Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawdaddy1

New

Re: Notre Dame Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-18)

Post by lawdaddy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Decision made! Seat deposits listed. Hope this is a good sign! My complete date hadn't updated since 11/22.....

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 pm

My date just changed again. Changed for the first time yesterday, then again today. What is happeninggg!?

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:05 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:Decision made! Seat deposits listed. Hope this is a good sign! My complete date hadn't updated since 11/22.....
Your last date change was 11/22? When did it go decision made?

littlelibertine

Bronze

Post by littlelibertine » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Applied this morning!

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Decision made just this morning. I also thought it strange that my date hadn't changed when so many others were getting a few date changes.
Hoping for the best!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bas1

New

Post by bas1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Has anyone who went "decision made" today received an email yet? I know on the status checker it says they mail the decision but others in this thread have gotten emails
Last edited by bas1 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sharktank1515

New

Post by Sharktank1515 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:52 pm

bas1 wrote:Has anyone who went "decision made" today received an email yet? I know on the status checker it says they mail the decision but others in this thread have gotten emails
I've heard they email acceptances next day. Do you have seat deposit info listed?

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Nope, went decision made this morning and impatiently waiting for the email.
I saw in last years cycle there were some who went decision made that waited a week
for the email, others got it same day. It appears that if there is a seat deposit listed it is a good
sign. I find it pretty strange that they send the rejection notification by snail mail. Seems a bit
harsh.

Versailles1919

New

Post by Versailles1919 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:01 pm

lawdaddy1 wrote:Nope, went decision made this morning and impatiently waiting for the email.
I saw in last years cycle there were some who went decision made that waited a week
for the email, others got it same day. It appears that if there is a seat deposit listed it is a good
sign. I find it pretty strange that they send the rejection notification by snail mail. Seems a bit
harsh.
I don't know if it helps at all, but I went "Decision Made" with seat deposits listed and the next day I received the email. Everyone who had seat deposits listed so far has been admitted. I thought to myself at the time that it wouldn't make sense to tell a waitlisted or rejected student when to deposit. So I offer you an early congrats! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:10 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Good to get some positive reinforcement in these stressful
waiting days! :)

thatguy2017

New

Post by thatguy2017 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm

Has anyone been accepted that didn't have fees posted immediately when their decision status changed to decision made? Also has anyone else had decision made yet today and not had fees post? Just wondering if there is precedent for a delay this year (past threads have shown some people at this point in the cycle having a delay of a day or so on the fees) or if I will be on the snail mail watch :(

reesewithoutherspoon

New

Post by reesewithoutherspoon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:00 am

Current NDLS students/alumni: In your opinion, how conservative (both politically and socially) are the administration, faculty, & general student body?

I am really interested in ND, but I went to a super conservative UG and am not sure I want to go that route again.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 am

reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Current NDLS students/alumni: In your opinion, how conservative (both politically and socially) are the administration, faculty, & general student body?

I am really interested in ND, but I went to a super conservative UG and am not sure I want to go that route again.
3L here.

I honestly don’t know how conservative the administration is and haven’t got a ton of “hints” how they lean (besides of course being at a Catholic school). I will say that being Notre Dame, many of the guest speakers will be high profile people who lean right (but RBG came last year).

The faculty varies. I’d say slightly conservative, and more conservative scholars than most schools. But many (I would say) would lean left/take different positions. You’ll see many federalist society members and former conservative SCOTUS clerks. I will add for 1L classes a professors political philosophy will almost have no impact how a class is taught or graded.

The students, to my surprise, generally are pretty liberal. Many lean left. I previously worked for a what would be FORMELY considered a practical/moderate republican in Congress (and now would be considered a unicorn) and would say I lean more right that many of my classmates. Again, just being ND there is a larger contingent of people who lean right than like where I went to undergrad where everyone was generally liberal.

This post is honestly the most I’ve thought about political leanings at the school and ND is not pervasively one leaning or another to give someone a bad experience IMO. YMMV

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:18 am

In. Got the email this morning, a day after the status change to "Decision made". Woohoo!
And it's Friday so a few beverages to celebrate should be on tap. :D

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am

I'm guessing rejection or WL for me then based on what folks are posting - I have decision made yesterday (1/4) with a decision mailed - and it explicitly says they don't relay decision via email / phone....

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 am

Yes, as soon as it went "Decision made" the seat deposit was listed.

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:33 am

foregetaboutdre wrote:
reesewithoutherspoon wrote:Current NDLS students/alumni: In your opinion, how conservative (both politically and socially) are the administration, faculty, & general student body?

3L here.

I honestly don’t know how conservative the administration is and haven’t got a ton of “hints” how they lean (besides of course being at a Catholic school). I will say that being Notre Dame, many of the guest speakers will be high profile people who lean right (but RBG came last year).

The faculty varies. I’d say slightly conservative, and more conservative scholars than most schools. But many (I would say) would lean left/take different positions. You’ll see many federalist society members and former conservative SCOTUS clerks. I will add for 1L classes a professors political philosophy will almost have no impact how a class is taught or graded.

The students, to my surprise, generally are pretty liberal. Many lean left. I previously worked for a what would be FORMELY considered a practical/moderate republican in Congress (and now would be considered a unicorn) and would say I lean more right that many of my classmates. Again, just being ND there is a larger contingent of people who lean right than like where I went to undergrad where everyone was generally liberal.

This post is honestly the most I’ve thought about political leanings at the school and ND is not pervasively one leaning or another to give someone a bad experience IMO. YMMV

Additional question that isn't about political leanings: How are the winters in ND? Asking as a northeasterner who just got cyclone-bombed

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

grrlater

New

Post by grrlater » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:47 am

Does anybody know when or how they send out scholarship info? Didn't say anything about it in the admissions email I just got ....

lawdaddy1

New

Post by lawdaddy1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:02 am

ED folks have already found out. RD peeps scholly review starts mid February.

gmenold

New

Post by gmenold » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:20 am

thatguy2017 wrote:Has anyone been accepted that didn't have fees posted immediately when their decision status changed to decision made? Also has anyone else had decision made yet today and not had fees post? Just wondering if there is precedent for a delay this year (past threads have shown some people at this point in the cycle having a delay of a day or so on the fees) or if I will be on the snail mail watch :(

I'm interested in this as well. I imagine I'll just be waiting for the rejection in the mailbox, but maybe not?

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am

Just got second date change. Ugh. Super anxious. I very much want to attend ND and it looks like I probably won't find out until next week.

If you excuse me, I'm off to feed my irrational side by doing things to try to bring about good luck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:14 pm

I got in this morning:) - just FYI I didn’t have any under review date changes!

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Post by foregetaboutdre » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:39 pm

hamshotfirst wrote:
foregetaboutdre wrote:

3L here.

Additional question that isn't about political leanings: How are the winters in ND? Asking as a northeasterner who just got cyclone-bombed
Probably the same as the NE, with arguably more snow esp if you’re not from Buffalo or something. The lake effect snow gives you more snow then say like Detroit.

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:47 am

I've had three date changes so far. 12/7 --> 1/3 --> 1/5. Is this normal?

seanbodonovan

New

Post by seanbodonovan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:14 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:I've had three date changes so far. 12/7 --> 1/3 --> 1/5. Is this normal?
Seems like last year most people had two or three.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”