UC Irvine c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NukinFutz

Bronze

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by NukinFutz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:57 pm

luna2 wrote:Admission package came! :) YAYYYYY!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck to those still waiting! I hope you all hear back soon!
When were you admitted? I am still waiting on my admissions packet (I was admitted on 1/19). Secondly, did they send scholly info with the admit packet? Thanks and congrats!

luna2

New

Post by luna2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:27 pm

NukinFutz wrote:

When were you admitted? I am still waiting on my admissions packet (I was admitted on 1/19). Secondly, did they send scholly info with the admit packet? Thanks and congrats!

I was admitted on the 19th too! And yes, the scholly info came with the admit packet. They seem generous but I’m going to try negotiating it since I got in to Emory with 105k.

NukinFutz

Bronze

Post by NukinFutz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:35 pm

luna2 wrote:
NukinFutz wrote:

I was admitted on the 19th too! And yes, the scholly info came with the admit packet. They seem generous but I’m going to try negotiating it since I got in to Emory with 105k.
Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it. And congrats! I love it when large discounts on law school tuition come in the mail :D From what I see on LSN they have a pretty standardized scholarship allocation. I do hope you have success though in getting an increase. Make sure to leave a buck or two for us poor saps still waiting. :wink:

it's allgood

Bronze

Post by it's allgood » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 pm

daiff wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
daiff wrote:
abcdefg1234567 wrote:Current 1L here. Lemme know if you have any questions!

Thank you for taking questions.

How's the social life for 1L at UCI. Is it as collegial as people say?

How's Irvine in terms of places to hang, explore or spend weekends, if there is any weekend. Any nightlife or bars in the area?
There is "bar review" most thursdays which is hanging out at a different bar in OC each time. The students are very nice not just 1Ls, the 2Ls and 3Ls also. There are places to hang out in Irvine like the Spectrum but even more if you expand to other parts of OC -- like Newport, Orange, etc.
Thank you for the info. Sounds great. I see that on-campus housing is guaranteed. Do you know most of law students live on or off-campus. And do you know anything about the rent off campus.
Most live on-campus. Rent off campus is at least twice as much. Like a studio in irvine is about $1800 and it just goes up from there. Our 2 bedroom on campus is about $1100.

luv2law

New

Post by luv2law » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey everyone! I have not received an acceptance email from Irvine yet, but today I received an email from UCI Admissions inviting me to "Admitted Students Weekend"! Has this happened to anyone else?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

luv2law

New

Post by luv2law » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm

luv2law wrote:Hey everyone! I have not received an acceptance email from Irvine yet, but today I received an email from UCI Admissions inviting me to "Admitted Students Weekend"! Has this happened to anyone else?
UPDATE: I called and I was admitted on 02/05!! I am seriously so happy, UCI was my first choice. The admissions person on the phone said that she's not sure why I didn't receive the acceptance email, and she'll resend everything. I also don't know why I didn't receive the email, it wasn't in any of my folders or spam. Additionally, I received all the confirmations that they received my application and such. Oh well, I'm just very excited!

jsmedley

New

Post by jsmedley » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 am

luv2law wrote:
luv2law wrote:Hey everyone! I have not received an acceptance email from Irvine yet, but today I received an email from UCI Admissions inviting me to "Admitted Students Weekend"! Has this happened to anyone else?
UPDATE: I called and I was admitted on 02/05!! I am seriously so happy, UCI was my first choice. The admissions person on the phone said that she's not sure why I didn't receive the acceptance email, and she'll resend everything. I also don't know why I didn't receive the email, it wasn't in any of my folders or spam. Additionally, I received all the confirmations that they received my application and such. Oh well, I'm just very excited!
Good for you!! Congratulations! Question for you, if you don't mind--what kind of email did you receive stating that your application was complete and under review? I got an email in mid January after submitting mine, and it only stated that if the department doesn't request anything more, that my file was classified as "under review." I emailed them separately and told admissions to look at my LSAT scores as is, despite being enrolled in the LSAT this Saturday. I'm hesitant to email them again to ask if it truly is being reviewed with the current scores, but I noticed some folks received acceptance emails on Monday who applied in the same time frame as I did, and I'm nervous that they haven't considered mine yet!

Anyhow, rambling aside--did anyone receive a status tracker, or another email certifying that the application is formally under review aside from the aforementioned email?

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:49 am

jsmedley wrote:
luv2law wrote:

I don't think UC Irvine holds applications if you are registered for a future LSAT. I was accepted while registered for Dec lsat

Good for you!! Congratulations! Question for you, if you don't mind--what kind of email did you receive stating that your application was complete and under review? I got an email in mid January after submitting mine, and it only stated that if the department doesn't request anything more, that my file was classified as "under review." I emailed them separately and told admissions to look at my LSAT scores as is, despite being enrolled in the LSAT this Saturday. I'm hesitant to email them again to ask if it truly is being reviewed with the current scores, but I noticed some folks received acceptance emails on Monday who applied in the same time frame as I did, and I'm nervous that they haven't considered mine yet!

