Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mwells56

Silver
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:26 pm

Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


GPA ~median and LSAT>75, complete 11/9, interviewed 12/1, ghosted.

nina2018

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nina2018 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:01 am

mwells56 wrote:
Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


GPA ~median and LSAT>75, complete 11/9, interviewed 12/1, ghosted.


GPA just below 25th, LSAT>>75th, ghosted since my interview 12/18 :cry:

User avatar
DaydreamNation

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby DaydreamNation » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 am

Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.

LSAT above 75th, GPA below 25th, "Complete" since 12/4 so nope

ShakeAndBake

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ShakeAndBake » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 am

Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


Not above, but I’m at the 75th for LSAT, and below the 25th for GPA.

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby par283 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 am

ShakeAndBake wrote:
Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


Not above, but I’m at the 75th for LSAT, and below the 25th for GPA.


I'm above the 75% for LSAT but below the 25% for GPA and I've been ghosted since December.

ltepen

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ltepen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 am

par283 wrote:
ShakeAndBake wrote:
Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


Not above, but I’m at the 75th for LSAT, and below the 25th for GPA.


I'm above the 75% for LSAT but below the 25% for GPA and I've been ghosted since December.

GPA 25<mine <median LSAT >75, ghosted since late October

gabylsatprep18

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gabylsatprep18 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:39 pm

In today via e-mail. Applied on 01/06, went complete/UR on 01/08. =75% LSAT, NR GPA, strong softs.

I am extremely thrilled with this acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

gecko18

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gecko18 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:14 am

Does anyone know when they'll start to send out scholarship information?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 pm

gecko18 wrote:Does anyone know when they'll start to send out scholarship information?


I think last year, they sent scholarship out March 1.

eagle459

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby eagle459 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:40 am

ltepen wrote:
par283 wrote:
ShakeAndBake wrote:
Eleven wrote:Are any of the folks who are feeling ghosted above the 75th of either GPA or LSAT? The trend seems to be accepting those and leaving the rest til admissions gets a better feel of the applicant pool. This isn't just at Vandy, but everywhere.


Not above, but I’m at the 75th for LSAT, and below the 25th for GPA.


I'm above the 75% for LSAT but below the 25% for GPA and I've been ghosted since December.

GPA 25<mine <median LSAT >75, ghosted since late October


I am at about 50% for GPA and above 75% for LSAT and I've been ghosted since late October. I am getting really frustrated because Vanderbilt is one of my top choices. I called last week to ask if they had any updates and whoever answered the phone was fairly rude (I must have been the 12th person that day to call or something).

DebtPrisoner

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby DebtPrisoner » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:35 pm

Is there anyone else who submitted the main app + scholarship essays together, close to the Jan 10 deadline, whose heard back? Website said schollys would be out by end of Feb, and I assumed that would include admit decisions, too (if you submitted a scholly app). But only silence...

User avatar
joeyjoe83

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:02 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby joeyjoe83 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:47 pm

DebtPrisoner wrote:Is there anyone else who submitted the main app + scholarship essays together, close to the Jan 10 deadline, whose heard back? Website said schollys would be out by end of Feb, and I assumed that would include admit decisions, too (if you submitted a scholly app). But only silence...


In the last newsletter for Admitted Students they said we'd be getting Financial Aid decisions late this week. On the Admitted Students FB page, they said that invitations to interview for the merit scholarships based on the essays would come out later in March as that is apparently a separate process from the financial aid award.

Duds

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Duds » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:06 am

Checking in,

Feeling really ghosted here. Interview 11/21, app complete 1/3 (retook LSAT). LSAT 162 GPA 3.95. Vandy is basically my #1 choice and I wrote a really strong why Vandy essay as well. I have to put seat deposit down here in 3 weeks at another school if I don't here back beforehand.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO HAND OUT DECISIONS????

Anyone else out there still waiting...hopeless..?

kw25

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kw25 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Duds wrote:Checking in,

Feeling really ghosted here. Interview 11/21, app complete 1/3 (retook LSAT). LSAT 162 GPA 3.95. Vandy is basically my #1 choice and I wrote a really strong why Vandy essay as well. I have to put seat deposit down here in 3 weeks at another school if I don't here back beforehand.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO HAND OUT DECISIONS????

Anyone else out there still waiting...hopeless..?

My number's aren't as strong as yours and I didn't apply until 1/31 (essentially I have literally zero hope of acceptance) but I understand the stress of having to put a seat deposit down. I have a scholarship offer and seat deposit due on April 1st and I haven't heard back from any of the schools I was truly interested in. If you're confident in your application, maybe just put the deposit down just in case (I know it's not cheap, but it's best to be prepared in case things don't turn out well) and just eat it if you get accepted to Vandy? idk. Good luck!!

DebtPrisoner

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby DebtPrisoner » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:13 am

kw25 wrote:
Duds wrote:Checking in,

Feeling really ghosted here. Interview 11/21, app complete 1/3 (retook LSAT). LSAT 162 GPA 3.95. Vandy is basically my #1 choice and I wrote a really strong why Vandy essay as well. I have to put seat deposit down here in 3 weeks at another school if I don't here back beforehand.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO HAND OUT DECISIONS????

Anyone else out there still waiting...hopeless..?

My number's aren't as strong as yours and I didn't apply until 1/31 (essentially I have literally zero hope of acceptance) but I understand the stress of having to put a seat deposit down. I have a scholarship offer and seat deposit due on April 1st and I haven't heard back from any of the schools I was truly interested in. If you're confident in your application, maybe just put the deposit down just in case (I know it's not cheap, but it's best to be prepared in case things don't turn out well) and just eat it if you get accepted to Vandy? idk. Good luck!!


Went complete mid-January, with why Vandy and Law Merit Scholars essays. Still haven't heard anything, but I'm still inside the 12-week window they specify, so I'm not getting too crazed. 3 weeks is a lot of time and I imagine they will have your decision by then--they realize these deadlines are approaching.

Duds

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Duds » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:03 pm

kw25 wrote:
Duds wrote:Checking in,

Feeling really ghosted here. Interview 11/21, app complete 1/3 (retook LSAT). LSAT 162 GPA 3.95. Vandy is basically my #1 choice and I wrote a really strong why Vandy essay as well. I have to put seat deposit down here in 3 weeks at another school if I don't here back beforehand.

WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO HAND OUT DECISIONS????

Anyone else out there still waiting...hopeless..?

My number's aren't as strong as yours and I didn't apply until 1/31 (essentially I have literally zero hope of acceptance) but I understand the stress of having to put a seat deposit down. I have a scholarship offer and seat deposit due on April 1st and I haven't heard back from any of the schools I was truly interested in. If you're confident in your application, maybe just put the deposit down just in case (I know it's not cheap, but it's best to be prepared in case things don't turn out well) and just eat it if you get accepted to Vandy? idk. Good luck!!



Yeah I get what you mean. I've heard from every school I applied to except Vandy (my #1), Texas (my #2) and BU (kinda interested..maybe?). Right now I'm deciding between depositing at WashU or Emory - both with medium scholarships. I'm thinking deposit at WashU because the mathematics says its better than Emory, and to be honest the more I look into WashU the more I'm liking it. In the end I may be picking WashU over anything else..we'll see.

irongirl51

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby irongirl51 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 am

Dead silence from Vandy on my end. Anyone gotten decisions recently?

140dot6

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 140dot6 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:23 pm

irongirl51 wrote:Dead silence from Vandy on my end. Anyone gotten decisions recently?


I haven't seen much movement on LSN. Also if your LSAT/GPA are near median expect a long wait. There are 165 scorers who have been complete since January with no updates yet.

Neilp

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Neilp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am

I applied in November, still nothing, Vanderbilt is officially bush league

irongirl51

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby irongirl51 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 pm

This is crazy. Already May and some of us are still waiting. I mean I already committed to a school and all, but danggggg Vandy, y'all stay playing games.

Surfin

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Surfin » Wed May 09, 2018 6:54 pm

irongirl51 wrote:This is crazy. Already May and some of us are still waiting. I mean I already committed to a school and all, but danggggg Vandy, y'all stay playing games.


I'm still waiting too. I just want to know!

honeygirl14

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby honeygirl14 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:50 pm

This is madness. I'm terrified to contact them, but at what point must that be okay....? The blank "decision status" on the online status portal is haunting me.

irongirl51

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby irongirl51 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:32 am

honeygirl14 wrote:This is madness. I'm terrified to contact them, but at what point must that be okay....? The blank "decision status" on the online status portal is haunting me.


EXACTLY! Like can I call? I interviewed back in October. Went complete in January. LIKE WTFFFF

honeygirl14

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby honeygirl14 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

I went complete in Jan too. I sent an update on my file about what I was doing this semester in April and they responded and said thanks, we'll add that to your file...... So this is no mistake, which is why I'm just sitting tight, I guess.

Duds

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:49 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law School c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Duds » Sun May 27, 2018 2:09 am

Hey ya'll. Anybody else get accepted on Friday after the Wednesday feeler email?

I felt ghosted for forever, then got waitlisted. I got that feeler email and responded asap to the email.

Now I'm sending in my deposit next week!

Anyone care to share whats in the black box that they send? They said they are mailing it out to me Tuesday.

Thanks!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 18 guests