Harvard Waitlist Statistics

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jerry maguire

Re: Harvard Waitlist Statistics

Postby jerry maguire » Wed May 14, 2008 2:49 pm

looking forward to being classmates with yall

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:51 pm

who died and made you moderator? i should be commended by my willingness to reject an offer off the WL, yet these jewbags continue their unreasonable bickering.

Christ, I know. F@#$%in' Jewbags always ruining things.

*Keeping in mind the demographics of the legal world, I have a feeling you'll be sure to excell no matter where you go to school with that attitude... :roll:*

Da Stain

Postby Da Stain » Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm

jerry maguire wrote:looking forward to being classmates with yall

Is this your Maguire-esque who's coming with me moment? Answer: No One.

jerry maguire

Postby jerry maguire » Wed May 14, 2008 2:55 pm

USCtrojan86 wrote:
who died and made you moderator? i should be commended by my willingness to reject an offer off the WL, yet these jewbags continue their unreasonable bickering.

Christ, I know. F@#$%in' Jewbags always ruining things.

*Keeping in mind the demographics of the legal world, I have a feeling you'll be sure to excell no matter where you go to school with that attitude... :roll:*

You know Christ was Jewish right?

lishi

Postby lishi » Wed May 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Thank you jerry for your last post on TLS.

Outright discrimination and derogatory remarks about any individual group or society will not be tolerated.

Hopefully this thread can go back to a positive, support system for those still waiting on Harvard.

Good Luck to Everyone!!!

iwasgoingtobeasenator

Postby iwasgoingtobeasenator » Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Go LISHI!

ubuntu

Postby ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 pm

Jerry Maguire,

Please stop. Making a fool of yourself on an internet message board isn't classy, and it takes away from people who are using this board as a place to compare experiences with other Harvard WLees.

By staying on the WL with no intention of attending, you are being selfish. Insinuating otherwise is silly. However, you have earned your spot and have every right to do what you are doing. If in your spot, I couldn't say for certain I wouldn't do the same thing, and I'm sure 99 percent of the posters on this board are the same. We're all looking out for number 1 here, and there's nothing wrong with you trying to make the best of all your hard work. However, attacking people on this board and being an overall asshat is really annoying, and I'd really appreciate it if we just put this to rest and moved on.

Let's try to keep it civilized - we're all adults here, and I really hate weeding through the bickering.

uscguy

Postby uscguy » Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Jerry's move is less selfish than one who accepts off the waitlist

Do you pronounce that as shat?

themillsman22

Postby themillsman22 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Jeez, stop killing the thread! Let's get back to the real issues... who's getting in and who isn't! Thank you Lishi for cleaning up the thread. Let's just hope some PCEM's go out soon.

USCtrojan86

Postby USCtrojan86 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:08 pm

You know Christ was Jewish right?

You caught that irony? Congrats d00d! UCLA is lucky to have you.

uscguy

Postby uscguy » Wed May 14, 2008 3:08 pm

He will eventually move off the WL, and will do some person a favor, I don't see how you can say otherwise

scoutfinch80

Postby scoutfinch80 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Last edited by scoutfinch80 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecureuil

Postby Ecureuil » Wed May 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Anyone interested in returning to the original positive nature of this thread, please follow me. We have plenty of sunshine, silver linings, and cupcakes.
Last edited by Ecureuil on Wed May 14, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buddhaluvsu

Postby buddhaluvsu » Wed May 14, 2008 3:28 pm

Enough with the Jewish stuff

boston101

Postby boston101 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:08 pm

OK back to the important stuff, did anyone hear anything today?? :)

serenavanderwoodsen

Postby serenavanderwoodsen » Wed May 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Ha ha thanks boston. Everyone yes please report. Also speculate. thanks everyone for solidarity and support.
ALSO happy top chef day.
<3 svdw.

themillsman22

Postby themillsman22 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:29 pm

serenavanderwoodsen wrote:Ha ha thanks boston. Everyone yes please report. Also speculate. thanks everyone for solidarity and support.
ALSO happy top chef day.
<3 svdw.

All still appears quiet on the Harvard front. In the Stanford Waitlist update thread, someone called and said they'll be pulling people off theirs in late May-early June. I don't necessarily think, as some have speculated, that Harvard isn't going as deep into their waitlist this year. With people sending more applications to more places, it might be more difficult this year to figure out who is in, who is out, especially if people are depositing at multiple schools. My guess is Harvard anticipates more spots will open up, but they don't want to jump the gun, just in case. Besides, they know we'll keep waiting, it's freaking Harvard.

Ecureuil

Postby Ecureuil » Thu May 15, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm hoping this is the quiet before the storm (of acceptances, of course!)

abbygal0330

Postby abbygal0330 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Keep in mind people, last week, I got my email on thursday afternoon at 3:30-- the ones earlier in the week were all people who had had calls before. If you are looking at trends, it would seem there's no reason to get antsy until end of day today...

themillsman22

Postby themillsman22 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:11 pm

abbygal0330 wrote:Keep in mind people, last week, I got my email on thursday afternoon at 3:30-- the ones earlier in the week were all people who had had calls before. If you are looking at trends, it would seem there's no reason to get antsy until end of day today...

That's what this thread is about. Thanks for the positivity and congrats again on your admit.

serenavanderwoodsen

Postby serenavanderwoodsen » Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 pm

has anyone here read "and then we came to the end." there is a part that i want to reference, but don't have the book around....

serenavanderwoodsen

Postby serenavanderwoodsen » Fri May 16, 2008 11:37 am

Ok so here is the gist. The book is more or less about office malaise, I suppose, among other things. There is this part where he's describing one of the workers who has this screenwriting hobby. He's never really sold a screenplay i think but thinks of himself as part of the hollywood community...his officemates all cringe behind his back for various reasons, not the least of which is that he refers to robert de niro as "bobby." anyways they tease him and sort of roll their eyes among themselves. So anyway one day the guy is like, i have to give this up, i am never going to really make it happen. he gets really sad and despondent. all of the sudden everyone is like, no, don't give it up! keep believing! and he's like no, i just can't waste my time like this anymore, i'm getting old, etc. his coworkers implore him to keep writing but he stops. everyone feels mildly shamed or, i can't really put my finger on the feeling but the book is better at describing it. so...then the book jumps to the day in the future when someone walks into his office and catches him frantically trying to close out of his screenwriting software. and the line at the end of the paragraph is something like, hope had risen again, like a phoenix.

anyway...ha...ha...whenever this thread is bumped, i think of that line or some middling iteration of it...hope had risen again, like a phoenix.

-svdw

themillsman22

Postby themillsman22 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:56 am

I can't decide whether that's depressing or hopeful, lol

serenavanderwoodsen

Postby serenavanderwoodsen » Fri May 16, 2008 12:12 pm

oh i read it as hopeful. honestly. i think it's inspiring.

serenavanderwoodsen

Postby serenavanderwoodsen » Fri May 16, 2008 12:13 pm

unless you're, uh, talking about my hope rising like a phoenix whenever this thread is bumped...in which case...hopeful or depressing...time will tell. :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”