Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you applying

September
21
8%
October
71
28%
November
69
27%
December
44
17%
January
45
18%
February
6
2%
 
Total votes: 256

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

ellygao wrote:
PostNihilist wrote:So I went UCR2 last weekend and it has me really confused. Why the hell were they reviewing my app on the weekend? I haven't seen anyone else report the same UCR2 date and I couldn't find anything from this cycle or last where someone reported a weekend UCR2 date. I'm expecting a rejection, as my hard stats are a pretty serious reach (25<L<50, G<25), although I have excellent softs. I find it hard to believe they would put in work on the weekend just to reject me, but I wonder if I'm just too invested to look at this objectively. I seriously have no idea what to make of this and it's driving me a little crazy, anyone have any thoughts? (besides "stop being so neurotic..." :lol:)


I have quite similar stats, and my UCR2 date is 1/9. Hopefully the "holistic review process" will do us some favor. :D Are you RD or ED II?

I'm RD, and honestly, I'd be happy with a WL. My weekend UCR2 date has just been bugging me...
Good luck! Think we might find out in the next wave

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:56 pm

.
Last edited by Mikey on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 pm

.
Last edited by mwells56 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm

mwells56 wrote:So I submitted my ED2 form yesterday and I just went UCR2 but the status checker didn't acknowledge the receipt of the contract

when I switched to ED2 the status checker didn't change besides the ED agreement boxes checked at the bottom.

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

ersd27106 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:So I submitted my ED2 form yesterday and I just went UCR2 but the status checker didn't acknowledge the receipt of the contract

when I switched to ED2 the status checker didn't change besides the ED agreement boxes checked at the bottom.


Yeah I was saying that the boxes aren't checked. They just emailed me confirming that they switched my app but the boxes still aren't checked.

ellygao

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ellygao » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm

mwells56 wrote:
ersd27106 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:So I submitted my ED2 form yesterday and I just went UCR2 but the status checker didn't acknowledge the receipt of the contract

when I switched to ED2 the status checker didn't change besides the ED agreement boxes checked at the bottom.


Yeah I was saying that the boxes aren't checked. They just emailed me confirming that they switched my app but the boxes still aren't checked.


I think that should be fine as long the admission office confirmed switching your application to ED II. Don't worry :D

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:10 pm

ellygao wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
ersd27106 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:So I submitted my ED2 form yesterday and I just went UCR2 but the status checker didn't acknowledge the receipt of the contract

when I switched to ED2 the status checker didn't change besides the ED agreement boxes checked at the bottom.


Yeah I was saying that the boxes aren't checked. They just emailed me confirming that they switched my app but the boxes still aren't checked.


I think that should be fine as long the admission office confirmed switching your application to ED II. Don't worry :D


Yup, not worried at all. Just being thorough.

LorneMalvo

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LorneMalvo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm also an ED II applicant. Went UR 2 today. Do they release all ED2 app decisions at the same time? Or is it rolling like regular?

jban

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jban » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:18 pm

wait how did you find the EDII form?

Freda_ZHAO

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:14 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Freda_ZHAO » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 pm

ED2 Applicant~Do Penn Law admission officers interview applicants?

Freda_ZHAO

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:14 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Freda_ZHAO » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm

Freda_ZHAO wrote:ED2 Applicant~Do Penn Law admission officers interview applicants?

Went UCR on 1/9/2018 and now the Current Status Date changed to 1/12/2018. Is this UCR2? :shock:

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dietcoked » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 am

Freda_ZHAO wrote:
Freda_ZHAO wrote:ED2 Applicant~Do Penn Law admission officers interview applicants?

Went UCR on 1/9/2018 and now the Current Status Date changed to 1/12/2018. Is this UCR2? :shock:


Yea I think so!

needmylsat180

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby needmylsat180 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 am

Freda_ZHAO wrote:
Freda_ZHAO wrote:ED2 Applicant~Do Penn Law admission officers interview applicants?

Went UCR on 1/9/2018 and now the Current Status Date changed to 1/12/2018. Is this UCR2? :shock:


That’s weird, I went UCR 1/8/18 and then it was changed on 1/9/18 I’m EDII
Last edited by needmylsat180 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jkander31

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jkander31 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:02 am

UCR 2 1/11
UCR 1 12/18

LorneMalvo

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LorneMalvo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 am

By the way, timelines (I’m ED).

Submitted: 1/6
UCR 1: 1/9
UCR 2: 1/12

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Looks like all the EDII people went UCR2 yesterday. Wave coming next week?

ellygao

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ellygao » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm

mwells56 wrote:Looks like all the EDII people went UCR2 yesterday. Wave coming next week?


My UCR1 was 1/8, and UCR2 1/9, which seemed quite strange. Status hasn't changed since. Feeling :? :cry:

vikingrunner

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby vikingrunner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm

I was complete as of 1/2 (submitted during the holiday break) and am still sitting at "application received and processing" also dated as 1/2. Am I just at the bottom of the pile since I'm RD? Or is a ding incoming?

Bojack93

New
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Bojack93 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:25 pm

vikingrunner wrote:I was complete as of 1/2 (submitted during the holiday break) and am still sitting at "application received and processing" also dated as 1/2. Am I just at the bottom of the pile since I'm RD? Or is a ding incoming?


No, plenty of people--myself included--have reported taking a while to go UCR. It bears repeating that as much as people want to think that status checker updates can offer clues about their eventual decision, nothing suggests this is true.

needmylsat180

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby needmylsat180 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm

ellygao wrote:
mwells56 wrote:Looks like all the EDII people went UCR2 yesterday. Wave coming next week?


My UCR1 was 1/8, and UCR2 1/9, which seemed quite strange. Status hasn't changed since. Feeling :? :cry:


Same here... I’m starting to think that maybe I remembered my dates incorrectly. Prob my first UCR wasn’t on 8th but 9th :| :| :|

AndyNewMan9240

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby AndyNewMan9240 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

jban wrote:wait how did you find the EDII form?


You can call Penn Law Admissions to change your status from RD to ED, but I believe you have to do this on Monday, which is the due date for ED, round 2.

surfsup12345

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby surfsup12345 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:06 pm

LorneMalvo wrote:By the way, timelines (I’m ED).

Submitted: 1/6
UCR 1: 1/9
UCR 2: 1/12


I applied ED II as well. 3.4x and 169 (multiple re-takes). Nearly the same timeline.

Submitted: 1/5
UCR1: 1/8
UCR2: 1/12

surfsup12345

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby surfsup12345 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:11 pm

mwells56 wrote:Looks like all the EDII people went UCR2 yesterday. Wave coming next week?


I'm going to guess Friday Jan. 26th based on last year's decisions. If anything the Penn Twitter feed will let us know. lol

phqd_roar

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:16 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby phqd_roar » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 am

RD checking in!
Applied 11/15
URC 1 12/6
URC 2 1/10

Does anyone have a turn-around timeline for UR2-Decision?

latinxlawschool2020

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 am

dm1683 wrote:
PostNihilist wrote:
dm1683 wrote:In today via phone call! Status checker just updated.

Submitted 10/19.

Congrats!!
What was your UCR2 date?

12/5.



congrats !
I submitted 10/26
UR 2 12/5

crossing my fingers, my top choice



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests