Military Veteran Applicants c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PostNihilist

Military Veteran Applicants c/o 2021

Postby PostNihilist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:16 am

Since it's Veteran's Day and I have to work (and I'm driving myself crazy waiting for decisions...), figured there should be a place for military veterans to share their experiences with this cycle.

Feel free to post a little about yourself, ask any veteran-specific questions, and share decisions.

Army officer, currently active duty, OCONUS, 6+ years, PM for stats. Blanketing T13 plus a few east-coast top 30.

Please add to the military admissions spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Veteran's Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170257
Last edited by PostNihilist on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoastieLaw21

Re: Military Veteran Applicants c/o 2021

Postby CoastieLaw21 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 am

Checking In.

Coast Guard Officer, service academy grad with 4+ years active duty experience, OCONUS, URM - Hispanic/PR, 100% post-9/11 G.I. Bill. Last day in the service is in June.

Applied early to a combination of T-14 and T-50. Also applying to Tulane for their Admiralty/Maritime Law program. Husband is also active duty, so trying to get into a school where he can also be stationed so we can also cut living costs.

Anxiously awaiting decisions. My undergrad wait wasn’t nearly this stressful. Good luck to everyone!

MichiganHoosier

Postby MichiganHoosier » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:18 am

I think this could be a nice complement to the "Veterans Thread". This could especially be useful for veterans if in this thread veterans post stats/experiences along with acceptances/denials. Would definitely be nice to try and accumulate a little more quantifiable data in regards to addressing this unknown "military bump". I'll be sure to contribute data next year!

NavyNuke

Postby NavyNuke » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am

Hey everyone, checking in! 9 yr enlisted submarine nuclear power operator transitioning from Navy early next year. Stats in profile. I applied very early and very broadly. Blanketed T14, plus a handful of safeties. So far I'm in at Michigan, Duke, Cornell, UCLA, Vanderbilt, W&L, UGA, and W&M.

Best of luck to everyone! For anyone that hasn't started the process yet for this cycle, or is applying next cycle, I strongly recommend reaching out to Service to School. They have been super helpful.

Llewellyon

Postby Llewellyon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Checking in! Former US Navy Lieutenant; 5 years experience at Naval Reactors in Washington, DC; 3.92 cumulative GPA; 337 combined GRE score (only applying to Georgetown/Harvard). Good luck everyone!

PostNihilist

Postby PostNihilist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Glad to see some of the TLS mil community come together here! Good luck all!

MichiganHoosier wrote:I think this could be a nice complement to the "Veterans Thread". This could especially be useful for veterans if in this thread veterans post stats/experiences along with acceptances/denials. Would definitely be nice to try and accumulate a little more quantifiable data in regards to addressing this unknown "military bump". I'll be sure to contribute data next year!

Totally agree, added an admissions spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Goal is to eventually add other tabs with analytics on how mil applicants compare to the medians at T13 schools. Collecting data like this could become moot if the GRE takes over, but I still think it's a worthwhile venture to start.

NavyNuke wrote:I strongly recommend reaching out to Service to School. They have been super helpful.

+180

MichiganHoosier

Postby MichiganHoosier » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:52 pm

PostNihilist wrote: Totally agree, added an admissions spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Goal is to eventually add other tabs with analytics on how mil applicants compare to the medians at T13 schools.

You're a wonderful human being. Thanks for what you're doing!

ddevich

Postby ddevich » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Checking in. 6 years enlisted as an Army combat photographer, ETS next summer.

3.48/165 (I wish I could take back freshman year before the military...)

Applying to many, many reaches hoping for a bite, but I'll be perfectly fine going to Fordham, which from everything I've seen is essentially a lock. ED to NYU for the moonshot.

navylawhopeful

Postby navylawhopeful » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Active duty Navy Officer here. I applied last cycle and (after a one-year deferral) will be heading to Yale next fall. Feel free to PM me if I can help in any way! Your military experience will help you throughout the application process!

jthel08

Postby jthel08 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Checking in! Happy early Veterans day to all! Active duty Army veterans here! Artillery and Infantry, sent in about 17 apps and waiting to hear back now. Good luck to all this cycle!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”