Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Did you/will you submit a Why Berkeley?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am

Yes
111
74%
No
27
18%
I have a 4.0/180
12
8%
 
Total votes: 150

bbwannabe

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 am

roxelana18 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:I submitted app mid-October and just realized that it was not complete because i was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I just requested to have my file reviewed. :(

Hope to hear back soon!


I, too, registered for the December LSAT well after submitting my app. Does your status checker still have a check mark next to LSAT score?



It does have a check mark but status only said "received"

I called and told me my app was on hold because of December LSAT.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Mikey » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:03 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:It does have a check mark but status only said "received"

I called and told me my app was on hold because of December LSAT.

hmm I was wondering this too, I've been on received for quite some time now and figured it may have been bc of the dec test but wasn't sure since the LSAT box is checked

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Mikey wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:It does have a check mark but status only said "received"

I called and told me my app was on hold because of December LSAT.

hmm I was wondering this too, I've been on received for quite some time now and figured it may have been bc of the dec test but wasn't sure since the LSAT box is checked


You should definitely call and ask. I'm sure your status doesn't say complete because you are registered for tomorrow's lsat

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:10 pm

wulfy10 wrote:
cooleyclassof2021 wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:Did anyone get a voicemail telling them to call the admissions office back?


Stats??


175+, 4.0, URM. I called back and it was an acceptance!


You're going to Yale

User avatar
Pewpew

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Pewpew » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm

plzkillme1224 wrote:pssst...some movement on the status checker for ED applicants!


Nothing yet from my end. Still "Under Review." Any other ED applicants hear back yet????

missakari

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby missakari » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Pewpew wrote:
plzkillme1224 wrote:pssst...some movement on the status checker for ED applicants!


Nothing yet from my end. Still "Under Review." Any other ED applicants hear back yet????


Nothing yet!!! Oh god I’m so scared.

kippercd

Bronze
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kippercd » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

Pewpew wrote:
plzkillme1224 wrote:pssst...some movement on the status checker for ED applicants!


Nothing yet from my end. Still "Under Review." Any other ED applicants hear back yet????

Afew on reddit
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbwannabe

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:25 pm

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missakari

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby missakari » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

bbwannabe wrote:
missakari wrote:
Pewpew wrote:
plzkillme1224 wrote:pssst...some movement on the status checker for ED applicants!


Nothing yet from my end. Still "Under Review." Any other ED applicants hear back yet????


Nothing yet!!! Oh god I’m so scared.


mine still says under review. I'm being pessimistic but my guess is that people who got accepted got the status checker changed but others who didn't get in didn't.


Agreed...but hopefully this status checker changing comes in waves...I’ll be refreshing anxiously throughout the day...

Leisreana

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Leisreana » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:33 pm

GODDD I think I'm in!!ED Applicant!

I didn't received a phone call because i'm in Canada(and my phone is not working these days) and also didn't receive any email.

But my it shows Decision Status: Admitted!

So I think i'm in !! Though i registered a December lsat(I need to decide whether to take it tomorrow lol)

Please tell me this isn't a portal bug or something.

plzkillme1224

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby plzkillme1224 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Leisreana wrote:GODDD I think I'm in!!ED Applicant!

I didn't received a phone call because i'm in Canada(and my phone is not working these days) and also didn't receive any email.

But my it shows Decision Status: Admitted!

So I think i'm in !! Though i registered a December lsat(I need to decide whether to take it tomorrow lol)

Please tell me this isn't a portal bug or something.


I got the same message on the status checker. No phone call or email yet since it's not even 9am yet on the West Coast. Let's hope it's not a bug because this is the best thing to happen to me in a long long while.

missakari

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby missakari » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 pm

Congrats to those who’ve heard back though! You guys did awesome!!! :~)

allezallez21

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby allezallez21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:08 pm

Congratulations to those admitted!

I just submitted.

gmg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gmg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Is anyone considering calling to see what's going on?

Leisreana

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Leisreana » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I guess because they can't call all ED applicants at the same day, so they just stop doing it at all? But I do hope we at least get an email. I'm not sure whether Berkeley has ever notified applicants by email before?

I've seen news about schools withdrawing drawing admission because of a system bug and I'm little worried.

plzkillme1224

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby plzkillme1224 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:40 pm

Leisreana wrote:I guess because they can't call all ED applicants at the same day, so they just stop doing it at all? But I do hope we at least get an email. I'm not sure whether Berkeley has ever notified applicants by email before?

I've seen news about schools withdrawing drawing admission because of a system bug and I'm little worried.


Relax! They probably won't start calling people until the afternoon West Coast time.

User avatar
thepsychedelic

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby thepsychedelic » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:47 pm

plzkillme1224 wrote:
Leisreana wrote:I guess because they can't call all ED applicants at the same day, so they just stop doing it at all? But I do hope we at least get an email. I'm not sure whether Berkeley has ever notified applicants by email before?

I've seen news about schools withdrawing drawing admission because of a system bug and I'm little worried.


Relax! They probably won't start calling people until the afternoon West Coast time.


Yeah, definitely this. I wasn’t ED, but when I got the call it didn’t come until 4:30 PM PST. So I wouldn’t worry about not getting a call yet
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

roxelana18

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby roxelana18 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:28 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:
roxelana18 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:I submitted app mid-October and just realized that it was not complete because i was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I just requested to have my file reviewed. :(

Hope to hear back soon!


I, too, registered for the December LSAT well after submitting my app. Does your status checker still have a check mark next to LSAT score?



It does have a check mark but status only said "received"

I called and told me my app was on hold because of December LSAT.


That explains a lot. I was told schools would not hold my application, so now I need to figure this out. What did you say to them when you called, and what was their response? Any indication as to whether your other schools have done the same?

User avatar
Pewpew

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Pewpew » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Confirmed that admit in your status checker means admitted!

gmg

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby gmg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 pm

Pewpew wrote:Confirmed that admit in your status checker means admitted!


So if our checker didn't change, then we didn't get ED?

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 pm

roxelana18 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:
roxelana18 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:I submitted app mid-October and just realized that it was not complete because i was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I just requested to have my file reviewed. :(

Hope to hear back soon!


I, too, registered for the December LSAT well after submitting my app. Does your status checker still have a check mark next to LSAT score?



It does have a check mark but status only said "received"

I called and told me my app was on hold because of December LSAT.


That explains a lot. I was told schools would not hold my application, so now I need to figure this out. What did you say to them when you called, and what was their response? Any indication as to whether your other schools have done the same?[/quote]

Columbia, USC, and I guess Berkeley hold your applications if you are registered for a future LSAT.

I just called and asked why my status said "received" since its been over a month since I submitted application. Was told because I was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I went through all my status checkers and if any did not say "Complete" I would assume its because of Dec. LSAT since I submitted apps in October.

Leisreana

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Leisreana » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Pewpew wrote:Confirmed that admit in your status checker means admitted!


Greatt!!! Thanks!! (Yes finally going to California! After all these years in Quebec)

Mind if i ask how to do you know it?

bbwannabe

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:31 pm

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missakari

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby missakari » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:33 pm

bbwannabe wrote:
gmg wrote:
Pewpew wrote:Confirmed that admit in your status checker means admitted!


So if our checker didn't change, then we didn't get ED?


probably... i just want them to tell us when we are gna get our decisions once we roll over to the regular pool. This is too painful.

congrats to all admitted today! hope I can join you guys soon


Mood, I’m trying to stay positive, but this is so nerve wracking! We still have tomorrow, so keep holding on and keep your head up y’all...



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MelvinPThorpe and 28 guests