Howard Law c/o 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Emanda

New

Re: Howard Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Post by Emanda » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:59 am

stjeff00 wrote:
Emanda wrote:Has anyone heard back this week?

I’ve been refreshing my status checker like 30 times a day.
Nope. I’ve been under review since the 6th of last month and have heard nothing...
Ugh the wait is killing me. I’ve bee complete since November 29th.

stjeff00

New

Post by stjeff00 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am

Emanda wrote:
stjeff00 wrote:
Emanda wrote:Has anyone heard back this week?

I’ve been refreshing my status checker like 30 times a day.
Nope. I’ve been under review since the 6th of last month and have heard nothing...
Ugh the wait is killing me. I’ve bee complete since November 29th.
wow even longer than me... you're approaching 7 weeks though so hopefully you'll hear soon

Emanda

New

Post by Emanda » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 pm

Based on the last few years, the second wave of admission should come out this week. Fingers crossed.

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:52 am

Hi Everyone,

Super new to the forum. I know it's been a while, but I want to keep it alive.

Applied on 2/15. In on 3/8 with tuition. Nervous about the deposit date as I am waiting for some more decisions.

Here's to hoping someone replies. :mrgreen:

photographer143

New

Post by photographer143 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:34 pm

WritersBlock wrote:Hi Everyone,

Applied on 2/15. In on 3/8 with tuition. Nervous about the deposit date as I am waiting for some more decisions.

Hi WritersBlock

This thread has died recently, no clue why. I got in back in December and am planning on going. Which other schools are you waiting on?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

photographer143

New

Post by photographer143 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:45 pm

WritersBlock wrote:Hi Everyone,

This thread has died recently, no clue why. I got in back in December and am planning on going. Which other schools are you waiting on?

AFLS

New

Post by AFLS » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Anyone else heard back from HULS?

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:49 am

I think I've gotten pretty set on Howard since posting. Waiting on Georgia schools (UGA and GSU), but I feel that Howard gives me a leg up that the others don't.

Planning to attend admitted students day.

AFLS

New

Post by AFLS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:18 pm

WritersBlock wrote:I think I've gotten pretty set on Howard since posting. Waiting on Georgia schools (UGA and GSU), but I feel that Howard gives me a leg up that the others don't.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your application/decision timeline like (complete, ur, admitted)? And, again, if you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? I have been waiting on a decision and I am getting a bit nervous now. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi I applied this cycle to Howard. I got in. FYI: I went to a top ranked public school and numbers were 154/2.97 with a gpa addendum for hardship that I faced early in school. My application was complete Jan 6 and I was admitted February 1. My numbers where not spectacular but I worked a lot in school, and was involved in a bunch of leadership, which I think helped me on my applications. But you do not need to get a 180 or have a 4.0. Although I suspect you may get good scholarship money if you do have better numbers than me.

I was waitlisted at GW, Washington in St. Louis and Boston College. I was accepted to Temple and American as well. Right now I am leaning Howard but still considering the other waitlist options and Temple. I have done a lot of research and have visited Howard, so I am open to sharing my experience or whatever.

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:45 pm

AFLS wrote:
WritersBlock wrote:I think I've gotten pretty set on Howard since posting. Waiting on Georgia schools (UGA and GSU), but I feel that Howard gives me a leg up that the others don't.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your application/decision timeline like (complete, ur, admitted)? And, again, if you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers? I have been waiting on a decision and I am getting a bit nervous now. Thanks.

Hi, not the OP but...

My application was complete Jan 6 and was admitted February 6. Numbers were 154/2.97 with a gpa addendum. I've done a lot of research and have visited Howard and done the info session, so I am happy to share all that I know and my experience.

AFLS

New

Post by AFLS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 pm

brownbear27 wrote:Hi I applied this cycle to Howard. I got in. FYI: I went to a top ranked public school and numbers were 154/2.97 with a gpa addendum for hardship that I faced early in school. My application was complete Jan 6 and I was admitted February 1. My numbers where not spectacular but I worked a lot in school, and was involved in a bunch of leadership, which I think helped me on my applications. But you do not need to get a 180 or have a 4.0. Although I suspect you may get good scholarship money if you do have better numbers than me.

I was waitlisted at GW, Washington in St. Louis and Boston College. I was accepted to Temple and American as well. Right now I am leaning Howard but still considering the other waitlist options and Temple. I have done a lot of research and have visited Howard, so I am open to sharing my experience or whatever.
Thanks for the information. Did you receive any scholarship at Howard?

