Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mmart207
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby mmart207 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 pm

In! No email or anything but I randomly checked the status checker and it says it there!! Any info on when scholarship info will come?

User avatar
cjm720
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby cjm720 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 pm

mmart207 wrote:In! No email or anything but I randomly checked the status checker and it says it there!! Any info on when scholarship info will come?

Congrats! I got my scholarship info in my acceptance email, which came the same day as the acceptance being shown on status checker. Acceptance packet arrived in the mail about a week later.

mmart207
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby mmart207 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:10 pm

cjm720 wrote:
mmart207 wrote:In! No email or anything but I randomly checked the status checker and it says it there!! Any info on when scholarship info will come?

Congrats! I got my scholarship info in my acceptance email, which came the same day as the acceptance being shown on status checker. Acceptance packet arrived in the mail about a week later.

Thank you! It's weird because I still haven't received an acceptance email. Maybe tomorrow? Do they even contact you on weekends? lol

mmart207
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby mmart207 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Finally got the email today! Full tuition scholarship!

KPUSN07
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby KPUSN07 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Congrats I’m also in - trying figure more out about the school and expected outcomes

mmart207
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby mmart207 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:32 pm

94% employment for 2016 graduates. Not too shabby.

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby bmathers » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:11 pm

Think long and very hard before going to this school. I went there on a full ship + living stipend... ended up taking a leave and going back to my 7-year career as an educator. A month after securing full time employment, Dickinson called the school/my employer and tried to get me fired. Luckily, I'm busting my butt, doing a great job (secured a grant today for curricular materials at an urban district, and am creating an entire curriculum for a course!), and the school enjoys having me.

I know that this is very anecdotal, BUT do you REALLY want to be part of a school that is that controlling and overstepping boundaries - especially if you have other options? Think about it

User avatar
DKM
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby DKM » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:48 am

It seems like the school has given out a bunch of full rides. What are some of your guy's numbers?

Anonymous Questioner
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby Anonymous Questioner » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:21 pm

bmathers wrote:Think long and very hard before going to this school. I went there on a full ship + living stipend... ended up taking a leave and going back to my 7-year career as an educator. A month after securing full time employment, Dickinson called the school/my employer and tried to get me fired. Luckily, I'm busting my butt, doing a great job (secured a grant today for curricular materials at an urban district, and am creating an entire curriculum for a course!), and the school enjoys having me.

I know that this is very anecdotal, BUT do you REALLY want to be part of a school that is that controlling and overstepping boundaries - especially if you have other options? Think about it


This can't seriously be the full story...right?

BigTex1980
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby BigTex1980 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:37 pm

Anonymous Questioner wrote:
This can't seriously be the full story...right?


My reaction is the same.

It's difficult to dismiss a free ride at an up and coming school with outcomes like those of Dickinson.

Has anyone else received their bag of coffee beans?

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby bmathers » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Correction - After speaking with a dean, she confirmed the school did not contact my employer. However, a fellow student did, attempting to make me lose my job.

THAT is even worse -- do you really want to be a part of a culture that goes out of their way to attempt to hinder someone else's life?

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 886
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby bmathers » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 pm

BigTex1980 wrote:It's difficult to dismiss a free ride at an up and coming school with outcomes like those of Dickinson.

??? You do know that it is the 5th oldest law school in the nation, right?? Please don't tell me that you are taking rankings in the 60s that seriously.... fwiw, they used to be around #51 not too long ago

BigTex1980
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby BigTex1980 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:58 am

bmathers wrote:??? You do know that it is the 5th oldest law school in the nation, right?? Please don't tell me that you are taking rankings in the 60s that seriously.... fwiw, they used to be around #51 not too long ago


Who cares how old they are? ATL has them ranked 28th, up from unranked the year prior. Broaden yourself beyond US News to rankings focused on what really matters - outcomes.

Anonymous Questioner
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Re: Penn State - Dickinson c/o 2021

Postby Anonymous Questioner » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 pm

bmathers wrote:Correction - After speaking with a dean, she confirmed the school did not contact my employer. However, a fellow student did, attempting to make me lose my job.

THAT is even worse -- do you really want to be a part of a culture that goes out of their way to attempt to hinder someone else's life?


Okay, but that's a *huge* difference. A beef between two students is nowhere near tantamount to the law school sabotaging its students employment outcomes. Such an event would be a national scandal.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests