UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KPUSN07

Bronze

UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Starting this thread. My application - review complete, decision pending... not sure the timeframe now.

Eli1

New

Re: UF Law C/O 2021 Applicants

Post by Eli1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:07 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:Starting this thread. My application - review complete, decision pending... not sure the timeframe now.
Same! Good luck and hopefully we hear something soon

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Eli1 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:Starting this thread. My application - review complete, decision pending... not sure the timeframe now.
Well now it is: "Initial review complete - see below" and then below seems to describe what maybe is a HOLD? Not sure or how long it takes to render the decision then.

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
Eli1 wrote:
Well now it is: "Initial review complete - see below" and then below seems to describe what maybe is a HOLD? Not sure or how long it takes to render the decision then.
From what I've read/researched, it basically means that we aren't good enough to be admitted yet but we aren't low enough to be waitlisted/denied. I may be wrong, but it says that we can submit additional items for reconsideration and they'll consider us versus the already admitted students and new applicants.

thebirdlawexpert

New

Post by thebirdlawexpert » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:45 pm

From what I've read the "initial review complete-see below" status isn't a big deal. Many people in previous years with this status were over 75th percentiles for LSAT and GPA and got in with significant scholarships a few days later

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gennyJD96

New

Post by gennyJD96 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi all. I was admitted to UF at some point last week--applied relatively early in September. My status checker read, and still reads "final review complete--decision made", and I received an acceptance email shortly after the change. I'm still waiting to receive package in mail, but feel free to PM me for my stats. UF is my first choice and I will be visiting soon! Any other accepted students have a different message on their ASO?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:21 pm

gennyJD96 wrote:Hi all. I was admitted to UF at some point last week--applied relatively early in September. My status checker read, and still reads "final review complete--decision made", and I received an acceptance email shortly after the change. I'm still waiting to receive package in mail, but feel free to PM me for my stats. UF is my first choice and I will be visiting soon! Any other accepted students have a different message on their ASO?
Hello - did you receive the message in your ASO that I described above and/or did the ASO ever tell you, you were admitted or receive an email admitting you?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 pm

Admitted earlier this cycle with a large scholarship, good luck to everyone else!

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Created an account just to be able to keep up with this thread. I also applied early September, and my status changed to "Initial Review Complete-see below" on October 30.

This wait is killing me, UF is my top choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:10 pm

kmac1243 wrote:Created an account just to be able to keep up with this thread. I also applied early September, and my status changed to "Initial Review Complete-see below" on October 30.

I am in the same boat - same timeline.

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Based on the thread for the c/o 2020, it looks like there might be another round of decisions within the next week. :?

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:23 pm

1L at UF here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Houzy wrote:1L at UF here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D
Hi! Thank you for taking questions! I guess the two biggest questions I have are: when were you notified of your decision, and are you happy that you chose to attend UF? :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Houzy

New

Post by Houzy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:01 pm

kmac1243 wrote:
Houzy wrote:1L at UF here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :D
Hi! Thank you for taking questions! I guess the two biggest questions I have are: when were you notified of your decision, and are you happy that you chose to attend UF? :D
The first question: it really is random. It all depends on the needs of the school really. I would say that typically, if you're a qualified student it shouldn't take more than a few weeks after you go under review. That being said, UF did some weird things with the waitlist/no decision made statuses last year.

Second question: Honestly, it is insane how welcoming and friendly the people are at this school. The atmosphere and culture of the school were a big surprise to me. Everyone really is willing to help out other students. The 2 and 3L's are always willing to help and that attitude has spread to the 1L's. There's obviously some stress because you are graded on a curve, but as far as being cutthroat goes, it really is negligible. Overall, I'm really pleased with UF and especially with the atmosphere of the student body.

TheRealEscobar

New

Post by TheRealEscobar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:03 pm

My application went complete on 28th of October. I also was just put on "hold" I am above 75ths, a MA URM, and alumni so I find this weird. Already been admitted to Miami with full tuition scholly. But being that I have spent four years in Gville already not going back would not really upset me, just wanted to let others know they are not alone in the hold group.

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Does anyone know if LSN is a reliable source of information? According to that site, there are (I believe) at least two applicants that have already been accepted with 153 LSATs and someone that says they were waitlisted with a 157...but they dated their decisions status as the 30th of November?

TheRealEscobar

New

Post by TheRealEscobar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:02 pm

I was just accepted via email. No scholarship info, not sure what that means.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 pm

TheRealEscobar wrote:I was just accepted via email. No scholarship info, not sure what that means.
Congrats!

dylanca

New

Post by dylanca » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 pm

TheRealEscobar wrote:I was just accepted via email. No scholarship info, not sure what that means.
Congrats on the acceptance! I received my scholarship info in my acceptance email, but they may not do every acceptance exactly the same.

gennyJD96

New

Post by gennyJD96 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Will any other accepted students be at the tailgate event this Saturday? I'm flying to Gainesville for the game and am super excited.

ceibatoostronk

New

Post by ceibatoostronk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:14 pm

I've been in UR since 10/17 :/ I wish I knew when am I going to know about the decision. This is my first choice school. Reverse Splitter, URM; accepted last year of wait-list after applying by the end of March. The wait is brutal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smitty16

New

Post by smitty16 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:
kmac1243 wrote:Created an account just to be able to keep up with this thread. I also applied early September, and my status changed to "Initial Review Complete-see below" on October 30.

Hey peeps! Is it your understanding that UF doesn't reject anyone until April?! I've got the same timeline and status as you both and I'm trying to discern if we're simply on a delayed "to be rejected" list, if that makes sense. It just seems like the hold status is the catch all for this school so I'd like to figure out if we're really in the running or nah.....

Thanks in advance for any feedback/consolation one can provide!!

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:59 am

smitty16 wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:

Hey peeps! Is it your understanding that UF doesn't reject anyone until April?! I've got the same timeline and status as you both and I'm trying to discern if we're simply on a delayed "to be rejected" list, if that makes sense. It just seems like the hold status is the catch all for this school so I'd like to figure out if we're really in the running or nah.....

Thanks in advance for any feedback/consolation one can provide!!
Hey there! It is my understanding that UF does a holistic approach to their application evaluation. They put everyone on hold at one point or another, then auto-admit those at or above their 75th's for GPA and LSAT. From there, they do a comparative review of the remaining applications and look at your numbers again, but also look at personal statement, essays, LOR's, etc. Looking at last year, it seems that they admit in waves. I'm not sure about not sending rejects out until April, however it does appear they like to take their sweet time in the initial and comparative reviews. My guess, along with a few other posters in this thread and previous threads, is that we are still on hold because our numbers aren't solid enough for auto-admit, but they also aren't weak enough for auto-reject. Just hang in there, hopefully we'll hear something soon! :D

kmac1243

New

Post by kmac1243 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Update: my status date didn't change (was put on hold 10/30) but the text above the date changed from "Initial Review Complete" to "Review Complete-No Final Decision Reached-Explanation below." Then they also put in the explanation below that "We will review hold files later in the process."

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.

Niko_21

New

Post by Niko_21 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 pm

kmac1243 wrote:Update: my status date didn't change (was put on hold 10/30) but the text above the date changed from "Initial Review Complete" to "Review Complete-No Final Decision Reached-Explanation below." Then they also put in the explanation below that "We will review hold files later in the process."

UF YOU'RE KILLING ME.
Same here. It's driving me crazy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”