Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AKQ2017
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby AKQ2017 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:08 pm

OSU law class of 2021 Applicants

2020 class profile
LSAT
25th - 157
median - 160
75th - 162
GPA
25th - 3.50
median - 3.69
75th - 3.84

LST link
https://www.lstreports.com/schools/osu/

2020 Board
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=270902&hilit=Ohio+state

Good Luck To Everyone

User avatar
Catzzzzz14
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby Catzzzzz14 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Checking in! Excited to hear back!! In review since 10/9

DCKMK13
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby DCKMK13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:33 am

Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

seanbodonovan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby seanbodonovan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 pm

DCKMK13 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

I was also accepted on 10/27. I also have not heard anything. The acceptance email said that whether I am receiving a scholarship or not I would hear back within three weeks. Math isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure three weeks was this past Friday.

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

I was also accepted on 10/27. I also have not heard anything. The acceptance email said that whether I am receiving a scholarship or not I would hear back within three weeks. Math isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure three weeks was this past Friday.


+1, I'm pretty sure your math is correct. Has anybody tried to reach out to them?

User avatar
Catzzzzz14
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby Catzzzzz14 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Accepted 11/20!!

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:29 pm

LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

I was also accepted on 10/27. I also have not heard anything. The acceptance email said that whether I am receiving a scholarship or not I would hear back within three weeks. Math isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure three weeks was this past Friday.


+1, I'm pretty sure your math is correct. Has anybody tried to reach out to them?


Update: I went ahead and called, they said they'll shoot me an email with a timeline update, so I'll let ya'll know what they say!

User avatar
Catzzzzz14
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby Catzzzzz14 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Has anyone received ANYTHING in the mail from them yet? Or just the email of acceptance?

DCKMK13
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby DCKMK13 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm

LSNlife wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

I was also accepted on 10/27. I also have not heard anything. The acceptance email said that whether I am receiving a scholarship or not I would hear back within three weeks. Math isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure three weeks was this past Friday.


+1, I'm pretty sure your math is correct. Has anybody tried to reach out to them?


Update: I went ahead and called, they said they'll shoot me an email with a timeline update, so I'll let ya'll know what they say!


Awesome, definitely let us know!

seanbodonovan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby seanbodonovan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Catzzzzz14 wrote:Has anyone received ANYTHING in the mail from them yet? Or just the email of acceptance?


I received a letter of acceptance in the mail with the exact same wording as the e-mail, but it did not include as much information. By that I mean it didn't say anything about scholarships, as opposed to the false information included in the e-mail.

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:28 am

DCKMK13 wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on scholarship information? Accepted 10/27 and still no word.

I was also accepted on 10/27. I also have not heard anything. The acceptance email said that whether I am receiving a scholarship or not I would hear back within three weeks. Math isn't my strong suit, but I'm pretty sure three weeks was this past Friday.


+1, I'm pretty sure your math is correct. Has anybody tried to reach out to them?


Update: I went ahead and called, they said they'll shoot me an email with a timeline update, so I'll let ya'll know what they say!


Awesome, definitely let us know!


I didn't forget about you but they never got back to me. Can't say I'm too surprised at this point but hopefully we'll hear something soon.

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Just got my scholarship email! Hopefully that means y'all will too!

DCKMK13
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby DCKMK13 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:20 pm

LSNlife wrote:Just got my scholarship email! Hopefully that means y'all will too!


Yep, just got an email as well!

seanbodonovan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby seanbodonovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 pm

I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:27 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).


I'd have to agree...Oh well, at least we've got the information on hand finally!

seanbodonovan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby seanbodonovan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm

LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).


I'd have to agree...Oh well, at least we've got the information on hand finally!


True!

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:28 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).


I'd have to agree...Oh well, at least we've got the information on hand finally!


True!


I looked at the ABA 509 report for them and their 25/50/75 for merit aid is pretty low considering the tuition (both in and out of state) so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

seanbodonovan
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby seanbodonovan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:53 pm

LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).


I'd have to agree...Oh well, at least we've got the information on hand finally!


True!


I looked at the ABA 509 report for them and their 25/50/75 for merit aid is pretty low considering the tuition (both in and out of state) so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.


Yeah, I saw similar numbers on LSN, so I didn’t have high hopes. I did not know that those ABA reports existed. Excuse me while I go pull them for every school I applied to.

LSNlife
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby LSNlife » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:55 pm

seanbodonovan wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:
LSNlife wrote:
seanbodonovan wrote:I got mine too. Very underwhelming compared to similarly ranked schools that I've heard back from (Alabama and Georgia).


I'd have to agree...Oh well, at least we've got the information on hand finally!


True!


I looked at the ABA 509 report for them and their 25/50/75 for merit aid is pretty low considering the tuition (both in and out of state) so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.


Yeah, I saw similar numbers on LSN, so I didn’t have high hopes. I did not know that those ABA reports existed. Excuse me while I go pull them for every school I applied to.


Lol welcome to your new obsession. Those ABA reports are awesome!

sifn32
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:03 am

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby sifn32 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 pm

I'm a 2l at OSU. Feel free to ask me any questions about my time here! Also, OP, where did you did get the entering LSAT/GPA scores for the class of 2020?

AKQ2017
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby AKQ2017 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 pm

sifn32 wrote:I'm a 2l at OSU. Feel free to ask me any questions about my time here! Also, OP, where did you did get the entering LSAT/GPA scores for the class of 2020?

The numbers came from a folder they sent with information about the school. It says the class size is 215 which is a pretty big bump up from previous years.

sifn32
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:03 am

Re: Ohio State Law Class of 2021 Applicants

Postby sifn32 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 pm

thanks for the info! Yeah, I heard the entering class was quite large but didn't know it was over 200+ people. Best of luck with your applications cycle!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CuplatBeijing and 14 guests