Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bbwannabe

New

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Post by bbwannabe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

light_roast_covfefe

New

Post by light_roast_covfefe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 pm

Applied 10/11, interviewed 10/13.

https://media.giphy.com/media/snrDtXJBEiZwY/giphy.gif

:/

Tycho_Brohey

New

Post by Tycho_Brohey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Admitted today, just now.

I submitted Oct 30th (I think), interviewed on 11/27.

167/3.8x for my stats.

They said Scholly info would come in March. I’m hoping my December test will help me out in this department.
Last edited by Tycho_Brohey on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ebrook93

New

Post by ebrook93 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Tycho_Brohey wrote:Admitted today, just now.

167/3.82 for my stats.

They said Scholly info would come in March. I’m hoping my December test will help me out in this department.
Congrats! How did they notify you? Also, did your status checker update?

Tycho_Brohey

New

Post by Tycho_Brohey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

ebrook93 wrote: Congrats! How did they notify you? Also, did your status checker update?
Thank you! Via email. I won’t be able to check status until I get home, but I think I went complete on 11/27 after interviewing (I haven’t been checking status checkers at all really).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm

There's a wave today!

PWADatUNC

New

Post by PWADatUNC » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:45 pm

I went complete on November 6th, interviewed with admissions on November 8th, and have had 0 movement on my application. I'm still sitting at complete a month later. Is this normal for Vandy? Can i expect some movement after today if there was just a wave today, per the past couple posts?

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:51 pm

PWADatUNC wrote:I went complete on November 6th, interviewed with admissions on November 8th, and have had 0 movement on my application. I'm still sitting at complete a month later. Is this normal for Vandy? Can i expect some movement after today if there was just a wave today, per the past couple posts?
I had no movement on my application all the way up until my acceptance, so I wouldn't worry too much! I don't think they update the status checker after going complete.

PWADatUNC

New

Post by PWADatUNC » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:54 pm

TLS wrote:
PWADatUNC wrote:I went complete on November 6th, interviewed with admissions on November 8th, and have had 0 movement on my application. I'm still sitting at complete a month later. Is this normal for Vandy? Can i expect some movement after today if there was just a wave today, per the past couple posts?
I had no movement on my application all the way up until my acceptance, so I wouldn't worry too much! I don't think they update the status checker after going complete.
what were your dates? complete to admit

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dybbuk

New

Post by Dybbuk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 pm

I know this is about as useful as reading tea leaves, but I blanketed the lower T14, and Vandy, and WashU. I am basically right at their LSAT medians or just slightly below. In situations like that, is it generally better to be kept waiting? Ie: they didn't look straight at my numbers and reject me. Or do they sit on autoreject candidates for months. I have the flu and had to pull out of the December LSAT, so I'm trying to take what little hope remains.

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:58 pm

PWADatUNC wrote:
TLS wrote:
what were your dates? complete to admit
Submit 10/18, Complete 10/19, Admit 11/08 and I didn't get an update even after my interview, which I was a little worried about at the time.

bbwannabe

New

Post by bbwannabe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm

Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jibrahim23

New

Post by jibrahim23 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm

To those who were accepted, what does your status checker now say?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm

jibrahim23 wrote:To those who were accepted, what does your status checker now say?
It just says decision mailed and the "current status date" updates.

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 pm

ebrook93 wrote:
Tycho_Brohey wrote:Admitted today, just now.

167/3.82 for my stats.

Congrats! How did they notify you? Also, did your status checker update?

I got accepted around 3PM today! I checked my status this morning and it hadn’t changed, but now it just says “decision mailed.”

Also, for those still waiting I’ve heard that’s okay because it means they’re still considering you! Don’t lose hope! Congratulations to all who made it in today:)

Stats: 166/3.96

My application went complete on 11/09. I interviewed way before on 09/30.

iammrsiglesias

New

Post by iammrsiglesias » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 pm

What do you guys think is the dress code for an alumni interview at a coffee shop? Seems like blazer, no tie is the move for guys, but what about females?

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:53 pm

iammrsiglesias wrote:What do you guys think is the dress code for an alumni interview at a coffee shop? Seems like blazer, no tie is the move for guys, but what about females?
I wore a business dress (link) over a dress shirt with tights and boots! :) https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5f/71/0f/5f71 ... -black.jpg

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
iammrsiglesias wrote:What do you guys think is the dress code for an alumni interview at a coffee shop? Seems like blazer, no tie is the move for guys, but what about females?
I wore a business dress (link) over a dress shirt with tights and boots! :) https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5f/71/0f/5f71 ... -black.jpg
Just had mine and my interviewer wore a casual button down and khakis. I wore a cardigan, blouse, black pants, and flats (I was glad I didn't go super formal since we were at a sort of hipster coffee place). The interview was really relaxed. It lasted a little over an hour, but I think that was just because the conversation was going well. He asked for my "spiel" in the beginning (basically what led me to this point) and then it was mostly me asking questions about Vanderbilt.

Good luck!

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:03 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
Just had mine and my interviewer wore a casual button down and khakis. I wore a cardigan, blouse, black pants, and flats (I was glad I didn't go super formal since we were at a sort of hipster coffee place). The interview was really relaxed. It lasted a little over an hour, but I think that was just because the conversation was going well. He asked for my "spiel" in the beginning (basically what led me to this point) and then it was mostly me asking questions about Vanderbilt.

Good luck!
My interview was pretty casual as well! She was working in public interest which is what I want to do, so we had lots to talk about. We met on a Saturday and she brought her adorable baby girl because her husband last minute couldn’t watch her (he’s an attorney too). So it was really awesome to see a strong, successful female attorney working in my field of interest but who still managed to start a family. I thought she was really cool and it definitely made Vanderbilt a top choice of mine. We mostly just talked about what I do at work and my probono experience and why Vandy. So just know what points you want to hit when you talk about yourself and how it relates to Vanderbilt. Good luck!!

iammrsiglesias

New

Post by iammrsiglesias » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:

Good luck!
My interview was pretty casual as well! She was working in public interest which is what I want to do, so we had lots to talk about. We met on a Saturday and she brought her adorable baby girl because her husband last minute couldn’t watch her (he’s an attorney too). So it was really awesome to see a strong, successful female attorney working in my field of interest but who still managed to start a family. I thought she was really cool and it definitely made Vanderbilt a top choice of mine. We mostly just talked about what I do at work and my probono experience and why Vandy. So just know what points you want to hit when you talk about yourself and how it relates to Vanderbilt. Good luck!!
Thank you both for the advice! I ended up going with what you guys said and keeping it more casual (casual blazer, pants and heels), rather than a suit. Overall, I think the interview went well! Like everyone has said, very causal and more like a conversation than a typical interview. We talked about my job and background, her legal career, etc. She graduated 20+ years ago though, so it was a little difficult to get information about how the school is now. Basic questions were the typical why Vandy, why law, and what you want the adcomm to know about you.

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm

iammrsiglesias wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:

Good luck!
Thank you both for the advice! I ended up going with what you guys said and keeping it more casual (casual blazer, pants and heels), rather than a suit. Overall, I think the interview went well! Like everyone has said, very causal and more like a conversation than a typical interview. We talked about my job and background, her legal career, etc. She graduated 20+ years ago though, so it was a little difficult to get information about how the school is now. Basic questions were the typical why Vandy, why law, and what you want the adcomm to know about you.

Awesome!! So glad you feel confident about it! Interviews can only help IMO unless you are truly terrible at talking to people.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iammrsiglesias

New

Post by iammrsiglesias » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

LiveJustly390 wrote:
iammrsiglesias wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:

Good luck!

Awesome!! So glad you feel confident about it! Interviews can only help IMO unless you are truly terrible at talking to people.
Thanks!! I agree for sure. I was so nervous beforehand, but I just had to keep in mind that this interview wasn't going to make or break my application (assuming I didn't bomb it haha)

Any thoughts on sending a thank you email to my interviewer?

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:44 pm

iammrsiglesias wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
iammrsiglesias wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:
LiveJustly390 wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks!! I agree for sure. I was so nervous beforehand, but I just had to keep in mind that this interview wasn't going to make or break my application (assuming I didn't bomb it haha)

Any thoughts on sending a thank you email to my interviewer?
I was raised to send a thank you email any time you network with someone important or are interviewed for a job/school. I thanked all my interviewers, and I think it can again, only help! Just make sure you proofread:)

reesewithoutherspoon

New

Post by reesewithoutherspoon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:04 am

Does anyone know if the interview actually carries any weight in the admissions process?

ltepen

New

Post by ltepen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:07 am

Went complete 10/30, interviewed before that (10/6, it was when my interviewer and I were both available and I had planned on applying sooner but LOR took more time than I expected). No movement at all from Vandy. Should I contact my interviewer (I did an alumni interview over Skype) or the school about this?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”