Fordham Law c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:Is anyone else's status checker showing that it's still incomplete because of the pending lsat score? According to LSAC, they should have received it by now. I'm assuming that it won't be updated til after everyone gets back from break.

mine doesn't say it's waiting for an LSAT score. but then again I applied the day scores came out, when did you?

I had 2 other schools waiting for my dec LSAT score and they both updated today actually. maybe F will update them later on today?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Legallylawyer2020 wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Legallylawyer2020 wrote:Current 1L at Fordham willing to answer any and all questions you guys may have! Ask here or PM!

who would you say are fordham's peer schools when it comes to trying to negotiate?


I know classmates were successful using George Washington, Notre Dame and Boston College. I used Georgetown and was successful.

oh ok thanks!!

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby AvatarMeelo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Mikey wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:Is anyone else's status checker showing that it's still incomplete because of the pending lsat score? According to LSAC, they should have received it by now. I'm assuming that it won't be updated til after everyone gets back from break.

mine doesn't say it's waiting for an LSAT score. but then again I applied the day scores came out, when did you?

I had 2 other schools waiting for my dec LSAT score and they both updated today actually. maybe F will update them later on today?


I applied back in November but it was placed on an automatic hold b/c of the December test. Oh wellz. Just accept me already pls.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:06 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:Is anyone else's status checker showing that it's still incomplete because of the pending lsat score? According to LSAC, they should have received it by now. I'm assuming that it won't be updated til after everyone gets back from break.

mine doesn't say it's waiting for an LSAT score. but then again I applied the day scores came out, when did you?

I had 2 other schools waiting for my dec LSAT score and they both updated today actually. maybe F will update them later on today?


I applied back in November but it was placed on an automatic hold b/c of the December test. Oh wellz. Just accept me already pls.

yeah I think I'll get in too, but I'm mostly worried with how stingy they are with $$$.

I know a guy who just graduated from there and he really liked it

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Mikey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:39 pm

anyone know if Fordham tells you about $ with an acceptance or does that come way after?

jibrahim23

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby jibrahim23 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:02 pm

Mikey wrote:anyone know if Fordham tells you about $ with an acceptance or does that come way after?

I actually called them and asked about this and they said that your scholarship info usually does not come with the acceptance package. It comes later on between 2-3 weeks after your acceptance.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Mikey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:08 pm

jibrahim23 wrote:
Mikey wrote:anyone know if Fordham tells you about $ with an acceptance or does that come way after?

I actually called them and asked about this and they said that your scholarship info usually does not come with the acceptance package. It comes later on between 2-3 weeks after your acceptance.

thanks!

carmtastic

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby carmtastic » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Got package, and it says 2 weeks after acceptance but two weeks fell into Christmas for me so I guess I won't be hearing back till Jan (and hopefully not that I just completely have no aid lol)

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby sabraph » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

predictions for next wave?

stlouisiana

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby stlouisiana » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:13 pm

sabraph wrote:predictions for next wave?


Well today makes 9 weeks for me so the 6-8 timeline is out the window. :?

guppies16

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby guppies16 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

For people who were accepted (or anyone who may know), how long after you went UR2 did you receive a decision? I went UR2 on 12/22. Thank you!

FN-2187

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby FN-2187 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:06 pm

guppies16 wrote:For people who were accepted (or anyone who may know), how long after you went UR2 did you receive a decision? I went UR2 on 12/22. Thank you!


FWIW, complete 11/14, UR1 12/18, I never went UR2, decision 12/22. I’m not sure if my dates shed any light on what I’m sure are varying timelines for people.
Last edited by FN-2187 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby dietcoked » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 pm

FN-2187 wrote:
guppies16 wrote:For people who were accepted (or anyone who may know), how long after you went UR2 did you receive a decision? I went UR2 on 12/22. Thank you!


FWIW, complete 11/14, UR1 12/18, I never went UR2, decision 12/22. I’m not sure if my dates shed any light on what I’m sure are varying timelines for people.


Oh wow, that's a pretty good turnaround. Do you mind sharing what your stats were like?

FN-2187

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby FN-2187 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:38 pm

dietcoked wrote:
FN-2187 wrote:
guppies16 wrote:For people who were accepted (or anyone who may know), how long after you went UR2 did you receive a decision? I went UR2 on 12/22. Thank you!


FWIW, complete 11/14, UR1 12/18, I never went UR2, decision 12/22. I’m not sure if my dates shed any light on what I’m sure are varying timelines for people.


Oh wow, that's a pretty good turnaround. Do you mind sharing what your stats were like?


On my profile.
Last edited by FN-2187 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 pm

Just FYI the university is closed tomorrow because of the impending snow storm (yes even Lincoln center/the law school) so not sure admissions will be doing their thing. But, you never know!

jibrahim23

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby jibrahim23 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Anyone get any scholarship info today? I was told by someone in the financial aid office that it was most likely going to go out today but I'm hoping it was delayed because of the weather and not just that I didn't get anything lol.

User avatar
TedBuckland

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby TedBuckland » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am

So Kathryn Espiritu, the director of admissions, put out a tweet yesterday that said the admissions committee was still working and that decisions would be coming out yesterday and another batch today in the early afternoon

guppies16

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby guppies16 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 am

TedBuckland wrote:So Kathryn Espiritu, the director of admissions, put out a tweet yesterday that said the admissions committee was still working and that decisions would be coming out yesterday and another batch today in the early afternoon


Just saw- exciting!! Looks like no one from TLS heard yesterday, but a couple people from Reddit did

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby sabraph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 pm

guppies16 wrote:
TedBuckland wrote:So Kathryn Espiritu, the director of admissions, put out a tweet yesterday that said the admissions committee was still working and that decisions would be coming out yesterday and another batch today in the early afternoon


Just saw- exciting!! Looks like no one from TLS heard yesterday, but a couple people from Reddit did


Holding my breath for good news. Unless my LSAT goes up Fordham is one of my top choices!

User avatar
AvatarMeelo

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby AvatarMeelo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 pm

TedBuckland wrote:So Kathryn Espiritu, the director of admissions, put out a tweet yesterday that said the admissions committee was still working and that decisions would be coming out yesterday and another batch today in the early afternoon


There's a bunch of updates on lawschoolnumbers - looks like it's the people who went complete in late Oct/early Nov that are hearing back.

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby sabraph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:42 pm

My date just changed. :shock:

banecat

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby banecat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:30 pm

sabraph wrote:My date just changed. :shock:


Mine too! :shock: Thinking these changes mean decisions or another UR?
My last date change was 12/22 - I'm not sure if that was technically UR1 or UR2.

guppies16

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby guppies16 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:44 pm

banecat wrote:
sabraph wrote:My date just changed. :shock:


Mine too! :shock: Thinking these changes mean decisions or another UR?
My last date change was 12/22 - I'm not sure if that was technically UR1 or UR2.


My last date change was 12/22 (applied 11/30), so it was my UR1 :( But date hasn't changed today :oops:

User avatar
TedBuckland

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby TedBuckland » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:06 pm

guppies16 wrote:
banecat wrote:
sabraph wrote:My date just changed. :shock:


Mine too! :shock: Thinking these changes mean decisions or another UR?
My last date change was 12/22 - I'm not sure if that was technically UR1 or UR2.


My last date change was 12/22 (applied 11/30), so it was my UR1 :( But date hasn't changed today :oops:


My date hasn't changed today either. Last was 12/14

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby sabraph » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:41 pm

TedBuckland wrote:
guppies16 wrote:
banecat wrote:
sabraph wrote:My date just changed. :shock:


Mine too! :shock: Thinking these changes mean decisions or another UR?
My last date change was 12/22 - I'm not sure if that was technically UR1 or UR2.


My last date change was 12/22 (applied 11/30), so it was my UR1 :( But date hasn't changed today :oops:


My date hasn't changed today either. Last was 12/14


I went complete 11/5 and my UR1 was 12/11. I'm not sure if its another decision or a UR but it would be a bit of a coincidence if we went UR a few hours before a round of decisions were released - right? Idk maybe its wishful thinking but there's no way to know until we either get an email or don't. Fingers crossed for everyone.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests