Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thebirdlawexpert

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby thebirdlawexpert » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Held for further action :| Pretty surprised since I'm at their medians

paralegaltolawyer3

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby paralegaltolawyer3 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:17 pm

In via email and status checker!

User avatar
audrinainlaw

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby audrinainlaw » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:34 pm

sabraph wrote:In! with a nice scholarship! I need to get my butt over to Lexington to check it out!

+1 Thinking about doing a VA/DC campus visit trip once I hear back from more schools. Congrats!!

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:18 am

Application sent! Time to wait.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kbf1995

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby kbf1995 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:31 am

Accepted with a great scholarship on 11/10! Not sure how I feel about Lexington, but the money makes it worth a visit.

User avatar
TedBuckland

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby TedBuckland » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:35 pm

Just went UR this morning. Does about 2 weeks sound right for their response time? Also, would highly recommend visiting the campus if you have a chance. I didn't expect much, but I really liked the area and the school. But I'm also comfortable living in a small town away from pretty much everything, which would be a necessity.

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm

TedBuckland wrote:Just went UR this morning. Does about 2 weeks sound right for their response time? Also, would highly recommend visiting the campus if you have a chance. I didn't expect much, but I really liked the area and the school. But I'm also comfortable living in a small town away from pretty much everything, which would be a necessity.


I went under review today as well. It looks like they do late week admission waves, based on LSN. Which one we'll be in remains to be seen, but they don't look to be waiting for the heck of it.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barcafan202

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby barcafan202 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 pm

.
Last edited by barcafan202 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PWADatUNC

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby PWADatUNC » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Under review today as well. I'm from VA so I know Lexington pretty well. Can confirm there is near nothing to do, but there is a great drive in theater there that we always went to growing up!

apollo12

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby apollo12 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Accepted with a solid scholly on 11/02. It's no secret that Lexington is in the middle of nowhere, but does anyone have an idea about where students go for internships and summer associate positions? It seems like they would be competing with UVA in Charlottesville, and D.C. seems like quite the commute.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby littlewing67 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Submitted!

tominusprime

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby tominusprime » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Submitted on the 19th and got a completed notification on the 20th. Now I'm just sitting here waiting for it to go under review, but I do hope I get in with a decent scholarship. W&L seems like an amazing place to go to school, though my perspective might be a bit skewed because they've been bombarding me with reasons to apply...lol...Congrats to everyone who already got their offers! :D

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby Jack_Kelly » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Is W&L hurting financially at the moment? They seem considerably less generous than usual this year- I see literally no full rides.

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:Is W&L hurting financially at the moment? They seem considerably less generous than usual this year- I see literally no full rides.


Good catch. I see a whole bunch of 120K offers, but you're right that we should expect to see some 135Kish stuff for full rides.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MountainWest

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby MountainWest » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Agree LSN show similar stats to mine should have gotten 120k last year got 45k this year. Also, nothing between 90k and 45k. That is a large spread.

RobinLeHood13

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby RobinLeHood13 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Anyone know how long it takes for their package to get there? I got in two weeks ago and it said the official letter was mailed On my status checker but nothing has come in

cadents

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby cadents » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Just marked as in review! How quick is their turnaround looking to be this cycle?

User avatar
Jack_Kelly

Silver
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby Jack_Kelly » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:42 pm

RobinLeHood13 wrote:Anyone know how long it takes for their package to get there? I got in two weeks ago and it said the official letter was mailed On my status checker but nothing has come in

it took me like 3 days, might email at 2 weeks.

User avatar
TedBuckland

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby TedBuckland » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

cadents wrote:Just marked as in review! How quick is their turnaround looking to be this cycle?


They've been pretty quick about getting back this cycle I feel like. I've been in review for 13 days now, and I think the holiday is slowing it down a bit. I would be surprised if I don't hear back by the end of this week.

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
cadents wrote:Just marked as in review! How quick is their turnaround looking to be this cycle?


They've been pretty quick about getting back this cycle I feel like. I've been in review for 13 days now, and I think the holiday is slowing it down a bit. I would be surprised if I don't hear back by the end of this week.


I think I went under review the same day as you, and am hoping we'll be in this week's wave. From LSN, it looks like they're working through applications in basically the order they received them. The first wave covered applicants as late as 10/17, though some on the tail end were in the second wave. The second wave went as late as 10/26, and again, there was a little overlap at the end. The third wave went as late as 11/03. Based on the progression, I'd think we'd have missed out if they did one last week, but they might do a bigger chunk since they've had a longer time to review applications. We can hope, at least.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby littlewing67 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 pm

.
Last edited by littlewing67 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tominusprime

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 am

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby tominusprime » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:56 pm

wmbuff wrote:
TedBuckland wrote:
cadents wrote:Just marked as in review! How quick is their turnaround looking to be this cycle?


They've been pretty quick about getting back this cycle I feel like. I've been in review for 13 days now, and I think the holiday is slowing it down a bit. I would be surprised if I don't hear back by the end of this week.


I think I went under review the same day as you, and am hoping we'll be in this week's wave. From LSN, it looks like they're working through applications in basically the order they received them. The first wave covered applicants as late as 10/17, though some on the tail end were in the second wave. The second wave went as late as 10/26, and again, there was a little overlap at the end. The third wave went as late as 11/03. Based on the progression, I'd think we'd have missed out if they did one last week, but they might do a bigger chunk since they've had a longer time to review applications. We can hope, at least.


You're right, it looks like they skip a week or two during the Thanksgiving break, which is understandable.

But if that's the case, it looks like I still won't get any response till long after you folks. Submitted on 11/18, complete on 11/20, but just went under review this morning. :(

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:43 am

tominusprime wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
TedBuckland wrote:
cadents wrote:Just marked as in review! How quick is their turnaround looking to be this cycle?


They've been pretty quick about getting back this cycle I feel like. I've been in review for 13 days now, and I think the holiday is slowing it down a bit. I would be surprised if I don't hear back by the end of this week.


I think I went under review the same day as you, and am hoping we'll be in this week's wave. From LSN, it looks like they're working through applications in basically the order they received them. The first wave covered applicants as late as 10/17, though some on the tail end were in the second wave. The second wave went as late as 10/26, and again, there was a little overlap at the end. The third wave went as late as 11/03. Based on the progression, I'd think we'd have missed out if they did one last week, but they might do a bigger chunk since they've had a longer time to review applications. We can hope, at least.


You're right, it looks like they skip a week or two during the Thanksgiving break, which is understandable.

But if that's the case, it looks like I still won't get any response till long after you folks. Submitted on 11/18, complete on 11/20, but just went under review this morning. :(


I searched last year's waves, and it looks like the 12/1 wave went through 11/16 applicants. I suspect you'll be in next week's.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eli1

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby Eli1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Chances of some decisions being sent out today?

User avatar
wmbuff

Bronze
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: Washington and Lee c/o 2021

Postby wmbuff » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Eli1 wrote:Chances of some decisions being sent out today?


I'd say pretty high, based on previous years' patterns.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests