Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
4
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
18
15%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
4
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
6
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
8
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
71
60%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
3
3%
In high school, lurking
3
3%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 am

Veil of Ignorance wrote:When are we predicting that the next wave of scholarships is going to come out? Any chance of this Friday?

I don’t think they really “wave” out so to speak. They roll out as they’re ready.

Veil of Ignorance wrote:
RSolano wrote:What percentage of students interviewed for darrows are offered the scholarship?

Thanks!


Did you get your Darrow invite in your scholarship email? Or did it come with your admission?


It comes instead of a scholarship email. And it’ll come shortly for you, should it come. (I think the scholarship turnaround is a week or so now)

RSolano

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby RSolano » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Yeah 4 days between acceptance email and Darrow invite for me

solennita

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby solennita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

GOT THE CALL FOR DARROW! :D
Last edited by solennita on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby principalagent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm

solennita wrote:GOT THE CALL FOR DARROW! :D


Congrats!!!

User avatar
LiveJustly390

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby LiveJustly390 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 pm

principalagent wrote:
Veil of Ignorance wrote:When are we predicting that the next wave of scholarships is going to come out? Any chance of this Friday?

I don’t think they really “wave” out so to speak. They roll out as they’re ready.

Veil of Ignorance wrote:
RSolano wrote:What percentage of students interviewed for darrows are offered the scholarship?

Thanks!


Did you get your Darrow invite in your scholarship email? Or did it come with your admission?


It comes instead of a scholarship email. And it’ll come shortly for you, should it come. (I think the scholarship turnaround is a week or so now)


It’s been 9 days since my acceptance... should I be worried I haven’t gotten the scholarship email yet?? Or am I just being crazy (probably the latter.)

needmylsat180

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby needmylsat180 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Does Mich law status checker have updates on URs? or they go directly from complete to decision?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 748
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby etramak » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zero Hedge

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Zero Hedge » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Any other December takers still sitting at “Incomplete - In Process”? My app was received on 1/2 and it’s my only one that has yet to go complete.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby dietcoked » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Zero Hedge wrote:Any other December takers still sitting at “Incomplete - In Process”? My app was received on 1/2 and it’s my only one that has yet to go complete.


Me too :( I love Dean Z - let me show you how much I love you by going complete!!

RSolano

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby RSolano » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:59 pm

solennita wrote:GOT THE CALL FOR DARROW! :D



Congrats!! Any tips or thoughts on the interview?

rowdy

Bronze
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby rowdy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Wow, brutal article about Ann Arbor in the Washington Post.\

(Checking in btw)

kippercd

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby kippercd » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 pm

rowdy wrote:Wow, brutal article about Ann Arbor in the Washington Post.\

(Checking in btw)

i see what you did there
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manchesterengland

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby manchesterengland » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:03 pm

rowdy wrote:Wow, brutal article about Ann Arbor in the Washington Post.\

(Checking in btw)


You're making my west coast heart anxious just thinking about it.

solennita

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby solennita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm

principalagent wrote:
solennita wrote:GOT THE CALL FOR DARROW! :D


Congrats!!!


Thank you!!! Hasn’t quite hit me yet but definitely lifted my mood today!

RSolano wrote:
solennita wrote:GOT THE CALL FOR DARROW! :D



Congrats!! Any tips or thoughts on the interview?


It was really low-pressure, and I had a pretty great time with it (despite the fact that I had been working 13hour days for about a week straight at that point for a filing and almost missed the call because of craziness at work so my brain was very much not prepared!) but feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about it!
Last edited by solennita on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solennita

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby solennita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:18 pm

manchesterengland wrote:
rowdy wrote:Wow, brutal article about Ann Arbor in the Washington Post.\

(Checking in btw)


You're making my west coast heart anxious just thinking about it.


I’m from Florida and survived 4 years in Ann Arbor, part of it during the polar vortex, and I’ll tell you one thing— everything that makes AA amazing heavily outweighs the winters ;)

And I’ll add this if anyone is curious— I love Ann Arbor so much and have visited pretty often post-grad, so if anyone wants to ask or talk about living there feel free to PM me :)
Last edited by solennita on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manchesterengland

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:59 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby manchesterengland » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:21 pm

solennita wrote:
manchesterengland wrote:
rowdy wrote:Wow, brutal article about Ann Arbor in the Washington Post.\

(Checking in btw)


You're making my west coast heart anxious just thinking about it.


I’m from Florida and survived 4 years in Ann Arbor, part of it during the polar vortex, and I’ll tell you one thing— everything that makes AA amazing heavily outweighs the winters ;)

And I’ll add this if anyone is curious— I love Ann Arbor so much and have visited pretty often post-grad, so if anyone wants to ask or talk about living there feel free to PM me :)


Good to hear! I've managed to survive a few New York winters myself, though I know they aren't on the same level. I'm still waiting on a decision, and am finding it a pretty interesting coincidence that all my acceptances so far are on the west coast or in the south...

LorneMalvo

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby LorneMalvo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm

What is everyone's take on fee waivers and letters encouraging to apply to Michigan? I applied weeks ago, but got a letter in the mail with some Michigan materials. The letter seemed pretty standard (encouraging me to apply, we know you're Latino here's some info on Latino organizations, etc) but at the end there was a handwritten part that said "PS: We love getting people from [My Undergrad]". Is this unusual? I don't want to get my hopes too high because I'm median LSAT and >25th GPA.

dietcoked

Bronze
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby dietcoked » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 am

LorneMalvo wrote:What is everyone's take on fee waivers and letters encouraging to apply to Michigan? I applied weeks ago, but got a letter in the mail with some Michigan materials. The letter seemed pretty standard (encouraging me to apply, we know you're Latino here's some info on Latino organizations, etc) but at the end there was a handwritten part that said "PS: We love getting people from [My Undergrad]". Is this unusual? I don't want to get my hopes too high because I'm median LSAT and >25th GPA.


I got a similar letter before I even had my best LSAT score so I'm not sure what, if anything, it means anything. I also got that same handwritten note. At the time, I thought I was special because I went to a women's college like Dean Z, but now I think not. :( Also, I'm pretty sure they got the school I went to wrong. It seemed to say "We love getting people from "Q". My school definitely does not start with a Q lol. Still really got me to love Michigan though - so I guess mailers work.

Veil of Ignorance

Bronze
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 am

.
Last edited by Veil of Ignorance on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luuuna

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:53 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby luuuna » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 am

Have anyone got a waitlist yet? seems there is no waitlist but only rejs so far?

User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey guys you think it's a good idea if K barge into Dean Z's office crying and yelling "plz accept meh"? I feel like that would work

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby urmlaw17 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:31 pm

just check status checker.

I was Denied.

Ding!

Went from Complete -> Deny.

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby par283 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:just check status checker.

I was Denied.

Ding!

Went from Complete -> Deny.


We have the exact same stats (except I'm not a URM) and I'm still on complete. Mind sharing when you submitted?

User avatar
JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby JamesBlahDeBlah » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:46 pm

mwells56 wrote:Hey guys you think it's a good idea if K barge into Dean Z's office crying and yelling "plz accept meh"? I feel like that would work


Couldn't hurt!...my chances
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSATuration

Bronze
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby LSATuration » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Honestly way more anxious about scholarship/aid email than the status checker.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests