Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

You just want a pretty Stanford to notice you, so you're taking to Instagram to post...

A selfie in a Stanford hat, Stanford sweatshirt, waving a Stanford flag, taken on the Stanford campus
12%
A casual photo from Cambridge, Mass. because jealousy is your friend
24%
That photo you got with Mark Zuckerberg during your Facebook internship
3%
That photo you got with Jesse Eisenberg + a witty caption thanking him for your Facebook internship
3%
A photo of rare books you haven't read with a vintage filter #learned
24%
A photo of you with nothing but a Stanford flag draped carefully over your body #comeatmecensors
27%
Already have my acceptance letter, so I'll just Insta that with some sunglass emojis ;)
7%

Total votes: 67

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Under review! Also submitted KH

lobsicle

New

Post by lobsicle » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Under review! Also submitted KH
What is the text of your status checker?

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:35 pm

lobsicle wrote:
"Your file has been submitted for review"

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:37 pm

When did you submit?

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
When did you submit?
Transmitted my app in the beginning of September; my recs all came in by September 31. Also submitted KH in August.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:10 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
Oh I didn’t realize that was UR1. I just assumed that meant it’s complete and just kinda hanging out.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:19 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
I checked the Stanford board from previous years and the consensus is that "File submitted for review" is the Stanford way of saying "File complete." I'm no expert though!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:29 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
lobsicle wrote:
I checked the Stanford board from previous years and the consensus is that "File submitted for review" is the Stanford way of saying "File complete." I'm no expert though!
That might be true. It went from "File Incomplete" to "submitted for review" - minor details I guess; I just want that answer!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Just got an email from admissions. My file went to under review that quickly because I am a KH applicant. The exact words:

"We have completed your file for review as of yesterday because you are a Knight-Hennessy applicant."

Posting it here FWIW

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyc2dc

New

Post by nyc2dc » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Status changed to "Your file has been submitted for review"

I am also a KH applicant but I haven't received an email explaining why my status changed to under review.

ayylmao

Silver

Post by ayylmao » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 am

Hey guys, I'm a Stanford 1L taking questions in this thread over here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=282783

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 am

nyc2dc wrote: I am also a KH applicant but I haven't received an email explaining why my status changed to under review.
Nor have I. I wouldn't worry about it. The Knight-Hennessy program says that everyone will find out on December 15th, and Stanford seems to do its first round of decisions in January, so I figure we're just cooling our heels for awhile here and don't have anything to get worked up about until mid-December rolls around.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:57 am

Platopus wrote:Hey everyone, so while bored as hell on a Saturday night I did some playing around on MyLSN with some curious results. I plugged in my score range and received the following for Stanford

I then bumped the LSAT by just one point, and things look drastically different:

Sample sizes are pretty small, but not ridiculously small, and the difference between each graph is pretty pronounced. What is going on here? Am I reading into this too much or is there a reason Stanford would waitlist more people with a higher score?
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 am

principalagent wrote:
I suppose they are worried about numbers like every other school and assume 174s would start jumping ship to Harvard and Yale. That number is also Hamilton/Rubenstein territory and maybe they’re attempting to mitigate that risk.
I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.

black_mirror

Bronze

Post by black_mirror » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:04 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
I do also wonder to what extent complacency really does set in among folks with really great numbers. We’d never be able to actually know or quantify that, but maybe it really is that better applicants tend more toward laziness or even self-aggrandizement in their PS, etc. making them WL candidates rather than admits even as folks with lower numbers get in.
The solution would be to write your PS before getting ur LSAT score ;)

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:25 pm

black_mirror wrote:
#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
The solution would be to write your PS before getting ur LSAT score ;)
Have you guys noticed the discrepancy between the LSN GPA/LSAT grid and MyLSN? I don't know if I'm plugging things in incorrectly or they somehow use different data sets, but the acceptance percentages are different. MyLSN is way more optimistic about my numbers
Last edited by maybeman on Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Chaimthegreat

New

Post by Chaimthegreat » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Platopus wrote: Sample sizes are pretty small, but not ridiculously small, and the difference between each graph is pretty pronounced. What is going on here? Am I reading into this too much or is there a reason Stanford would waitlist more people with a higher score?
I'll be the first person to tell you I am not an expert on mylsn- but that sample size is small.

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 am

I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I have my Stanford application ready and noticed that my application fee was not being waived. I was refreshing my page thinking it was a glitch but then realized that Stanford does not accept LSAC Fee Waiver.

Anyone have success getting it waived?

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:45 am

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 am

TheKingLives wrote:Not applying but whomever made the last option on the poll (#gobroncos?) is my hero. lmao
Appreciate you. :mrgreen:

I’m racing to get to 100 posts so that I can put pictures back in, clean up the OP with a few spoilers, AND a new poll.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

black_mirror

Bronze

Post by black_mirror » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 am

urmlaw17 wrote:I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I have my Stanford application ready and noticed that my application fee was not being waived. I was refreshing my page thinking it was a glitch but then realized that Stanford does not accept LSAC Fee Waiver.

I think they have a separate form that you can fill in.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 pm

black_mirror wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:I have a LSAC Fee waiver for applications.

I think they have a separate form that you can fill in.
They do. I thought it was a hassle so I just paid the $100.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:15 pm

#gobroncos wrote:
principalagent wrote:
Plus maybe people with numbers that strong usually apply as K-JD? If I'd had a slightly higher GPA I might've been more likely to consider it, but it seems like Stanford really likes WE

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”