my deposit because chances are, i might. however, i got a 10k scholarship, do you know if those are binding? i.e. can i still withdraw after accepting the scholarship?

TKM

New

Post by TKM » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:52 pm

xania wrote:hi guys, im not sure if im going but i want to pay my deposit because chances are, i might. however, i got a 10k scholarship, do you know if those are binding? i.e. can i still withdraw after accepting the scholarship?
They can't make you do anything.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Eliza

New

Post by Eliza » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Hey Everyone,

For those of you who are in at Miami or on Hold just curious of what your stats are if you are willing to share--just to see where I stand. Thanks! And Any Advice on how to make a "hold" an acceptance would be great too!

SpencerPratt

Bronze

Post by SpencerPratt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Hold - 2.5/160

kellbell

New

Post by kellbell » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Eliza wrote:Hey Everyone,

For those of you who are in at Miami or on Hold just curious of what your stats are if you are willing to share--just to see where I stand. Thanks! And Any Advice on how to make a "hold" an acceptance would be great too!

It would probably be easier for you to get on LSN & look this up, especially since Miami admits so many people (haha).

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:29 am

kellbell wrote:

It would probably be easier for you to get on LSN & look this up, especially since Miami admits so many people (haha).

:x ahahah

but on that notes, just a fyi, LSN reports that miami admits 49% of its applicants while univesrity of florida, the supposed "superior" law school in florida admits 41%...that's NOT that big of a difference.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eliza

New

Post by Eliza » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:56 am

kellbell wrote:

Thanks, but I have looked at LSN, but they only show wailtist, rejections and acceptances, and no holds--besides this is just another way to find out info.

bella16

Bronze

Post by bella16 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Awe Miami doesn't have funding for the Federal Perkins loans. Pooey, that's an extra 3K.

tarheels19

New

Post by tarheels19 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 pm

3.5/ 153 (really good LOR's/top 10 undergrad B-school/ unique softs) = hold .... admissions said to expect a decision within the first 2 weeks of april

LLKOOLK1

New

Post by LLKOOLK1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:02 pm

tarheels19 wrote:3.5/ 153 (really good LOR's/top 10 undergrad B-school/ unique softs) = hold .... admissions said to expect a decision within the first 2 weeks of april
same here

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”