Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying

September
21
8%
October
71
28%
November
69
27%
December
44
17%
January
45
18%
February
6
2%
 
Total votes: 256

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:41 am

Anyone mind reading my Why Penn? Down below, thanks!

Mikey
LSAC #: L69
Why Penn?

Well, Penn is a dope school.. I've always wanted to go to Paddy's Pub for a bar review to hang with the gang and play flipadelphia. Thanks.

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:50 am

Mikey wrote:Anyone mind reading my Why Penn? Down below, thanks!

Mikey
LSAC #: L69
Why Penn?

Well, Penn is a dope school.. I've always wanted to go to Paddy's Pub for a bar review to hang with the gang and play flipadelphia. Thanks.


Damn, this is much better than my Why Columbia:

"If it's good enough for Marshall Eriksen, it's certainly good enough for me. Thanks."

You're in for sure.
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:52 am

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:
Mikey wrote:Anyone mind reading my Why Penn? Down below, thanks!

Mikey
LSAC #: L69
Why Penn?

Well, Penn is a dope school.. I've always wanted to go to Paddy's Pub for a bar review to hang with the gang and play flipadelphia. Thanks.


Damn, this is much better than my Why Columbia:

"If it's good enough for Marshall Eriksen, it's certainly good enough for me. Thanks."

You're in for sure.

Damn, I think yours is golden!

Glad you think I'm a lock for penn!

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ChutzpahSaxa15 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Went UR2 today ahhhhh!!!!

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 pm

ChutzpahSaxa15 wrote:Went UR2 today ahhhhh!!!!


RD or EDII? I'm hoping they're making quick work of the EDII people so we hear this week/beginning of next week

User avatar
usaorbust

Bronze
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby usaorbust » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:03 pm

More decisions today, good luck everyone :)

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm

usaorbust wrote:More decisions today, good luck everyone :)


oh?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:06 pm

mwells56 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:More decisions today, good luck everyone :)


oh?

yeah, just checked their twitter, it's for RD!

LSNlife

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LSNlife » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm

ChutzpahSaxa15 wrote:Went UR2 today ahhhhh!!!!


Just went UR2 as well!! Checked this morning and was still sitting pretty at UR1 11/17, YAY!!

Early Congrats to all of today's admits https://twitter.com/PennLawAdmiss/statu ... 8256915460

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Mikey wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:More decisions today, good luck everyone :)


oh?

yeah, just checked their twitter, it's for RD!

I've officially lost all productivity for the day.......

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:09 pm

Mikey wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
usaorbust wrote:More decisions today, good luck everyone :)


oh?

yeah, just checked their twitter, it's for RD!


And now time to go back to last year's thread and see how long it took from a mid January RD wave to EDII decisions

Stardefender1

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Stardefender1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:11 pm

My status checker just changed dates, too! To UR2 I think. Does this mean I have no chance of hearing any decision today?

phillyboy23

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby phillyboy23 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Here comes another round of decisions!!!

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Stardefender1 wrote:My status checker just changed dates, too! To UR2 I think. Does this mean I have no chance of hearing any decision today?

Not likely, I think the shortest UR2 wait was 2 days back in December, first January wave was just Dec UR2s, crossing my fingers this one is early-Jan UR2s

EnglishApplicant2017

New
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby EnglishApplicant2017 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:21 pm

There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 pm

I had pretty good stats (above median LSAT and GPA) when I went UCR2, but it was before December scores came out. I'm thoroughly expecting to have to wait for a UCR3 or something first noting that they've seen it. I will still anxiously wait out the day with the rest of you though :p
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pancakes4ever

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pancakes4ever » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:36 pm

EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.


Yeah and I've been UCR2 since 11/30 with radio silence...any idea on when they'll start the waitlist/ding process this year?

LSNlife

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LSNlife » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:37 pm

pancakes4ever wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.


Yeah and I've been UCR2 since 11/30 with radio silence...any idea on when they'll start the waitlist/ding process this year?


Last year they started on 1/12 so it's possible that this wave or the next will signify the beginning of WL/Dings

pancakes4ever

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pancakes4ever » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:38 pm

TLS wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.


Yeah and I've been UCR2 since 11/30 with radio silence...any idea on when they'll start the waitlist/ding process this year?


Last year they started on 1/12 so it's possible that this wave or the next will signify the beginning of WL/Dings


Thanks - just trying to mentally prepare...every time I get a new email, I have a mini heart attack :lol:

User avatar
alykdesire

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby alykdesire » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Does the status checker change from "received and processing" to "complete" or are those the same thing for Penn?

Hstrat

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Hstrat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 pm

What are the chances that those of us that went UR2 on 1/10 will hear back today?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

alykdesire wrote:Does the status checker change from "received and processing" to "complete" or are those the same thing for Penn?

yes it will go to complete

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm

mwells56 wrote:Looks like all the EDII people went UCR2 yesterday. Wave coming next week?

I'm ed 2 but submitted RD in october but changed to ED in December and still at UR2 11/30. anyone else in this boat?

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:58 pm

pancakes4ever wrote:
TLS wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.


Yeah and I've been UCR2 since 11/30 with radio silence...any idea on when they'll start the waitlist/ding process this year?


Last year they started on 1/12 so it's possible that this wave or the next will signify the beginning of WL/Dings


Thanks - just trying to mentally prepare...every time I get a new email, I have a mini heart attack :lol:

Just went back through the thread, only about 50% of reported UR2 dates in NOV/DEC reported an acceptance, so there might still be hope

pancakes4ever

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby pancakes4ever » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:59 pm

PostNihilist wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:
TLS wrote:
pancakes4ever wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:There seem to be a lot of Dec UR2s still waiting, many with above median stat so I wonder if they'll be included or if they've already been passed by.


Yeah and I've been UCR2 since 11/30 with radio silence...any idea on when they'll start the waitlist/ding process this year?


Last year they started on 1/12 so it's possible that this wave or the next will signify the beginning of WL/Dings


Thanks - just trying to mentally prepare...every time I get a new email, I have a mini heart attack :lol:

Just went back through the thread, only about 50% of reported UR2 dates in NOV/DEC reported an acceptance, so there might still be hope


You're my favorite human being right now



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests