Editing Posts

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bojack93

New

Editing Posts

Postby Bojack93 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Hey @management,

Why can't people edit posts anymore? Seems like a weird change to make! I am more inclined to post on message boards that allow me to edit posts and hope that I will be able to find one. That will make top-law-schools.com much easier for me. I occasionally make typos, you see.

Yours,
Bojack

NukinFutz

Bronze

Re: Editing Posts

Postby NukinFutz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Management,

I concur with the previous poster. I also would like to add that removing private messages was another bad move. Information sharing, aside from making public posting, is a large value of this website to users.

You are breaking something that worked. Lost another user here.

esq

Silver

Postby esq » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:40 am

Honestly not sure what's going on with this site anymore. Nowhere near what it used to be. Time to fix it.

chraruce

New

Postby chraruce » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I agree here. There are times that people want to take back information that is too personal or information that maybe 2 hours later looks more distasteful than when the thought first came to mind.

Even the law, during litigation, allows attorneys to recover information that was mistakenly provided in the first place (clawback rule anyone?). It seems that editing in this less formal context should be allowed for at least similar reasons.

nixy

Bronze

Postby nixy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:25 pm

chraruce wrote:I agree here. There are times that people want to take back information that is too personal or information that maybe 2 hours later looks more distasteful than when the thought first came to mind.

Even the law, during litigation, allows attorneys to recover information that was mistakenly provided in the first place (clawback rule anyone?). It seems that editing in this less formal context should be allowed for at least similar reasons.

(you can edit posts now)

nixy

Bronze

Postby nixy » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:26 pm

(okay maybe only in threads started since they reinstituted that ability)

Toadvine

New

Postby Toadvine » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 pm

nixy wrote:
chraruce wrote:I agree here. There are times that people want to take back information that is too personal or information that maybe 2 hours later looks more distasteful than when the thought first came to mind.

(you can edit posts now)

Please tell me how. Not seeing an edit button anywhere. Thanks!

nixy

Bronze

Postby nixy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:40 am

I spoke too broadly. You can edit posts in threads started after they turned that functionality back on. You can’t edit posts in threads that existed when they turned the editing functionality off.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?