Harvard Waitlist Statistics

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ecureuil

Re: Harvard Waitlist Statistics

Postby Ecureuil » Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Just got an interview email too! I'm so excited right now, especially since this will be SECOND talk with Toby! So another chance!

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Hegemonyhog and Ecureuil-

Would you mind sharing your stats for those of us still hoping and praying for the TS1?

Big Cheese

Postby Big Cheese » Mon May 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Congrats... but i'm starting to wonder about my application... i been under review since March and not a single word from Harvard..

Ecureuil

Postby Ecureuil » Mon May 05, 2008 4:27 pm

--LinkRemoved--

172/3.9

Hegemonyhog, good luck!

boston101

Postby boston101 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:32 pm

Congrats!! You guys proved me wrong! And, Im happy about it. I hope I get one too... soon! :P

hegemonyhog

Postby hegemonyhog » Mon May 05, 2008 4:53 pm

172/3.29.

I'm excited!

themillsman22

Postby themillsman22 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Congrats to you both! It's also interesting to note that Ecu's numbers are 171+ and 3.9+, which was the money zone in the past.

Ecureuil

Postby Ecureuil » Mon May 05, 2008 5:08 pm

I know it's just paranoia at this point, but anyone know what the stats are for 2nd interviewees? And any idea what questions are asked (I assume a question about continuing interest, but what else)?

sometimes we wear hats

Postby sometimes we wear hats » Mon May 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Ecureuil wrote:I know it's just paranoia at this point, but anyone know what the stats are for 2nd interviewees? And any idea what questions are asked (I assume a question about continuing interest, but what else)?

Not sure about what the statistics are, although I'd imagine they'd be pretty good. Here is a Harvard WL thread from last year: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6927 From this it sounds like the call is similar to the usual TS1, but more discussion on your interest in attending. I'm wondering if since you had a TS1 before, that might be the sole focus. Either way, you guys are like old friends at this point; I'm sure it will be a breeze! :)

Macbethslady

Postby Macbethslady » Mon May 05, 2008 6:30 pm

I'm 171/4.0, waitlisted, and got the second call email today. I'll let you all know what the call is like as soon as it's over.

boston101

Postby boston101 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:35 pm

Good luck all of those getting phone calls this week!! And keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us :wink:

janpower

Postby janpower » Mon May 05, 2008 7:21 pm

USCtrojan86 wrote:As a 173/3.9 sitting on the H waitlist as we speak, this gives me a tiny ray of hope. God bless you, good sir.

All I can say is - wow

nipplehead

Postby nipplehead » Mon May 05, 2008 7:24 pm

shit, those stats in the original post do not make me happy with my 3.7/177

Macbethslady

Postby Macbethslady » Mon May 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Big Cheese wrote:Congrats... but i'm starting to wonder about my application... i been under review since March and not a single word from Harvard..

It could still be okay. I, too, was under review since March until just a couple days ago. Then I was waitlisted...and almost immediately after got the email for a second interview. Anything can happen.

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:56 pm

All I can say is - wow

???

nipplehead- I hear you. I can't help but wonder if maybe folks like us are being kept on the WL less because we actually have a good chance of getting into H at this point and more because even H doesn't like to outright reject candidates with #'s like ours, so they figure they'll just give us the WL and let us take the hint sometime in July/August when the silence becomes deafening.

Although it might very well be an even worse sign for me than for it is for you, because they seem to be big on GPA heavy candidates at this point (my strength) and yet they still skipped right over me to go for the 172's and 171's. :(

nipplehead

Postby nipplehead » Mon May 05, 2008 8:04 pm

USCtrojan86 wrote:
All I can say is - wow

???

nipplehead- I hear you. I can't help but wonder if maybe folks like us are being kept on the WL less because we actually have a good chance of getting into H at this point and more because even H doesn't like to outright reject candidates with #'s like ours, so they figure they'll just give us the WL and let us take the hint sometime in July/August when the silence becomes deafening.

Although it might very well be an even worse sign for me than for it is for you, because they seem to be big on GPA heavy candidates at this point (my strength) and yet they still skipped right over me to go for the 172's and 171's. :(

yeah, word. this cycle has been screwy for lots of people, i guess. i still think you stand a better chance than i do at this point - i feel as though they like that 3.9 more than my extra few points on the LSAT. who knows?

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 pm

I guess we'll find out soon enough one way or another, eh?

Good luck man...I'll be rooting for you, unless of course you plan on taking my spot. :wink:

Lyrrad

Postby Lyrrad » Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 pm

Any idea what I should do if I still haven't heard from Harvard? My application has been "Under Review" since March 27th.

Gators08

Postby Gators08 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:36 pm

Lyrrad wrote:Any idea what I should do if I still haven't heard from Harvard? My application has been "Under Review" since March 27th.

I guess keep waiting? I was in the same boat and the first I ever heard was waitlisted on Wednesday. Now I'm just praying for a TS call (sorry CLS, but it's Harvard).

(174/3.7, not on LSN btw)

sometimes we wear hats

Postby sometimes we wear hats » Tue May 06, 2008 1:26 am

I can't help but wonder if maybe folks like us are being kept on the WL less because we actually have a good chance of getting into H at this point and more because even H doesn't like to outright reject candidates with #'s like ours, so they figure they'll just give us the WL and let us take the hint sometime in July/August when the silence becomes deafening.

Heheh like a courtesy silence? How thoughtful! :) I don't think it's quite that dire, but I guess only time will tell (one agonizing day at a time). Anyway don't worry, trojan, your #s are right in the money spot! Statistics never lie...

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 am

Statistics never lie...

LOL. I like your style just like i like your screen name, swwh :)

And thanks for the encouragement...you're right, always good to try and look on the bright side.

zipzoop

Postby zipzoop » Tue May 06, 2008 8:38 am

congrats all. do you think that the call emails all went out yesterday?

Ecureuil

Postby Ecureuil » Tue May 06, 2008 11:24 am

Based on past figures on LSN, there should be at least two more series of call emails (though the latter one might be much later in the summer).

sometimes we wear hats

Postby sometimes we wear hats » Tue May 06, 2008 11:54 am

USCtrojan86 wrote:LOL. I like your style just like i like your screen name, swwh :) And thanks for the encouragement...you're right, always good to try and look on the bright side.
Absolutely! This can be the "keep hope alive" thread. As the months go by, it can be the "watch hope endure a slow and painful death in the summer heat" thread, but no reason to get ahead of ourselves. ;o) The great thing is that anyone on the WL will undoubtedly be attending an amazing school, whether it's H or not. Can't lose! I'll still be rooting for ya'll though.

edit: deleted some !!s, too perky.

Macbethslady

Postby Macbethslady » Wed May 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Got the call this morning...it lasted thirty seconds. "Do you still want to come?" Yes. "Are you sure? Because I know by now you've accepted somewhere else." Yes. "Okay...Welcome to Harvard."

So the first batch of calls is definitely not an interview batch. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”