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 pm

AFLS wrote:
brownbear27 wrote:Hi I applied this cycle to Howard. I got in. FYI: I went to a top ranked public school and numbers were 154/2.97 with a gpa addendum for hardship that I faced early in school. My application was complete Jan 6 and I was admitted February 1. My numbers where not spectacular but I worked a lot in school, and was involved in a bunch of leadership, which I think helped me on my applications. But you do not need to get a 180 or have a 4.0. Although I suspect you may get good scholarship money if you do have better numbers than me.

I didn't. Which surprised me a bit only because there are a couple people on Law School Numbers with similar numbers as me who did get some money. The director of admissions told me that sometimes they will offer more scholarship money after the deposit deadline if those who were offered money go elsewhere.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AFLS

New

Post by AFLS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 pm

brownbear27 wrote:
AFLS wrote:

I didn't. Which surprised me a bit only because there are a couple people on Law School Numbers with similar numbers as me who did get some money. The director of admissions told me that sometimes they will offer more scholarship money after the deposit deadline if those who were offered money go elsewhere.
That makes sense. Well, hopefully you are able to get some scholarship if you end up going there.
Hopefully I hear back from Howard soon.

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:19 pm

AFLS wrote:

Not a problem at all! I went complete and under review on 2/16 and was admitted on 3/7. I was 156/3.66.

Hope it works out!

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Application went complete 3/09 and decision today 3/29. Accepted with a $17,500 per year renewable scholarship. GPA 3.09 LSAT 154. I was waitlisted at Maryland yesterday but Howard is my next choice.

Hopefullawstudent546

New

Post by Hopefullawstudent546 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:25 pm

Just got my acceptance email today! Does the email usually include scholarships information?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

queenp

New

Post by queenp » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Hopefullawstudent546 wrote:Just got my acceptance email today! Does the email usually include scholarships information?

Yes, my email included the merit scholarship amount.

Ezenwamadu

New

Post by Ezenwamadu » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Hey y'all, I've been admitted on February 1st after applying in December. I'm officially going and my main concern is housing, I'm trying to find a male roommate and I'm not sure how to go about or where to live in DC. Also, what are the requirements for signing a lease for an apartment in DC?

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:09 am

Is anyone here going to admitted student's day? I'm going to be in town from Thursday until Sunday and will be paying my deposit. Officially planning to attend.

WritersBlock

New

Post by WritersBlock » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:11 am

Ezenwamadu wrote:Hey y'all, I've been admitted on February 1st after applying in December. I'm officially going and my main concern is housing, I'm trying to find a male roommate and I'm not sure how to go about or where to live in DC. Also, what are the requirements for signing a lease for an apartment in DC?
Not super knowledgeable about the DC housing market, but I know that there will be a Facebook page for students that submit their deposit soon. That's one way to start looking for a roommate. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

photographer143

New

Post by photographer143 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:58 pm

WritersBlock wrote:Is anyone here going to admitted student's day? I'm going to be in town from Thursday until Sunday and will be paying my deposit. Officially planning to attend.
I'm going to students day as well. Driving down Friday morning. Going to pay my deposit then as well.

photographer143

New

Post by photographer143 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Ezenwamadu wrote:Hey y'all, I've been admitted on February 1st after applying in December. I'm officially going and my main concern is housing, I'm trying to find a male roommate and I'm not sure how to go about or where to live in DC. Also, what are the requirements for signing a lease for an apartment in DC?
Yes the facebook group will be open soon and we can see about where and roommates. I spoke to some of the current students and these are two places that they looked for apartments.

http://www.vietowers.com/

https://www.avaloncommunities.com/distr ... a-van-ness#

First one is about 25 minutes from the school

Second one is literally on the same block as the school.

June1234

New

Post by June1234 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:55 am

Hey! Has anyone heard anything from the fin aid office about applying for loans?

Also, how was admitted students day? I couldn’t attend.

brownbear27

New

Post by brownbear27 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Did you already submit your FAFSA? If not, then do that asap. If so, then (assuming your credit is fine) you are eligible. The next thing you need to do if you need more than the $20,500 that is automatically granted through federal loans, then you need to apply to the Grad Plus loan (which will cover whatever you need on top of that $20,500 up to the COA to go to Howard). Idk if Howard will email students about this (they should, but their admin is slow to do everything so I'm skeptical). Either way, you can do this on your own without their prompting. Just google "apply for grad plus loan" and the government site will have you link your FAFSA account to your grad plus application, and you can tell it that Howard is where you want your funds to go. Hope that helps!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”