Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DrSnapple

New

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law c/o 2021

Post by DrSnapple » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:38 am

KPUSN07 wrote:
KoozBall wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:Congrats to those in - I’m guess waitlist for me as I’ve not already been rejected as I had the 48 hr notice vi status checker?
Not necessarily! Bet you got in, have you heard yet?
Yea I just heard - WL for me - that's ok - my GPA is below 25% and my LSAT is slightly above 25% - can't complain too much!
In a very similar boat. 25<LSAT/GPA<50 as well. WL. Best of luck to the both of us!

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:22 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:Hey all, checking in! Was admitted to Maurer on Friday last week. It's my first law school acceptance so far! Still waiting to hear back from several other schools, but I'm thinking of going to the admitted students day. Do you guys think it'd be better to go in Feb or March? Also, received a 50% scholarship, but I'd like to negotiate if possible. I hear Maurer is generous with their scholarships. Any ideas of how I should go about doing that?
Congrats :) I was kinda wondering the same thing, but it seems early for hitting them up for scholarship bumps seeing they just really started admitting people.
Thanks! Do you think you'll end up going to Maurer? Also, when do you think would be a more appropriate time? Like mid Feb?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:51 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:/quote]

Thanks! Do you think you'll end up going to Maurer? Also, when do you think would be a more appropriate time? Like mid Feb?
Well, I am still parsing it out. Maurer seems to be a good option all-in-all, but I have yet to hear back from quite a few schools (I applied a bit late). Honestly - to answer your question - I am not sure. February seems a bit more cordial than right now. But that is just my opinion.

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
BL2017 wrote:Side note- been very impressed with IU since being accepted. I received a personalized voice mail congratulating me and a IU branded Bluetooth speaker in the mail. Very cool!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was accepted back on the 18th of Dec. I loved the little speaker; it rocks! I also enjoyed my conversation with Dean Canada. Scholly too boot :)
Yeah it's pretty loud! I didn't have a chance to speak to Dean Canada but he seems like a great guy.

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 am

BL2017 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
BL2017 wrote:Side note- been very impressed with IU since being accepted. I received a personalized voice mail congratulating me and a IU branded Bluetooth speaker in the mail. Very cool!
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I was accepted back on the 18th of Dec. I loved the little speaker; it rocks! I also enjoyed my conversation with Dean Canada. Scholly too boot :)
Yeah it's pretty loud! I didn't have a chance to speak to Dean Canada but he seems like a great guy.
I was accepted on the 5th of Jan. Haven't received any mail from Maurer :( Hope I get a speaker, too!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
I was accepted on the 5th of Jan. Haven't received any mail from Maurer :( Hope I get a speaker, too!

I would suspect you'll see an acceptance packet in the mail any day now!

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:52 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
I was accepted on 1/5 as well. Got a call from the Dean Canada yesterday and he told me to keep an eye on snail mail as official letter is coming. So I think we will get one?
He is a great guy, super personable on the phone!

tominusprime

New

Post by tominusprime » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi, all! Applied on 11/8, went UR on 11/10, Still waiting to receive word back, but I do have a question in the meantime. I just checked my status for any movement, and noticed that the list of requirements at the bottom just has an empty checkbox that says "Picture." Anyone have any idea what that's all about?

ltepen

New

Post by ltepen » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm

tominusprime wrote:Hi, all! Applied on 11/8, went UR on 11/10, Still waiting to receive word back, but I do have a question in the meantime. I just checked my status for any movement, and noticed that the list of requirements at the bottom just has an empty checkbox that says "Picture." Anyone have any idea what that's all about?
Mine shows that and I'm admitted. It's a picture for their internal system of students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:11 pm

tominusprime wrote:Hi, all! Applied on 11/8, went UR on 11/10, Still waiting to receive word back, but I do have a question in the meantime. I just checked my status for any movement, and noticed that the list of requirements at the bottom just has an empty checkbox that says "Picture." Anyone have any idea what that's all about?
Mine also says picture. Is this a sign of a soon acceptance?

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:18 pm

I was admitted and I see that on my status checker too. The box is unchecked. I haven't checked my status checker for a while now, but for "status" it says "decision was made." Perhaps these two things in conjunction together is a good sign for those waiting to hear back.

gabylsatprep18

New

Post by gabylsatprep18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:07 pm

Checking in!

Applied on 12/25 (yes, I spent my Christmas applying to law schools). Changed to UR on 1/4, waiting anxiously for a response. My status checker says that they might take up to 3 weeks to make a decision so I still have another 8 days to go crazy. Did anyone receive a response in less than 3 weeks?

I already got accepted in another school with $$$ but IU is one of my first choices (live in IN, they have a 2 year program, in-state tuition is great).

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 am

NukinFutz wrote:
I was admitted and I see that on my status checker too. The box is unchecked. I haven't checked my status checker for a while now, but for "status" it says "decision was made." Perhaps these two things in conjunction together is a good sign for those waiting to hear back.
I would imagine that maybe they could theoretically want students that commit to them to submit a head shot or something, so it could be a good sign. Maybe you'll be getting an acceptance letter soon.

I finally received my acceptance package :), but no Bluetooth speaker :(. Maybe those are only for the hot shots lol. I'm probably going to be heading to the March admitted student weekend. Anyone else thinking about going to the later one?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 am

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
I would imagine that maybe they could theoretically want students that commit to them to submit a head shot or something, so it could be a good sign. Maybe you'll be getting an acceptance letter soon.

I finally received my acceptance package :), but no Bluetooth speaker :(. Maybe those are only for the hot shots lol. I'm probably going to be heading to the March admitted student weekend. Anyone else thinking about going to the later one?
Did anyone that was accepted notice a "picture" under requirements and then a change back to the requirements that is "CAS Report, Personal statement, LOR"? I had the latter then "picture" then back to the beginning one as of yesterday.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:25 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

I suspect the speaker gift was to coincide with Christmas, even though it came after Christmas. If I go to Admit Day, it will be to the earlier most likely.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:28 pm

I'll be at the February admit day!

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:27 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:I'll be at the February admit day!
Nice! Are people going to the admit day even if they know they will not be attending Maurer?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tominusprime

New

Post by tominusprime » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Sharktank1515 wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Did anyone that was accepted notice a "picture" under requirements and then a change back to the requirements that is "CAS Report, Personal statement, LOR"? I had the latter then "picture" then back to the beginning one as of yesterday.
Just happened to me, too. I checked status again today, and it's back to "Personal Statement, Resume, CAS Report, LOR". :?

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:06 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:I'll be at the February admit day!
Nice! Are people going to the admit day even if they know they will not be attending Maurer?
I'll be at the February one too! Maurer is in my top 3 choices so I'm going with the intent of seeing how I fit with the school and town.

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:07 pm

tominusprime wrote:
Sharktank1515 wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Just happened to me, too. I checked status again today, and it's back to "Personal Statement, Resume, CAS Report, LOR". :?

I am not too sure what to make of this. My GPA is right below the 50th and LSAT is 25th.

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

I suspect the speaker gift was to coincide with Christmas, even though it came after Christmas. If I go to Admit Day, it will be to the earlier most likely.
Haha, sure enough I got home last night to a Bluetooth speaker waiting in my mailbox. You guys are right. That thing is surprisingly good lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 pm

TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Haha, sure enough I got home last night to a Bluetooth speaker waiting in my mailbox. You guys are right. That thing is surprisingly good lol.
Yes! I've been using it when I watch Netflix on my phone lol

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm

BL2017 wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Argh! So jealous of both of you with the speaker lol!

TheAmazingBabe

New

Post by TheAmazingBabe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 pm

KoozBall wrote:
BL2017 wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:
TheAmazingBabe wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

Argh! So jealous of both of you with the speaker lol!
You're in though, right? I'm sure you'll be getting one too! Is everyone in this forum that's planning on potentially attending Maurer from the midwest?

KoozBall

New

Post by KoozBall » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Yeah I'm in. I'm originally from CA, did my UG there, but currently live in South Louisiana.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”