Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Versailles1919

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby Versailles1919 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:17 pm

par283 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
waffle485 wrote:So is the consensus that if your status tracker lists a seat deposit but you haven't gotten an email then they are sending the decision via mail?


I got an acceptance email just now!



Same! CONGRATS!!

Anyone seriously considering Notre Dame? They're one of my top picks!


ND is my top pick! Just can't make any decisions until the scholarship/financial aid info comes in. Hope the overall cost of attendance ends up being reasonable!

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby par283 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Versailles1919 wrote:
par283 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
waffle485 wrote:So is the consensus that if your status tracker lists a seat deposit but you haven't gotten an email then they are sending the decision via mail?


I got an acceptance email just now!



Same! CONGRATS!!

Anyone seriously considering Notre Dame? They're one of my top picks!


ND is my top pick! Just can't make any decisions until the scholarship/financial aid info comes in. Hope the overall cost of attendance ends up being reasonable!


Same, hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. I have money at WUSTL, so I'll try and negotiate!

User avatar
Versailles1919

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby Versailles1919 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:48 pm

So this is what it says on the admitted students portal about scholarship:

"The Scholarship Committee plans to finalize the initial round of Regular Decision scholarship awards in mid-February. The Scholarship Committee will continue to issue awards throughout the application cycle."

Does that mean we will find out about scholarships by mid-February or that's when it begins and you can find out even later than that? It mentioned somewhere that they finalize all decisions about scholarships for everyone admitted through the end of January and you receive a letter even if you didn't get one. So I think scholarship or not, we find out by mid-february. Just want to see what everyone else thinks!

User avatar
NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby NeneLeakesss_409 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:
par283 wrote:Did anyone who is on decision made get an email yet? I haven't seen anything.


Not me

Does this mean WL or rejection? :(

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby par283 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
par283 wrote:Did anyone who is on decision made get an email yet? I haven't seen anything.


Not me

Does this mean WL or rejection? :(


Our emails came last night saying we were in. Do you have seat deposits shown on the status checker? if so, you're in.

User avatar
NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby NeneLeakesss_409 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

par283 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
par283 wrote:Did anyone who is on decision made get an email yet? I haven't seen anything.


Not me

Does this mean WL or rejection? :(


Our emails came last night saying we were in. Do you have seat deposits shown on the status checker? if so, you're in.

I don't have seat deposits shown on the status checker. My status checker just says "Decision Made 1/10" and at the top it says "The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email. If more than 2 weeks has passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office (LawAdmit@nd.edu or 574-631-6626) to confirm your mailing address."

User avatar
sabraph

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby sabraph » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Have not switched to decision made/no seat deposits. I went complete 11/13, had a date change 1/10 and again today 1/11. Is this normal? It seems strange and a bit like a bad omen.

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:07 pm

sabraph wrote:Have not switched to decision made/no seat deposits. I went complete 11/13, had a date change 1/10 and again today 1/11. Is this normal? It seems strange and a bit like a bad omen.


Same here. Complete 12/7, date changes 1/3 and 1/5... Hoping we're in the next wave!

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby par283 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
par283 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:
par283 wrote:Did anyone who is on decision made get an email yet? I haven't seen anything.


Not me

Does this mean WL or rejection? :(


Our emails came last night saying we were in. Do you have seat deposits shown on the status checker? if so, you're in.

I don't have seat deposits shown on the status checker. My status checker just says "Decision Made 1/10" and at the top it says "The Admissions Committee has completed their review of your application. Your decision has been mailed to you. We DO NOT release decisions by telephone or email. If more than 2 weeks has passed and you have not received your decision letter, please contact the Admissions Office (LawAdmit@nd.edu or 574-631-6626) to confirm your mailing address."


I had the same message, and then when I scrolled down to fees/deposits (whatever its called). It showed the amount for both seat deposits, and then we got the email the next day. Hopefully you'll find out soon when the letter shows up!

JC420

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby JC420 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm

sabraph wrote:Have not switched to decision made/no seat deposits. I went complete 11/13, had a date change 1/10 and again today 1/11. Is this normal? It seems strange and a bit like a bad omen.


