UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Jay369,

Furthermore, if I were to assume you were a minority, your statement, "You seem to only care about "injustice" when it is directed towards you," would in-explicitly apply to you, if I were to assume that you cared about injustices whatsoever. Clearly the affirmative action policy is a form of injustice, and yet it's benefiting you, therefore you seem to be in favor of it.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:41 pm

kw25,

If you have any doubt that you've made racist remarks, please refer to your statement, "...Only speaks to the fact that you too are entitled and likely a white boy sad he didn’t get in to his fav school."

If I were to replace the word "white" with the word "black" in your statement, I'm sure there would some outrage.

jman9999

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby jman9999 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:44 pm

mhmyeah wrote:Noaction,

Affirmative action is an inherently racist piece of legislation -- you are not alone.

kw25,

The fact that you are going around raving over "white male privilege" in forums disgusts me. The only privilege being had is by the minority in this instance. Can you imagine if the policy was vice versa? i.e. due to the color of my skin, being red, yellow, white, etc. I was accepted at a higher rate, w/ less qualifications, than my counterparts? Does this seem right? The answer is no. I understand you're trying to defend your privilege as a minority, but if you're going to be a lawyer, you're failure to distinguish BOTH SIDES of the arguments concerns me. Probably has to do with the fact for why you were waitlisted.


There are so many things wrong with this.

1. You mention repeatedly that "affirmative action is inherently racist" which makes no sense because white women are the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action

2. Minorities being accepted into law school with lower stats than their white peers is def not an elephant in the room, we all know about this. It gets brought up a lot.

3. If you think this is about skin color, you are delusional.

4. Just because URM stats are lower does not equate to URM being less qualified, as the application says they do a holistic view on applicants.

5. I am an URM who will be attending UF this fall, whereas I'm really not sure I would want to be classmates with either of you two, I will GLADLY have this conversation with you in person.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:45 pm

jman9999,

I concede, the Affirmative Action policy is a racist and SEXIST form of legislation. If the best attorneys, doctors, etc. are white, black, asian, etc. then let them compete fairly against the rest of the population. I am certain that a diverse group of individuals would be chosen without the need for anyone to distinguish their race to admission counsels.

It is entirely about skin color, if it wasn't then there would be no need for an individual to declare himself white, black, etc. to ANYONE. The fact is that a exponentially higher proportion of minorities are admitted with sub-par stats. as compared to their counterparts.

I do not care what the application states, they are admission counsels for LAW schools. Nazi Germany did the same things, they said that the extermination of Jews "was good for them," just because someone authority said it, does it make it true? No. There are quotas to fill and that is the end of it.

And I am glad you are apart of the 2021 class, as I see there will be no trouble for students passionate about law to succeed into the upper echelon.

kw25

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby kw25 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:04 pm

mhmyeah wrote:kw25,

First of all you should never assume anything. Secondly, it is apparent you are a racist, should it matter what my ethnicity is? (BTW: I was accepted)

Thirdly, I am not attacking you, I am attacking your fallacious argument. I have met many individuals that grew up in a not-so-ideal upbringing -- achieving high GPA's and test scores, which brought them out of that environment. It should not be used as an excuse for why one was unable to reach a high GPA, etc.

You are a perfect example of why AFFIRMATIVE ACTION is an inherently racist form of legislation. You said it yourself, "I grew up in a middle class family and have no debt or adversity that has made it harder to reach my goals, and I recognize/own that." Thus, in cases like yours, there is little to no difference between you, or someone who is white, per say, with respect to diversity, YET you are the one who has the advantage of being admitted. That is inherently racist.

And you concluded perfectly, affirmative action is an inherently racist policy. As you quote, "This is literally the one time in your entire life you will be at a disadvantage for the color of your skin, as opposed to those who face much more adversity every day of their lives."
Fighting racism with racism does not defeat racism, it perpetuates it, and know that people do not turn a blind eye to this kind of oppression and it will manifest itself in many other aspects of life, which is why it needs to be eliminated, as President Trump is trying to do.

I wish the best of luck to you in your career in law, it seems you will be needing it as well.


I feel sorry for whatever 1L class ends up having to deal with you as the gunner LMAO

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm

kw25,

Thank you.

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:50 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:I'm still on HOLD


Jesus. It's been months hasn't it? Really hope you hear something soon.

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7649
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby lavarman84 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:13 pm

mhmyeah wrote:kw25,

First of all you should never assume anything. Secondly, it is apparent you are a racist, should it matter what my ethnicity is? (BTW: I was accepted)

Thirdly, I am not attacking you, I am attacking your fallacious argument. I have met many individuals that grew up in a not-so-ideal upbringing -- achieving high GPA's and test scores, which brought them out of that environment. It should not be used as an excuse for why one was unable to reach a high GPA, etc.

You are a perfect example of why AFFIRMATIVE ACTION is an inherently racist form of legislation. You said it yourself, "I grew up in a middle class family and have no debt or adversity that has made it harder to reach my goals, and I recognize/own that." Thus, in cases like yours, there is little to no difference between you, or someone who is white, per say, with respect to diversity, YET you are the one who has the advantage of being admitted. That is inherently racist.

And you concluded perfectly, affirmative action is an inherently racist policy. As you quote, "This is literally the one time in your entire life you will be at a disadvantage for the color of your skin, as opposed to those who face much more adversity every day of their lives."
Fighting racism with racism does not defeat racism, it perpetuates it, and know that people do not turn a blind eye to this kind of oppression and it will manifest itself in many other aspects of life, which is why it needs to be eliminated, as President Trump is trying to do.

I wish the best of luck to you in your career in law, it seems you will be needing it as well.


I really hope you're not going to UF. I feel quite bad for the law students stuck with you. You are truly the worst.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 pm

lavarman84,

Why so? If you're so offended by having your beliefs challenged you should not be going to law school.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:30 pm

lavarman83,

Oh wait, in reference to previous posts you've made, I see you're not found of President Trump. I now see you're resentment toward me as I spilled the "T" word.

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7649
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby lavarman84 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 pm

mhmyeah wrote:lavarman84,

Why so? If you're so offended by having your beliefs challenged you should not be going to law school.


I'm not going to law school. I already graduated from law school. I actually enjoy having my beliefs challenged. I discuss issues with friends on BOTH SIDES of the aisle. However, I'm not going to waste my time discussing an issue with a person making dumb, emotional arguments. Your arguments lack any semblance of nuance and sophistication.

I don't wish you the best of luck in your career in law. I hope you end up doing something else with your life. You're the last person who should be lecturing anyone on the failure to see and understand BOTH SIDES of the argument.

mhmyeah wrote:lavarman83,

Oh wait, in reference to previous posts you've made, I see you're not found of President Trump. I now see you're resentment toward me as I spilled the "T" word.


You're correct that I'm not fond of that piece of crap. I don't resent you. I pity you. Like most of Trump's supporters, you rely on empty rhetoric and emotion instead of intelligent, well-constructed arguments. You don't argue from data. You don't focus on the facts. You spew your craptastic opinions as if they are facts. Next, you'll start telling us how unfair and hard it is to be a white male today with all the discrimination you face. :lol:

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:27 pm

lavarman84,

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Please, present some sort of argument in favor of Affirmative Action that has already not been addressed. I see that you have not.
I mean, with 7K posts, is it fair to assume that you're without a job?

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 pm

lavarman84,

You reply is typical of a "liberal" response. I believe you are TRIGGERED.

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7649
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby lavarman84 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 pm

mhmyeah wrote:lavarman84,

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Please, present some sort of argument in favor of Affirmative Action that has already not been addressed. I see that you have not.


You haven't offered a compelling argument against affirmative action. Offer a decent argument against it backed by data showing AA produces bad outcomes, and I'll address it.

I mean, with 7K posts, is it fair to assume that you're without a job?


You are entitled to whatever assumptions you want to make, but last I checked I am still clerking for an Art. III judge with the option to return to the biglaw firm I SA'd with afterwards. So yea, I'm totally screwed. :lol:

KylawRen

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:24 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KylawRen » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:00 am

Mmyeah is half bad troll/half idiot. I guess these people are everywhere but good god is this person actually going to be at uf this year?

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:35 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:I'm still on HOLD


Jesus. It's been months hasn't it? Really hope you hear something soon.


Yea pretty crazy - still on HOLD @ UF - UF and Richmond are still the two schools I'm waiting on....

Stats are 156 LSAT / 2.8 GPA from a federal service academy; hold two masters degrees and will be a 11 year navy officer veteran this summer :?

WhiteFish11

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby WhiteFish11 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:23 am

KPUSN07 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:I'm still on HOLD


Jesus. It's been months hasn't it? Really hope you hear something soon.


Yea pretty crazy - still on HOLD @ UF - UF and Richmond are still the two schools I'm waiting on....

Stats are 156 LSAT / 2.8 GPA from a federal service academy; hold two masters degrees and will be a 11 year navy officer veteran this summer :?


Wow! That's an impressive resume. Thank you for your service!

KPUSN07

Bronze
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:15 am

WhiteFish11 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
WhiteFish11 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:I'm still on HOLD


Jesus. It's been months hasn't it? Really hope you hear something soon.


Yea pretty crazy - still on HOLD @ UF - UF and Richmond are still the two schools I'm waiting on....

Stats are 156 LSAT / 2.8 GPA from a federal service academy; hold two masters degrees and will be a 11 year navy officer veteran this summer :?


Wow! That's an impressive resume. Thank you for your service!


I am humbled and privileged to wear the nation's cloth - thank you for the kind words! I told UF I'd wait as long as necessary, along with other schools I'm waitlisted at (CLS, W&M, Wash U, Fordham, etc) - But yea, I'm literally 18 waitlists.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:51 pm

lavarman84,

I have made an argument against Affirmative Action, being that it is an inherently racist form of legislation. If you would like to argue otherwise, please do so.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:54 pm

KylawRen,

Many visionaries throughout history, that had ideals that were counter to popular opinion were ostracized. You're unwarranted hatred for my beliefs and of myself is fine with me.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:43 pm

mhmyeah wrote:lavarman84,

I have made an argument against Affirmative Action, being that it is an inherently racist form of legislation. If you would like to argue otherwise, please do so.


Simply "producing good outcomes," does not exempt a policy from being an inherent unjust one.

User avatar
abogadesq

Silver
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 am

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby abogadesq » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:59 pm

As a UF Law alumni, wtf guys?

lavarman84

Platinum
Posts: 7649
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby lavarman84 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:44 pm

KylawRen wrote:Mmyeah is half bad troll/half idiot. I guess these people are everywhere but good god is this person actually going to be at uf this year?


Probably not. Judging by the bitterness towards AA, he/she probably got rejected from the law schools he/she wanted to attend and blames minorities for it. That's why he/she throws around a term like "racist" without knowing what it means. It's empty rhetoric and emotional argument that lacks any substance.

mhmyeah

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:42 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby mhmyeah » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:56 pm

abogadesq,

I understand, but I can not tolerate someone raving about "white male privilege," that is an absolutely delusional train of thought -- never mind the fact of kw25's racist remarks.

Noaction

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Postby Noaction » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 pm

No argument needed to disprove your theory. I am a female, first generation college student, that grew up with a closet for a bedroom. My parents married at 16 and 19 and worked their way to the top. I am the first person in my family to graduate college. I am also a spouse to a former special forces member of the US Navy. I am also a mother of two. I have had my share of adversity and my personal statement articulates such. Case and point watching others get things handed to them solely because of the color of their skin. That is the most outright example of racism. Affirmative Action, the process of allocating a certain percentage of open enrollment to members of each race, is an epitome of racism. The worst part is this continual blatant racism if anything only furthers the so called "disadvantage" of the minority group. Without the need to actually achieve competitive grades, test scores, and extracurricular, their is zero motivation for minority students to reach their actual potential. Why work hard if the result is the same? It is much easier to make excuses and play the "oh my poor ancestors card" to get things given to you rather than actually achieve them for yourself. This in turn sets up the student for poor performance and no surprise a much lower chance of actually passing the bar. I have felt discrimination much of my life, and have come to the conclusion through the last election that its time that many of us stop keeping our mouths shut just to be politically correct and avoid prosecution. I am told constantly, and my children are taught daily to feel bad that they are white and let "white guilt" loom over them. I am all for equality. Interesting....equality by definition is a social state in which all people are treated the same. Hmmm . Minorities are given priority in admissions by being given a huge point advantage. They can live wherever they want without fear of being killed. I can't go into half of the neighborhoods without being shot because of my color. I can't even say certain words because of my color. When applying to jobs its likely someone less qualified will take the position before me because employers are forced to have a certain amount of employees for each race. I could go on for days. Fair is fair and equal is equal. You cannot change the definition and call it such. The fact that we even consider race in admissions, employment, housing, insurance, government assistance, etc. is absolutely and blatantly racist. It time to get rid of white guilt and to quit keeping our mouths shut and taking a beating just to be politically correct. This issue is the main reason I even want to become an attorney. My daughters should have the same chance of getting in to any college they choose as any other racial group and I refuse to let them feel bad for something that has absolutely nothing to do with them.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests