Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your vibe on UM?

NUMBER ONE CHOICE SO HERE FOR IT
22
24%
Interested but only with $$$
52
58%
Only applying for scholarship negotiation
12
13%
What's UM?
4
4%
 
Total votes: 90

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby InterLaw » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:08 pm

chandhi wrote:we are starting to plan preview weekends for the spring, woooo

hope to see you all there


Well that doesn't depend on us :wink: , but yeah I think I'm speaking for everyone while saying that we hope to be there too!

malysh
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby malysh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:13 pm

saffles wrote:
malysh wrote:Also a 1L. Happy to answer questions :D

curry4bfast wrote:Also a current 1L, feel free to PM with questions about school/admissions/location/etc.


Know anyone in the Japanese Law program? I'm curious what kind of law will they cover...like Japanese Civil Law? Also, is there a language component? (I checked UM's website already but I got the "page could not be found" error when clicking on a link to the Japanese Law page)

Probably not a great person to answer this since i'm not interested in Japanese Law. That said, I remember during orientation week, at one of the talks, them mentioning a professor who has done a ton of work in Japanese Law...sadly, as this didn't pertain to me I wasn't paying attention and can't even direct you to who that person is :( I do know we have a pretty strong international law program, with its own branch in career services. I'm not sure but i'd be willing to bet that knowledge of a language is not necessary to study a particular type of international law.

saffles
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:46 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby saffles » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:10 pm

malysh wrote:
saffles wrote:
Know anyone in the Japanese Law program? I'm curious what kind of law will they cover...like Japanese Civil Law? Also, is there a language component? (I checked UM's website already but I got the "page could not be found" error when clicking on a link to the Japanese Law page)

Probably not a great person to answer this since i'm not interested in Japanese Law. That said, I remember during orientation week, at one of the talks, them mentioning a professor who has done a ton of work in Japanese Law...sadly, as this didn't pertain to me I wasn't paying attention and can't even direct you to who that person is :( I do know we have a pretty strong international law program, with its own branch in career services. I'm not sure but i'd be willing to bet that knowledge of a language is not necessary to study a particular type of international law.


Thank you anyway! I'll have to dig deeper then, haha. Hope you're enjoying your semester so far~

User avatar
Jack_Kelly
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Jack_Kelly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:27 pm

If I pretend I don't care about being close to friends and could afford it, UM is far and away my top choice. As is, idk.

DowsingForAJD
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby DowsingForAJD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm

Thought I'd already checked in but I guess not so here I am! Definitely a top choice for me.

HowardHamlin
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby HowardHamlin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 am

Checking in!

Veil of Ignorance
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

As someone just under a 3.8 GPA, their increase to 3.8 bums me out :x

User avatar
Zero Hedge
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:20 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Zero Hedge » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Checking in

User avatar
TheDuke0fEarl
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:39 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby TheDuke0fEarl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:02 pm

We have movement. I just received my status checker email. Still a top choice even after that heart-breaking loss to MSU. Let's go Blue!

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Heads will, of course, roll... hilarious. UMich got jokes :lol:

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby InterLaw » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 pm

E-mail received and app complete... Time to freak out! :mrgreen:

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:15 pm

InterLaw wrote:E-mail received and app complete... Time to freak out! :mrgreen:


Same *freaks out*

User avatar
xinaialice
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby xinaialice » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:15 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
InterLaw wrote:E-mail received and app complete... Time to freak out! :mrgreen:


Same *freaks out*


+1!!!!!!

emilyLl
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:13 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby emilyLl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:49 pm

xinaialice wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
InterLaw wrote:E-mail received and app complete... Time to freak out! :mrgreen:


Same *freaks out*


+1!!!!!!


+1! Anyone know when first acceptances went out last cycle?

rachelac
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby rachelac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 pm

emilyLl wrote:
xinaialice wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
InterLaw wrote:E-mail received and app complete... Time to freak out! :mrgreen:


Same *freaks out*


+1!!!!!!


+1! Anyone know when first acceptances went out last cycle?


The very end of October!

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby principalagent » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Status checker as well! Got very, very excited when I saw the email. I love the idea of Michigan a lot.

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby NavyNuke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:09 pm

principalagent wrote:Status checker as well! Got very, very excited when I saw the email. I love the idea of Michigan a lot.


+1

User avatar
GotLost
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby GotLost » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Status checker and complete! Time to freak out...

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1148
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Platopus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:57 pm

principalagent wrote:Status checker as well! Got very, very excited when I saw the email. I love the idea of Michigan a lot.


I got a call from Ann Arbor on Monday, and I live in Wisconsin. I was soo nervous, only to have some jackass try to sell me a mortgage....


Also, I'm just glad the status checker actually defines what all the "statuses" mean... No guessing

User avatar
texasreznikoff
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby texasreznikoff » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm

did anyone else get/die laughing at michigan's email that was like "you're a woman who went to an east coast liberal arts college, and i know what you're thinking: michigan = frats and football. well, it's not. not that all women hate that stuff! it's just that they sometimes do! it's ok if you like it! anyways, we were one of the first law schools to admit women, so don't worry." :roll:

rachelac
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby rachelac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 am

texasreznikoff wrote:did anyone else get/die laughing at michigan's email that was like "you're a woman who went to an east coast liberal arts college, and i know what you're thinking: michigan = frats and football. well, it's not. not that all women hate that stuff! it's just that they sometimes do! it's ok if you like it! anyways, we were one of the first law schools to admit women, so don't worry." :roll:


Honestly the Dean's sense of humor is making me miss the Midwest/prioritize Michigan HARD haha

rachelac
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 am

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby rachelac » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 pm

My status check is shown as updated today but stayed complete- is that me going UR2 or do they just update every day?

twtwtwtw
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby twtwtwtw » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

rachelac wrote:My status check is shown as updated today but stayed complete- is that me going UR2 or do they just update every day?


According to past thread, they update everyday.

Tavorak
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby Tavorak » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 pm

If I apply and select both summer and fall start, will that hurt or help the amount of scholarship money? Or neither?
I'm a splitter.

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Michigan Law c/o 2021 Applicants

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Tavorak wrote:If I apply and select both summer and fall start, will that hurt or help the amount of scholarship money? Or neither?
I'm a splitter.


Is summer start still a thing?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], D1toTier1, katie95, lobsicle, MichiganHoosier, SopranoSaxophone, tuna_wasabi, Yahoo [Bot] and 25 guests