Anyhow, rambling aside--did anyone receive a status tracker, or another email certifying that the application is formally under review aside from the aforementioned email?

jsmedley

New

Post by jsmedley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:40 am

That's interesting...when I emailed them to ask if my application could be reviewed as is, they stated that they were indeed holding it, but would note on my record that I wanted it reviewed now. Maybe you were so outstanding that they couldn't wait! ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

scp424

New

Post by scp424 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Submitted 11/20 and still nothing yet. So weird UCI does not have a status checker. Worried sick.

studystudystudy

New

Post by studystudystudy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 am

jsmedley wrote:
luv2law wrote:

I submitted mine on 12/31/17. I got a received email on 1/2/18 for the app being received and then the LSAC CAS being received. Nothing between then and my acceptance email on 2/5/18

jsmedley

New

Post by jsmedley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 am

scp424 wrote:Submitted 11/20 and still nothing yet. So weird UCI does not have a status checker. Worried sick.
Holy moly, that's quite the wait! Crossing my fingers for both of us :)

luv2law

New

Post by luv2law » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:57 pm

jsmedley wrote:
luv2law wrote:

I sent my application on 10/24 and went complete on 10/30. On 10/30 I received two emails, one stated that my application had been complete and the second stated that their office had received my LSAC CAS report. The second email also had an application component checklist, which showed that I had turned in all the required components. I also wish they had a status checker! These past months of waiting have been hard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kennedymyers

New

Post by kennedymyers » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi! I went complete on 11/24 and because I still haven't received a decision, I called. They said they sent my decision by mail but they won't email a decision explaining that it only comes by mail. I'm confused because many of you received notice by email. Does this mean I didn't get in? Do they send rejections by mail or something?
Anyone have any insight?

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 pm

it's allgood wrote:
daiff wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
daiff wrote:

How's Irvine in terms of places to hang, explore or spend weekends, if there is any weekend. Any nightlife or bars in the area?
There is "bar review" most thursdays which is hanging out at a different bar in OC each time. The students are very nice not just 1Ls, the 2Ls and 3Ls also. There are places to hang out in Irvine like the Spectrum but even more if you expand to other parts of OC -- like Newport, Orange, etc.
Thank you for the info. Sounds great. I see that on-campus housing is guaranteed. Do you know most of law students live on or off-campus. And do you know anything about the rent off campus.
Most live on-campus. Rent off campus is at least twice as much. Like a studio in irvine is about $1800 and it just goes up from there. Our 2 bedroom on campus is about $1100.

Do you know how hard it is to get a 1 bedroom or a studio??

darthrevan92

New

Post by darthrevan92 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 pm

Does anyone know when the ABA reports will be released for the Class of 2017? I would like to see how UCI performed employment wise for Class of 2017!

scp424

New

Post by scp424 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:46 pm

kennedymyers wrote:Hi! I went complete on 11/24 and because I still haven't received a decision, I called. They said they sent my decision by mail but they won't email a decision explaining that it only comes by mail. I'm confused because many of you received notice by email. Does this mean I didn't get in? Do they send rejections by mail or something?
Anyone have any insight?

Hi, have you received your mail? I went complete around the same time as you, and still no email yet... wonder if the decision comes in mail :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

abcdefg1234567

Bronze

Post by abcdefg1234567 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:43 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
daiff wrote:
it's allgood wrote:
daiff wrote:

Do you know how hard it is to get a 1 bedroom or a studio??
UCI offers guaranteed graduate housing. I was able to secure a 1 bedroom right across fro the law school fairly easily. Just make sure all your paperwork is submitted before the deadline.

abcdefg1234567

Bronze

Post by abcdefg1234567 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

darthrevan92 wrote:Does anyone know when the ABA reports will be released for the Class of 2017? I would like to see how UCI performed employment wise for Class of 2017!
It’s usually 9 months after graduation. I believe last year’s stats came out 3/15.

harveybirdman101

New

Post by harveybirdman101 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 pm

Anyone received an acceptance or denial notice recently? I applied here back in January.

cats4evr

New

Post by cats4evr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:19 pm

harveybirdman101 wrote:Anyone received an acceptance or denial notice recently? I applied here back in January.
I applied in Jan and haven't heard back yet either. Hopefully soon! :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jtrev96

New

Post by jtrev96 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Anyone know if there is an admitted student facebook group or a group for housing?

jtrev96

New

Post by jtrev96 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Anyone know if there is an admitted student facebook group or a group for housing?

lgsb2014

New

Post by lgsb2014 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:13 pm

kennedymyers wrote:Hi! I went complete on 11/24 and because I still haven't received a decision, I called. They said they sent my decision by mail but they won't email a decision explaining that it only comes by mail. I'm confused because many of you received notice by email. Does this mean I didn't get in? Do they send rejections by mail or something?
Anyone have any insight?
Some people on reddit that have gotten a letter from irvine via snail-mail have been rejections =/
Most people that got admitted said they were told via e-mail and then sent the admission packet via snail mail.

harveybirdman101

New

Post by harveybirdman101 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:06 pm

lgsb2014 wrote:
Anyone have any insight?
Some people on reddit that have gotten a letter from irvine via snail-mail have been rejections =/
Most people that got admitted said they were told via e-mail and then sent the admission packet via snail mail.
Rejections and waitlists are coming via snail mail it appears.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”