Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your ~status~?

Accepted, attending, dancing in the streets
4
3%
Accepted, trying to figure out how to get more $$
17
15%
Accepted, waiting anxiously on my financial aid package
4
3%
Accepted, going to ASW 1
6
5%
Accepted, going to ASW 2
8
7%
Waiting anxiously on my acceptance
71
61%
Getting my apps in over winter break
1
1%
Applying in February just for the heck of it, will be reapplying
3
3%
In high school, lurking
3
3%
 
Total votes: 117

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

LSATuration wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:What's the average amount of time it takes from when you get your status checker email to when your app is complete?


Mine took 2 weeks

yeah about 2 weeks

theharleyquinn

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby theharleyquinn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:50 pm

In via status checker!

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby etramak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but what is the wait time between acceptance via email and receipt of acceptance package?

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby principalagent » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:27 pm

etramak wrote:I'm sure this has been asked and answered but what is the wait time between acceptance via email and receipt of acceptance package?

Mine was mailed the next business day.

WilliamFaulkner

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby WilliamFaulkner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:47 pm

theharleyquinn wrote:In via status checker!


Congrats! When did you submit?

089234

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby 089234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:58 pm

If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?

kippercd

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby kippercd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm

089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?

I went complete on 11/30 and just got in, so dont give up
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bosshawg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby bosshawg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 pm

089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?


I'm with you, complete 11/20 not feeling great

theharleyquinn

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby theharleyquinn » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm

WilliamFaulkner wrote:
theharleyquinn wrote:In via status checker!


Congrats! When did you submit?


I went complete 12/11

089234

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby 089234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:30 pm

bosshawg wrote:
089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?


I'm with you, complete 11/20 not feeling great


Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm 171/3.9 and thought I'd be a good fit at Michigan aghhhh :/

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby etramak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:36 pm

089234 wrote:
bosshawg wrote:
089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?


I'm with you, complete 11/20 not feeling great


Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm 171/3.9 and thought I'd be a good fit at Michigan aghhhh :/


I have similar stats and went complete 11/20 but only heard back this weekend. There's still a good chance they're still reviewing your file, I think!

089234

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby 089234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:41 pm

etramak wrote:
089234 wrote:
bosshawg wrote:
089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?


I'm with you, complete 11/20 not feeling great


Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm 171/3.9 and thought I'd be a good fit at Michigan aghhhh :/


I have similar stats and went complete 11/20 but only heard back this weekend. There's still a good chance they're still reviewing your file, I think!


Awesome, that gives me some hope--thanks. (& Congrats!!!)

User avatar
LiveJustly390

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby LiveJustly390 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:15 pm

I was admitted this morning!!! Super excited.

User avatar
bosshawg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby bosshawg » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:16 pm

etramak wrote:
089234 wrote:
bosshawg wrote:
089234 wrote:If I went complete 11/17 and still haven't heard back should I give up all hope? It seems like people who went complete way later than I have already been accepted. Should I send some sort of LOCI? Any advice?


I'm with you, complete 11/20 not feeling great


Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm 171/3.9 and thought I'd be a good fit at Michigan aghhhh :/


I have similar stats and went complete 11/20 but only heard back this weekend. There's still a good chance they're still reviewing your file, I think!


Definitely makes me feel better, I'm a splitter

Eel2144

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Eel2144 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:48 am

Hi, this may be a dumb question, but does information on whether you receive a dean’s schlarship come with the acceptance letter or later? I just got my acceptance, and im thrilled, but there was no mention of money. My gpa is below median (3.6/170) so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no scholarship, but I just wanted to know.

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 am

Eel2144 wrote:Hi, this may be a dumb question, but does information on whether you receive a dean’s schlarship come with the acceptance letter or later? I just got my acceptance, and im thrilled, but there was no mention of money. My gpa is below median (3.6/170) so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no scholarship, but I just wanted to know.


It will come later. And congrats!!
Last edited by NavyNuke on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaydreamNation

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 am

Complete today! Extreme splitter an LSAT one point below median so I probably have no chance here but eh you never know I guess.

bababoom

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby bababoom » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:55 am

Eel2144 wrote:Hi, this may be a dumb question, but does information on whether you receive a dean’s schlarship come with the acceptance letter or later? I just got my acceptance, and im thrilled, but there was no mention of money. My gpa is below median (3.6/170) so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no scholarship, but I just wanted to know.


I got a Dean's scholarship and my GPA is 3.5 so don't count it out yet!!

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby DowsingForAJD » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 am

Eel2144 wrote:Hi, this may be a dumb question, but does information on whether you receive a dean’s schlarship come with the acceptance letter or later? I just got my acceptance, and im thrilled, but there was no mention of money. My gpa is below median so I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s no scholarship, but I just wanted to know.


Congratulations! You will definitely get some kind of scholarship. Looking at LST, only 17% of people at Michigan pay sticker. They like to spread the $$$ around and you will definitely get some, especially with an LSAT above median. Congrats again!
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 am

Eel, congrats! But I think people usually hear about $$$ like 1 week or more after acceptance, IIRC? So don't think you will not get any! :)

Eel2144

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Eel2144 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Yay, thank you all! :D

User avatar
ChutzpahSaxa15

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby ChutzpahSaxa15 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 pm

I was literally OVER THE MOON to get in!!! Dean Z is amazing and I want to be her when I grow up. Anyone know how generous Mich typically is with financial aid? Do they award it solely based on LSAT/GPA?

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Ntp73821 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:04 pm

ChutzpahSaxa15 wrote:I was literally OVER THE MOON to get in!!! Dean Z is amazing and I want to be her when I grow up. Anyone know how generous Mich typically is with financial aid? Do they award it solely based on LSAT/GPA?

I felt that my offer was very generous!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sandras

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby sandras » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Hello everyone, just wondering how long it took you guys to access the status checker after you submitted your application?

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Mikey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 pm

sandras wrote:Hello everyone, just wondering how long it took you guys to access the status checker after you submitted your application?

I got mine after a week of submitting. I also believe the majority of people wait about a week before getting it, although there are some people who got it faster.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DCLAWNW and 18 guests