Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

You just want a pretty Stanford to notice you, so you're taking to Instagram to post...

A selfie in a Stanford hat, Stanford sweatshirt, waving a Stanford flag, taken on the Stanford campus
12%
A casual photo from Cambridge, Mass. because jealousy is your friend
24%
That photo you got with Mark Zuckerberg during your Facebook internship
3%
That photo you got with Jesse Eisenberg + a witty caption thanking him for your Facebook internship
3%
A photo of rare books you haven't read with a vintage filter #learned
24%
A photo of you with nothing but a Stanford flag draped carefully over your body #comeatmecensors
27%
Already have my acceptance letter, so I'll just Insta that with some sunglass emojis ;)
7%

Total votes: 67

lobsicle

New

Re: Stanford Law Applicants c/o 2021

Post by lobsicle » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:26 am

Did everyone who was admitted yesterday receive a follow-up e-mail?

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:51 pm

etramak wrote:Officially above both medians as of today! Is it worth emailing schools like Stanford to notify them of my new score? I'm paranoid that it will be added to my file but adcoms wont notice.
Sorry if you've answered this before, but has your app been marked complete/under review even while registered for the December LSAT? I submitted my app a while ago and had a prior LSAT score on file but my status has been incomplete due to my Dec registration (it says no valid LSAT score on the status checker).

Also, congrats on your score! :D

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:02 pm

etramak wrote:
personpitch wrote:
etramak wrote:Officially above both medians as of today! Is it worth emailing schools like Stanford to notify them of my new score? I'm paranoid that it will be added to my file but adcoms wont notice.
Sorry if you've answered this before, but has your app been marked complete/under review even while registered for the December LSAT? I submitted my app a while ago and had a prior LSAT score on file but my status has been incomplete due to my Dec registration (it says no valid LSAT score on the status checker).

Also, congrats on your score! :D
Yes, I went complete and under review right away, but I had three prior LSAT takes already (one was a cancel).
Ah I see...that makes me worried as to why mine has been marked incomplete for so long!

Anyway, just speculation but it might depend on where your app is in the process. Their website makes it sound like applications are given an initial review and either admitted, rejected, or held until the end of cycle, at which point a second review is done. So, if your app is still been reviewed and hasn't been put on hold yet or accepted, then it makes more sense to send an email and make sure they see the updated score.

If your app has been put in the hold pile, it seems more likely that they will receive an updated LSAC report with your new score without need of an email when they do the second review.

The portion of the website I'm referencing is this:
Stanford Law uses a rolling admissions process, acting upon applications throughout the admissions season as they are completed. However, some applications are held until the committee has reviewed the entire applicant pool. This second review occurs in April, at which time the class will be filled.
But hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can provide more info!

ETA: I'm not sure if it's possible to tell whether or not an app is being held for the second review, so maybe this is entirely useless lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

New

Post by 64662722 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:28 am

Recent admits: do you have dates for ASW yet? Thanks!

seraph9

New

Post by seraph9 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:43 am

The ASW is April 14-16.

zhyunjc

New

Post by zhyunjc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:44 am

Sorry, I think I saw this addressed somewhere before, along with a link that had the answer (but I wasn't able to view it, for whatever reason) - but is there a status after 'file has been submitted for review?' Such as something to the effect of currently under review, etc. :oops:

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:02 am

zhyunjc wrote:Sorry, I think I saw this addressed somewhere before, along with a link that had the answer (but I wasn't able to view it, for whatever reason) - but is there a status after 'file has been submitted for review?' Such as something to the effect of currently under review, etc. :oops:
It looks like there aren't any additional statuses. I think this is the relevant info from the linked post you couldn't see; it lists the statuses the app tracker displays. (I've put brackets around/italicized the info that isn't an actual status but still included in the original post.)
Incomplete
Submitted for Review
[Shouldn’t take more than a few days]
[No date changes]
Acceptances: Phone
Area Code: 650
Last year, if your status changed to "decision letter sent" and you hadn't received a phone call or email, you had been waitlisted/dinged.
Here's a link to that thread--maybe this one will work for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 am

Submitted yesterday. Along for the ride!

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Has anyone who was registered for the Dec. LSAT, applied before 12/2, and did not ask them to complete app before Dec. results were posted gone complete yet?

I've gone complete at a number of other places I've applied to in similar circumstances, but not here yet.

Edit: Submitted for review 1/8 8)
Last edited by personpitch on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:51 pm

I can't believe I most likely have to wait until April to get rejected.

In other news, how long does it take for SLS to send you a status checker?

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 am

kiklavan wrote:I can't believe I most likely have to wait until April to get rejected.

Be aware Stanford's adcom is on break until next Monday, IIRC

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:08 am

LSATuration wrote:
kiklavan wrote:I can't believe I most likely have to wait until April to get rejected.

Be aware Stanford's adcom is on break until next Monday, IIRC
Thank you!

black_mirror

Bronze

Post by black_mirror » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Just got the call from dean Deal!!! Status checker did not change. Stats in the profile. Submitted 10/13

LSATuration

Bronze

Post by LSATuration » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:20 pm

black_mirror wrote:Just got the call from dean Deal!!! Status checker did not change. Stats in the profile. Submitted 10/13
Congrats, you terrifying but occasionally heartwarming TV show!

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:21 pm

black_mirror wrote:Just got the call from dean Deal!!! Status checker did not change. Stats in the profile. Submitted 10/13
Nice! I have some hope of joining you but thinking back my supplemental response was so dumb they might just reject me on the spot :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Congratulations!!!! Those are some lovely numbers.

personpitch

New

Post by personpitch » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Congrats!! :D
etramak wrote: Nice! I have some hope of joining you but thinking back my supplemental response was so dumb they might just reject me on the spot :lol:
Just curious, did you end up emailing them about the new LSAT score? Despite my previous answer on this topic, I've grown increasingly anxious about ensuring my app was successfully updated with my Dec. score and don't know if I should email them lol

etramak

Silver

Post by etramak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:55 pm

personpitch wrote:
Congrats!! :D
etramak wrote: Nice! I have some hope of joining you but thinking back my supplemental response was so dumb they might just reject me on the spot :lol:
Just curious, did you end up emailing them about the new LSAT score? Despite my previous answer on this topic, I've grown increasingly anxious about ensuring my app was successfully updated with my Dec. score and don't know if I should email them lol
No..I went complete before the score came in and I know that LSAC sent it to them, so I didn't bother emailing

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 pm

Congrats!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

#gobroncos

Bronze

Post by #gobroncos » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Congratulations!

pewpewpew

New

Post by pewpewpew » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Called this morning. 173, below median GPA, top 5 undergrad, k-jd, submitted mid October.

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:09 pm

pewpewpew wrote:Called this morning. 173, below median GPA, top 5 undergrad, k-jd, submitted mid October.
you are having a killer cycle based off your two posts, congrats!! and congrats to everyone else who got in!
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

black_mirror

Bronze

Post by black_mirror » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:13 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:
pewpewpew wrote:Called this morning. 173, below median GPA, top 5 undergrad, k-jd, submitted mid October.
you are having a killer cycle based off your two posts, congrats!! and congrats to everyone else who got in!
Thank you!!! Yup, can't complain :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”