UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dancermdv

New

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by dancermdv » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:34 pm

Mine is saying the same thing about no decision made. Do we think thats bad? Im a reverse splitter, I could potentially take the December LSAT but im not sure when they'll be telling me and if its worth taking it again.

ceibatoostronk

New

Post by ceibatoostronk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:11 am

dancermdv wrote:Mine is saying the same thing about no decision made. Do we think thats bad? Im a reverse splitter, I could potentially take the December LSAT but im not sure when they'll be telling me and if its worth taking it again.
When did you apply? At least you have an updated status. I'm still under review. Also a reverse splitter URM.

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 am

dancermdv wrote:Mine is saying the same thing about no decision made. Do we think thats bad? Im a reverse splitter, I could potentially take the December LSAT but im not sure when they'll be telling me and if its worth taking it again.
I also wonder if it's worth taking the LSAT again. I wish they would give us a timeline on when to expect a final decision. I don't want to retake for no reason :?

dancermdv

New

Post by dancermdv » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:33 pm

kmac1243 wrote:
I also wonder if it's worth taking the LSAT again. I wish they would give us a timeline on when to expect a final decision. I don't want to retake for no reason :?

I applied mid- October. But the earliest we can take the LSAT again is February. Im not sure when theyre going to tell us, so im not registering yet.

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:46 pm

kmac1243 wrote:Update: my status date didn't change (was put on hold 10/30) but the text above the date changed from "Initial Review Complete" to "Review Complete-No Final Decision Reached-Explanation below." Then they also put in the explanation below that "We will review hold files later in the process."

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheRealEscobar

New

Post by TheRealEscobar » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm

dylanca wrote:
TheRealEscobar wrote:I was just accepted via email. No scholarship info, not sure what that means.
Congrats on the acceptance! I received my scholarship info in my acceptance email, but they may not do every acceptance exactly the same.

Thanks, same to you!
That's what I'm thinking. I hope I don't get offered zero. FSU offered full tuition as well. Maybe I should give the office a call?

DCKMK13

New

Post by DCKMK13 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:Update: my status date didn't change (was put on hold 10/30) but the text above the date changed from "Initial Review Complete" to "Review Complete-No Final Decision Reached-Explanation below." Then they also put in the explanation below that "We will review hold files later in the process."

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same thing.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes them to make an update from the "no decision made" status?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

DCKMK13 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same thing.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes them to make an update from the "no decision made" status?
I'm not sure - it almost seems like a modified waitlist - apparently the committee continues to review applications and the HOLDs competitively.... I assume we won't hear anything until Feb.... Just a guess though.

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:46 am

If I have the “review complete-no decision rendered” status, is it worth sending a LOCI or should I wait until they actually make a decision?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hegotmoneyyyyy

New

Post by hegotmoneyyyyy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same thing.

I'm not sure - it almost seems like a modified waitlist - apparently the committee continues to review applications and the HOLDs competitively.... I assume we won't hear anything until Feb.... Just a guess though.
Pretty much everyone gets this “no decision made” status. I applied last cycle—submitted October 30th or 31st, no decision made early December, acceptance early January (with an 80% scholarship).

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:15 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
DCKMK13 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same thing.

Pretty much everyone gets this “no decision made” status. I applied last cycle—submitted October 30th or 31st, no decision made early December, acceptance early January (with an 80% scholarship).
What were your numbers? My LSAT is above 25% but below median, and my UGPA is below 25% (no curve though at the Academy)....

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:51 am

Eli1 wrote:If I have the “review complete-no decision rendered” status, is it worth sending a LOCI or should I wait until they actually make a decision?
Maybe wait until they make a decision. You can always email them and see what, if any, additional materials they need for your application. As much as it sucks, that “no decision made” status just means more patient waiting on our parts :cry:

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:22 am

kmac1243 wrote:
Eli1 wrote:If I have the “review complete-no decision rendered” status, is it worth sending a LOCI or should I wait until they actually make a decision?
Maybe wait until they make a decision. You can always email them and see what, if any, additional materials they need for your application. As much as it sucks, that “no decision made” status just means more patient waiting on our parts :cry:
Wait until they make a decision - no need for an LOCI - I sent an email saying I'm still very interested in the school, but was short, sweet and to the point.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

smitty16

New

Post by smitty16 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm

kmac1243 wrote:
smitty16 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:Created an account just to be able to keep up with this thread. I also applied early September, and my status changed to "Initial Review Complete-see below" on October 30.

This wait is killing me, UF is my top choice.
I am in the same boat - same timeline.
Hey peeps! Is it your understanding that UF doesn't reject anyone until April?! I've got the same timeline and status as you both and I'm trying to discern if we're simply on a delayed "to be rejected" list, if that makes sense. It just seems like the hold status is the catch all for this school so I'd like to figure out if we're really in the running or nah.....

Thanks in advance for any feedback/consolation one can provide!!
Hey there! It is my understanding that UF does a holistic approach to their application evaluation. They put everyone on hold at one point or another, then auto-admit those at or above their 75th's for GPA and LSAT. From there, they do a comparative review of the remaining applications and look at your numbers again, but also look at personal statement, essays, LOR's, etc. Looking at last year, it seems that they admit in waves. I'm not sure about not sending rejects out until April, however it does appear they like to take their sweet time in the initial and comparative reviews. My guess, along with a few other posters in this thread and previous threads, is that we are still on hold because our numbers aren't solid enough for auto-admit, but they also aren't weak enough for auto-reject. Just hang in there, hopefully we'll hear something soon! :D
kmac1243:

I'm such a jerk for taking so long to respond to you; my bad!!!!! Thanks for the info. I might have thoroughly annoyed the office staff this morning with my initial multi-question email and subsequent re-clarification of question email. :shock: :oops: :shock: S-I-G-H. I'll post their response as soon as I hear back from them!

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm

smitty16 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:
smitty16 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:Created an account just to be able to keep up with this thread. I also applied early September, and my status changed to "Initial Review Complete-see below" on October 30.

Hey peeps! Is it your understanding that UF doesn't reject anyone until April?! I've got the same timeline and status as you both and I'm trying to discern if we're simply on a delayed "to be rejected" list, if that makes sense. It just seems like the hold status is the catch all for this school so I'd like to figure out if we're really in the running or nah.....

Hey there! It is my understanding that UF does a holistic approach to their application evaluation. They put everyone on hold at one point or another, then auto-admit those at or above their 75th's for GPA and LSAT. From there, they do a comparative review of the remaining applications and look at your numbers again, but also look at personal statement, essays, LOR's, etc. Looking at last year, it seems that they admit in waves. I'm not sure about not sending rejects out until April, however it does appear they like to take their sweet time in the initial and comparative reviews. My guess, along with a few other posters in this thread and previous threads, is that we are still on hold because our numbers aren't solid enough for auto-admit, but they also aren't weak enough for auto-reject. Just hang in there, hopefully we'll hear something soon! :D
kmac1243:

I'm such a jerk for taking so long to respond to you; my bad!!!!! Thanks for the info. I might have thoroughly annoyed the office staff this morning with my initial multi-question email and subsequent re-clarification of question email. :shock: :oops: :shock: S-I-G-H. I'll post their response as soon as I hear back from them!
It's okay! And please do!

Funny thing happened today: I'm an intern at the FL House of Representatives and was taking the elevator in the Capitol building. The doors opened, and standing there was President Fuchs! I almost had a full blown anxiety attack, but I kept my composure and introduced myself. I told him I had applied to UF Law, and that UF has always been my top choice, blah blah blah. We talked for a few minutes, then when he went to leave he said "Go Gators, Kelly!"

I hope to take this as a sign... :shock:

With that...has anyone heard anything??? Any status changes???

smitty16

New

Post by smitty16 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

kmac1243 wrote:
smitty16 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:
smitty16 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

kmac1243:

It's okay! And please do!

Funny thing happened today: I'm an intern at the FL House of Representatives and was taking the elevator in the Capitol building. The doors opened, and standing there was President Fuchs! I almost had a full blown anxiety attack, but I kept my composure and introduced myself. I told him I had applied to UF Law, and that UF has always been my top choice, blah blah blah. We talked for a few minutes, then when he went to leave he said "Go Gators, Kelly!"

I hope to take this as a sign... :shock:

With that...has anyone heard anything??? Any status changes???
I'm impressed that you know who the President is......W-I-N-N-I-N-G!!!!

Here are the responses:
1. Does this institution make a distinction between held and wait-listed applicants? If so, what criteria differentiates the two?

Held files - a final decision (admit or deny) has not been reached

Waitlisted files - the applicant has been offered a position on the wait list, and should he/she choose to remain on the wait list, could potentially be offered admission through early August.

(Answer after I clarified my initial question) Wait list and initial deny decisions are usually released in close proximity; however, the dates vary each year.

2. Are applicants rejected throughout the cycle or are rejection decisions made and issued in early Spring only?

Applicants may be denied at any point during the application cycle; however, the first denies typically occur in early Spring.

3. Is it likely that a held applicant could receive an updated application status by the end of January/early February? If not, when could a held applicant reasonably expect to receive a status update?

Final decisions are made on an ongoing basis. Held files may be updated in as little as a few weeks, or the process could extend several months.

Hope this info helps satisfy our (now) neurotic curiosities :roll: :roll: :roll: *blows kisses*

And nope, no status change for me. #kayneshrug

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Smitty thank you so much for all that info!!! It’s really helpful.

I bit the bullet and decided to retake the LSAT in February. I was on the fence about it and wish I had made the decision before the deadline for December, but I feel my LSAT isn’t competitive enough at this point for a decision that’s not the waitlist. I’d rather be held for a few more months and improve my LSAT score than be waitlisted or even denied. My LSAT is currently at their 25th, GPA a little higher but not much. I sent them a LOCI as well as notification of my retake and they said the following:

“Yes, an increased LSAT score can be a factor in the re-review of your file. However, different files are held for various reasons. An increased LSAT score, of course, does not guarantee admission.

If at all possible, applicants with future test scores will not receive a final decision until that score is released. Your letter of continued interest has been added to your file.”

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

smitty16

New

Post by smitty16 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

kmac1243 wrote:Smitty thank you so much for all that info!!! It’s really helpful.

I bit the bullet and decided to retake the LSAT in February. I was on the fence about it and wish I had made the decision before the deadline for December, but I feel my LSAT isn’t competitive enough at this point for a decision that’s not the waitlist. I’d rather be held for a few more months and improve my LSAT score than be waitlisted or even denied. My LSAT is currently at their 25th, GPA a little higher but not much. I sent them a LOCI as well as notification of my retake and they said the following:

“Yes, an increased LSAT score can be a factor in the re-review of your file. However, different files are held for various reasons. An increased LSAT score, of course, does not guarantee admission.

If at all possible, applicants with future test scores will not receive a final decision until that score is released. Your letter of continued interest has been added to your file.”
No problem love. And make these next 8 weeks count friend, I betta not see you posting anywhere!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck!!!!

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I just received an email congratulating me on my acceptance today! I was also offered a scholarship for 75% tuition.
Last edited by QUIZ on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 pm

QUIZ wrote:I just received an email congratulating me on my acceptance today! I was also offered a scholarship for 75% tuition ($17,250 a year) with no stipulations.
Congrats!!! What are your stats if you don't mind?? :D

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:31 pm

kmac1243 wrote:
QUIZ wrote:I just received an email congratulating me on my acceptance today! I was also offered a scholarship for 75% tuition ($17,250 a year) with no stipulations.
Last edited by QUIZ on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Andi_FO

New

Post by Andi_FO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

QUIZ wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:
3.1 GPA
163 LSAT
Hello I’m new here. First time posting. May I ask when you applied? I have almost the exact same stats (3.2 GPA with 2 BAs and 161 LSAT) and I’ve had the ‘no final decision made yet’ status since November 21st. UF is my first choice and I’m really hoping to get in.

QUIZ

New

Post by QUIZ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Andi_FO wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:
3.1 GPA
163 LSAT
Hello I’m new here. First time posting. May I ask when you applied? I have almost the exact same stats (3.2 GPA with 2 BAs and 161 LSAT) and I’ve had the ‘no final decision made yet’ status since November 21st. UF is my first choice and I’m really hoping to get in.
I received my decision about a week after applying.

Goodluck to you, I'm sure you'll get in.
Last edited by QUIZ on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andi_FO

New

Post by Andi_FO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm

QUIZ wrote:
Andi_FO wrote:
QUIZ wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:
3.1 GPA
163 LSAT
I applied on December 4th, received my decision on the 12th.

Goodluck to you, I'm sure you'll get in.
Hmmm. I do wonder if I should email them, but I’m not exactly sure if that would even help/be at all informative. Thanks and congratulations btw.

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Has anyone who got the "no final decision made" status seen any movement yet? Should we expect to not hear anything until after the December LSAT scores/applicants are considered?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”