Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LBishop

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LBishop » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 pm

TLS wrote:
LBishop wrote:In via phone call.

Submitted 10/31, complete 11/2.

Congrats and good luck to all!


Congrats!!



Thank you very much! :D

gmg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gmg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Should I be expecting a ding or waitlist at this point? I've been complete since mid-October. Not sure what gives
164/3.97 and a why BU statement.

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 pm

LBishop wrote:In via phone call.

Submitted 10/31, complete 11/2.

Congrats and good luck to all!


Nice job, congratulations!

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:55 pm

gmg wrote:Should I be expecting a ding or waitlist at this point? I've been complete since mid-October. Not sure what gives
164/3.97 and a why BU statement.


I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of applicants with great numbers that haven't heard back yet, it's still very early in the cycle. Doesn't seem like BU goes strictly by submission dates, so as hard as the long wait must be, I wouldn't read too much into it. You have good numbers, there's still plenty of time to get good news.

gmg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gmg » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Piggy11 wrote:
gmg wrote:Should I be expecting a ding or waitlist at this point? I've been complete since mid-October. Not sure what gives
164/3.97 and a why BU statement.


I'm pretty sure there are still plenty of applicants with great numbers that haven't heard back yet, it's still very early in the cycle. Doesn't seem like BU goes strictly by submission dates, so as hard as the long wait must be, I wouldn't read too much into it. You have good numbers, there's still plenty of time to get good news.


Thank you for the reassurance. I really appreciate it!

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Congrats everyone! :D

WhatEvenIsMyLife

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby WhatEvenIsMyLife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Just got my admit packet in the mail, just when I gave up on it ever arriving (apparently it got a bit lost in the shuffle because my university is terrible at processing packages in a timely manner). Got $90k total which is pretty good! Of course, now that I have actual numbers to calculate the total CoA over three years with I'm definitely having a mini-heart attack. Not that the cost is any surprise but just it feels way more real now.

User avatar
soca_dancer

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby soca_dancer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:20 pm

IN via phone call

Submitted 10/08, Complete 10/12

LSNlife

Bronze
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby LSNlife » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Missed the call but I'm in as well!! Congrats to all the admits today!

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:47 pm

soca_dancer wrote:IN via phone call

Submitted 10/08, Complete 10/12

Congratulations-you are killing it this cycle!

localtrain

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby localtrain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:58 pm

Has anyone who applied to the public interest scholarship heard back yet?

User avatar
soca_dancer

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby soca_dancer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Piggy11 wrote:
soca_dancer wrote:IN via phone call

Submitted 10/08, Complete 10/12

Congratulations-you are killing it this cycle!


Thank you! It's literally surreal

dasseeker

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dasseeker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:55 am

Submitted 10/30 and still no answer. Anyone in the same boat?

lawdaddy1

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lawdaddy1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

Submitted 10/26, lsat >75th GPA median and crickets......

dasseeker

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dasseeker » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:35 am

lawdaddy1 wrote:Submitted 10/26, lsat >75th GPA median and crickets......


Woe is us.

OtisRedding24

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby OtisRedding24 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:50 am

localtrain wrote:Has anyone who applied to the public interest scholarship heard back yet?


Haven't heard anything. Applied mid October, above both medians.

lawdaddy1

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:15 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lawdaddy1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 am

It's hard to figure out a method to their madness. A lot of schools aren't following previous years patterns of acceptance.
May have to do with the increase in takers and scores this cycle. Patience is the key.

momo5

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby momo5 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:34 am

OtisRedding24 wrote:
localtrain wrote:Has anyone who applied to the public interest scholarship heard back yet?


Haven't heard anything. Applied mid October, above both medians.


I applied mid October as well and got in during the first wave (11/27?). In my admission packet, they mentioned they knew I applied for the public interest scholarship and to hold tight because they wouldn't be reviewing candidates for that until mid January.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group yet?

OtisRedding24

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby OtisRedding24 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:20 pm

In via phone call. Complete 10/31.

LSAT > 75
75 GPA 50

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:21 pm

OtisRedding24 wrote:In via phone call. Complete 10/31.

LSAT > 75
75 GPA 50



Congratulations!!
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Piggy11

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:14 pm

OtisRedding24 wrote:In via phone call. Complete 10/31.

LSAT > 75
75 GPA 50

Nice! Congratulations!

rebelynn

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rebelynn » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 am

Application was held for grades. LSAT 166 and GPA 3.66. Now for more waiting to commence :roll:

User avatar
HankScorpion

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby HankScorpion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Looks like somebody just got in based on a LSN update. Pre-Christmas wave this afternoon?

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Boston University C/O 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:27 pm

HankScorpion wrote:Looks like somebody just got in based on a LSN update. Pre-Christmas wave this afternoon?


Fingers crossed!
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests