Fordham Law c/o 2021

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jibrahim23
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby jibrahim23 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Status checker updated today so I'm hoping that means decisions before Thanksgiving!

VDubbs
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby VDubbs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Was this your first status checker date update, or have you had more?

jibrahim23
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby jibrahim23 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

VDubbs wrote:Was this your first status checker date update, or have you had more?

I went complete 10/13 and had no movement till the date updated today.

llabr6132
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby llabr6132 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:40 pm

The date finally changed on my status checker today! I’m guessing that’s their version of UR.

VDubbs
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby VDubbs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm

It is looking likely that we won't hear back until after thanksgiving...

llabr6132
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby llabr6132 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:11 pm

VDubbs wrote:It is looking likely that we won't hear back until after thanksgiving...


Someone just posted on r/lawschooladmissions saying they got in today, so maybe not

monsterc_
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby monsterc_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm

I actually just got in via email about 20 minutes ago but the email did note that this was one of their very first rounds of acceptances (with “very” italicized) so I wouldn’t worry at all if you dont get anything today, hopefully this is the beginning of a wave. I checked the status checker after the email and it was also updated to say I had been admitted but I don’t know if it changed before or after the email. Non-URM, above both 75ths
Last edited by monsterc_ on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
audrinainlaw
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby audrinainlaw » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 pm

monsterc_ wrote:I actually just got in via email about 20 minutes ago but the email did note that this was one of their very first acceptances (with “very” italicized) so I wouldn’t worry at all if you dont get anything today, hopefully this is the beginning of a wave. I checked the status checker after the email and it was also updated to say I had been admitted but I don’t know if it changed before or after the email. Non-URM, above both 75ths


That's amazing congrats! When did your app go complete?

VDubbs
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby VDubbs » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
VDubbs wrote:It is looking likely that we won't hear back until after thanksgiving...


Someone just posted on r/lawschooladmissions saying they got in today, so maybe not



I stand corrected :shock:

monsterc_
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby monsterc_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm

audrinainlaw wrote:
monsterc_ wrote:I actually just got in via email about 20 minutes ago but the email did note that this was one of their very first acceptances (with “very” italicized) so I wouldn’t worry at all if you dont get anything today, hopefully this is the beginning of a wave. I checked the status checker after the email and it was also updated to say I had been admitted but I don’t know if it changed before or after the email. Non-URM, above both 75ths


That's amazing congrats! When did your app go complete?


Applied 10/22, Complete 10/23, first date change 10/27, second change 11/14 (since Fordham doesn’t seem to have an “under review” designation, status has stayed “complete,” dates have just changed)

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Submitted today - I'm poor.

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby andysimbi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Got in via email earlier today!

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Ok question for you folks - I got the received email with the status checker. Status checker on the Fordham site says "Your application is complete" but the email said my application will be held until the December LSAT score is available. So is it not complete?

User avatar
andysimbi
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby andysimbi » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:42 pm

AvatarMeelo wrote:Ok question for you folks - I got the received email with the status checker. Status checker on the Fordham site says "Your application is complete" but the email said my application will be held until the December LSAT score is available. So is it not complete?


Do you already have another LSAT score? My guess would be that, technically, it's complete (because everything required is available) but that they're holding for the December score as well.

If you *don't* have a previous score, then I have no idea, haha.

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:29 pm

andysimbi wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:Ok question for you folks - I got the received email with the status checker. Status checker on the Fordham site says "Your application is complete" but the email said my application will be held until the December LSAT score is available. So is it not complete?


Do you already have another LSAT score? My guess would be that, technically, it's complete (because everything required is available) but that they're holding for the December score as well.

If you *don't* have a previous score, then I have no idea, haha.


I do have another score! But okay, that’s what I guessed. Thank goodness they’re automatically holding apps.

User avatar
dylanca
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby dylanca » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Received an email today stating that they would hold off until February to look at the applicant pool and give me a formal decision. Not sure why I wasn't just waitlisted instead.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Any AA URMs get admitted yet? Can you PM your stats?

Definitely considering applying and wondering what LSAT score would get an AA male admitted with a ~3.9 GPA? Love NYC and would like to remain here if I don't get into NYU/Columbia.

Thanks :)

Good luck to all my fellow TLSers applying!

KPUSN07
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby KPUSN07 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:45 am

Hold status for me too.... will review and render formal decision in February

ddevich
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby ddevich » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:17 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:Any AA URMs get admitted yet? Can you PM your stats?

Definitely considering applying and wondering what LSAT score would get an AA male admitted with a ~3.9 GPA? Love NYC and would like to remain here if I don't get into NYU/Columbia.

Thanks :)

Good luck to all my fellow TLSers applying!


From what I can gather on mylsn, it appears that a 158 or above gives you a solid shot of getting in. That's a killer GPA, so I imagine you go even go a bit lower.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama
Posts: 2717
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:10 am

ddevich wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:Any AA URMs get admitted yet? Can you PM your stats?

Definitely considering applying and wondering what LSAT score would get an AA male admitted with a ~3.9 GPA? Love NYC and would like to remain here if I don't get into NYU/Columbia.

Thanks :)

Good luck to all my fellow TLSers applying!


From what I can gather on mylsn, it appears that a 158 or above gives you a solid shot of getting in. That's a killer GPA, so I imagine you go even go a bit lower.


Thank you!

llabr6132
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby llabr6132 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 am

dylanca wrote:Received an email today stating that they would hold off until February to look at the applicant pool and give me a formal decision. Not sure why I wasn't just waitlisted instead.


Mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
dylanca
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby dylanca » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 am

llabr6132 wrote:
dylanca wrote:Received an email today stating that they would hold off until February to look at the applicant pool and give me a formal decision. Not sure why I wasn't just waitlisted instead.


Mind sharing your stats?

164/3.0. I have a valid reason for the low GPA, which I wrote an addendum for (Ugrad GPA is 3.7). I expected to be waitlisted, but didn't think it'd take as long as February.

carmtastic
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby carmtastic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:16 pm

Date changed today, possible second wave of acceptances coming?

llabr6132
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby llabr6132 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 pm

carmtastic wrote:Date changed today, possible second wave of acceptances coming?

I hope so! My date changed on 11/21 so hopefully we'll hear something this week!

cadents
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2021

Postby cadents » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 pm

llabr6132 wrote:
carmtastic wrote:Date changed today, possible second wave of acceptances coming?

I hope so! My date changed on 11/21 so hopefully we'll hear something this week!


When did y'all initially go complete? My date's still at 11/3 :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”