I went complete 11/14 and had a date change on 12/12 and no change since. Hopefully we hear back soon

stlouisiana

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby stlouisiana » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Yeah I’m in the same boat as a lot of y’all. Submitted 11/1, date changed last on 12/4 :|

tpeters

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby tpeters » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:21 pm

I submitted 11/13... 3 date changes, last being 12/18. Not sure if it means good, bad, or nothing.

paralegaltolawyer3

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby paralegaltolawyer3 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm

Sending good vibes to everyone UR! For those attending admitted students weekend, are you planning on going to the one in March or April?

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm

I'm now up to 4 dates changes... wtf :?:

ltepen

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby ltepen » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:I'm now up to 4 dates changes... wtf :?:

Same! After going through 3 quick date changes from late November to 12/4 I just checked and have a date change yesterday (12/11). Maybe a sign, maybe nothing... Weird, either way.

jgadient76

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby jgadient76 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:29 am

ND was the first school I applied to and it is the last to give a decision. Why can't they just hurry up?

theurbanzone

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby theurbanzone » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:44 pm

Submitted on 12/5 and have been complete "and ready for review" since then. I don't think my app has even been reviewed based on the status. Is this a bad/ neutral thing? URM with >50 GPA and ~ 50 LSAT score. Would appreciate thoughts - thanks.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm

theurbanzone wrote:Submitted on 12/5 and have been complete "and ready for review" since then. I don't think my app has even been reviewed based on the status. Is this a bad/ neutral thing? URM with >50 GPA and ~ 50 LSAT score. Would appreciate thoughts - thanks.



I wouldn't think too much into it. I went from complete -> admitted. I'm sure with your stats, itll be a good outcome!!

NukinFutz

Bronze
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby NukinFutz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm

theurbanzone wrote:Submitted on 12/5 and have been complete "and ready for review" since then. I don't think my app has even been reviewed based on the status. Is this a bad/ neutral thing? URM with >50 GPA and ~ 50 LSAT score. Would appreciate thoughts - thanks.


I have been sitting at "complete" for a while too. Glad to hear this doesn't necessarily mean I am sitting in their trash pile with fairly competitive numbers. Did most people's status checker actually say "in review" or just changing of dates while "complete"?

tpeters

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby tpeters » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm

NukinFutz wrote:
theurbanzone wrote:Submitted on 12/5 and have been complete "and ready for review" since then. I don't think my app has even been reviewed based on the status. Is this a bad/ neutral thing? URM with >50 GPA and ~ 50 LSAT score. Would appreciate thoughts - thanks.


I have been sitting at "complete" for a while too. Glad to hear this doesn't necessarily mean I am sitting in their trash pile with fairly competitive numbers. Did most people's status checker actually say "in review" or just changing of dates while "complete"?



App complete with date changes. Lets hope for a wave tomorrow?

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Four date changes and finally status changed to 'Decision Made' with seat deposits! Two rejections this week so an in feels damn good

Complete 12/7, 1/3, 1/5, 1/11

User avatar
sconnie1796

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby sconnie1796 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:17 pm

Just got third date change. Complete 11/7, 11/27, 1/17. This wait is brutal.

ltepen

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby ltepen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm

sconnie1796 wrote:Just got third date change. Complete 11/7, 11/27, 1/17. This wait is brutal.


Absolutely brutal, especially since others are getting decisions today. I've had 4 or 5 date changes, but none today. I wish the best for you!

tpeters

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:56 am

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby tpeters » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:22 pm

ltepen wrote:
sconnie1796 wrote:Just got third date change. Complete 11/7, 11/27, 1/17. This wait is brutal.


Absolutely brutal, especially since others are getting decisions today. I've had 4 or 5 date changes, but none today. I wish the best for you!


We are all living the same life right now

kelsymshay

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Postby kelsymshay » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:12 pm

paralegaltolawyer3 wrote:Sending good vibes to everyone UR! For those attending admitted students weekend, are you planning on going to the one in March or April?

March :)



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests