UCLA Waitlist 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rp28

New

UCLA Waitlist 2021

Post by rp28 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 pm

Fairly new to TLS, not all the way sure how to start a thread.

Anyone on UCLA's waitlist seeing any movement? According the threads last year they started reaching out to people by May 3rd. I noticed they still have a considerable number of applications pending on LSN, could this mean waitlist consideration is going to be pushed back?

rgg

New

Re: UCLA Waitlist 2021

Post by rgg » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Their first seat deposit is April 15 and the second is June 15th, so I am wondering if they are just behind on calculating the seats left after the 1st seat deposit or if not that many are left and so they won't be accepting people off the waitlist till after the second seat deposit.

chillin2018

New

Post by chillin2018 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:09 am

This is agony. Sitting in the dark with no idea when we can expect to hear anything.

chillin2018

New

Post by chillin2018 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:29 am

rp28 wrote:Fairly new to TLS, not all the way sure how to start a thread.

Anyone on UCLA's waitlist seeing any movement? According the threads last year they started reaching out to people by May 3rd. I noticed they still have a considerable number of applications pending on LSN, could this mean waitlist consideration is going to be pushed back?
How can you tell if applications are pending on LSN?

rgg

New

Post by rgg » Wed May 09, 2018 3:30 pm

chillin2018 wrote:This is agony. Sitting in the dark with no idea when we can expect to hear anything.
I know, hopefully by Mid-June we will hear something

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

honeygirl14

New

Post by honeygirl14 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I was informed via email that I was placed on the waitlist in late April, revisited the school the next week, and sent a LOCI earlier this week. This morning, I got an email from Mr. Wu requesting my availability for a Skype interview. I don't know if you guys had the opportunity to interview with UCLA before they made a decision (I didn't), but I suppose this is movement! Best of luck everyone <3 We're almost through this...

rp28

New

Post by rp28 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:02 pm

honeygirl14 wrote:I was informed via email that I was placed on the waitlist in late April, revisited the school the next week, and sent a LOCI earlier this week. This morning, I got an email from Mr. Wu requesting my availability for a Skype interview. I don't know if you guys had the opportunity to interview with UCLA before they made a decision (I didn't), but I suppose this is movement! Best of luck everyone <3 We're almost through this...

Would you mind sharing your stats?

rp28

New

Post by rp28 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:04 pm

chillin2018 wrote:
rp28 wrote:Fairly new to TLS, not all the way sure how to start a thread.

How can you tell if applications are pending on LSN?
I just figured because there is at least a full page on the "applicants" LSN page that still say pending that there are some people who haven't heard back. Maybe it's just people who haven't updated but there are quite a few.

chillin2018

New

Post by chillin2018 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm

honeygirl14 wrote:I was informed via email that I was placed on the waitlist in late April, revisited the school the next week, and sent a LOCI earlier this week. This morning, I got an email from Mr. Wu requesting my availability for a Skype interview. I don't know if you guys had the opportunity to interview with UCLA before they made a decision (I didn't), but I suppose this is movement! Best of luck everyone <3 We're almost through this...
Good luck! I did not interview before my WL decision. From previous threads that looks like a good sign that they requested an interview. Feel free to come back with tips and advice :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

honeygirl14

New

Post by honeygirl14 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Update: Easily the worst interview of my life. My best friend's dad died the night before my morning interview and I didn't sleep and decided I'd just throw my energy into prepping answers to the questions that I was expecting - why law, why UCLA law, tell me about "___" from college / research / resume, etc. and got none of these. Tough, intense questions testing your ability to think and form an argument on the spot and I definitely crashed and burned on multiple occasions. Sick!!! Stoked

Enjoy the spot that I was vying for.

bestio

New

Post by bestio » Mon May 21, 2018 12:21 pm

I went to visit the school and spoke with Mr. Wu. Realized mid conversation that I was actually being interviewed. Not really sure how I did, but I know that law schools this year received an increased amount of applications which is probably why they might not be sending wait list updates as fast as expected.

rp28

New

Post by rp28 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:46 am

bestio wrote:I went to visit the school and spoke with Mr. Wu. Realized mid conversation that I was actually being interviewed. Not really sure how I did, but I know that law schools this year received an increased amount of applications which is probably why they might not be sending wait list updates as fast as expected.

Did you make the appointment to check out the campus yourself or were you invited for a visit/interview?

bestio

New

Post by bestio » Tue May 22, 2018 1:56 pm

rp28 wrote:
bestio wrote:I went to visit the school and spoke with Mr. Wu. Realized mid conversation that I was actually being interviewed. Not really sure how I did, but I know that law schools this year received an increased amount of applications which is probably why they might not be sending wait list updates as fast as expected.

Did you make the appointment to check out the campus yourself or were you invited for a visit/interview?
I made an appointment to check out the campus, I was not invited for a visit/interview. That's why it took mid conversation to realize that it was actually an interview on the spot. Wish I had prepared more since I was not expecting it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rp28

New

Post by rp28 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:43 pm

Anyone know when the second deposit deadline is? It doesn’t look like there was too much movement after the April deposit deadline, maybe there’s just not as many spots left this year.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:53 pm

rp28 wrote:Anyone know when the second deposit deadline is? It doesn’t look like there was too much movement after the April deposit deadline, maybe there’s just not as many spots left this year.
The second deadline is June 15, so I would expect additional movement after that date.

blawblawblaw6464

New

Post by blawblawblaw6464 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Anyone have any updates on this? I was hoping there would be some movement after the second deposit but I didn't notice any.

dk1234567

New

Post by dk1234567 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi,

Just wondering, has anyone heard back from the waitlist? I wasn't sure if admissions was a bit behind this year, or if I'm just not being chosen off the waitlist. I know this was a bit of a difficult year with the whole trump bump thing, but it's past the second deposit deadline...so does this mean that I'm pretty much not going to be chosen? I also heard that in previous years, waitlist applicats got interviews...has anyone been contacted for an interview? I saw one post about getting an interview, but for the most part, this year's waitlist thread seems to be kinda...dead

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”