Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Did you/will you submit a Why Berkeley?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:44 am

Yes
111
74%
No
27
18%
I have a 4.0/180
12
8%
 
Total votes: 150

cooleyclassof2021
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby cooleyclassof2021 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:54 am

thepsychedelic wrote:In!!! Got the call about an hour ago! Submitted beginning of November!


Congratulations!! Stats???

cooleyclassof2021
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby cooleyclassof2021 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 am

wulfy10 wrote:Did anyone get a voicemail telling them to call the admissions office back?


Stats??

User avatar
thepsychedelic
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby thepsychedelic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 am

cooleyclassof2021 wrote:
thepsychedelic wrote:In!!! Got the call about an hour ago! Submitted beginning of November!


Congratulations!! Stats???


Thanks! 3.8x and 175+ and I wrote a Why Berkeley

wulfy10
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wulfy10 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:37 am

cooleyclassof2021 wrote:
wulfy10 wrote:Did anyone get a voicemail telling them to call the admissions office back?


Stats??


175+, 4.0, URM. I called back and it was an acceptance!

ticket
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ticket » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:58 am

LSATuration wrote:Anyone else taken 2+ weeks to go from complete/received to UR? I'm still waiting


took me 13 days

trkmaniak00
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby trkmaniak00 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by trkmaniak00 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

57keh
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby 57keh » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:25 pm

In! Just got the call! Submitted 10/15, over both 75ths. I'm so so excited!!!!

MonicaYoung_LOL
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm

In as well! Just got the call (510 area code)!

Ecstatic :) Submitted 10/16, complete 10/17, did not get the email about the committee.

bbwannabe
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leisreana
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Leisreana » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm

*
Last edited by Leisreana on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 257
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:28 pm

I submitted app mid-October and just realized that it was not complete because i was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I just requested to have my file reviewed. :(

Hope to hear back soon!

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Missed call from Berkeley, CA. No voicemail. :shock:

jimmyplayer601
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby jimmyplayer601 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:41 pm

NavyNuke wrote:Missed call from Berkeley, CA. No voicemail. :shock:


Can’t be a bad thing!

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:35 pm

jimmyplayer601 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:Missed call from Berkeley, CA. No voicemail. :shock:


Can’t be a bad thing!


You were right! They called back, I'm in!!!! Ahhhhh!!!

subpoenacolada
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 pm

In via phone call about an hour ago!!! Okay wow, an admission over the phone is such a bigger rush than seeing an email for some reason. I can hardly remember the conversation because I think I blacked out as soon as I saw Berkeley CA on the caller ID. I AM PUMPED AND ABOUT TO GO DRINK HEAVILY.

Stats in profile, submitted back in September :)

User avatar
NavyNuke
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:In via phone call about an hour ago!!! Okay wow, an admission over the phone is such a bigger rush than seeing an email for some reason. I can hardly remember the conversation because I think I blacked out as soon as I saw Berkeley CA on the caller ID. I AM PUMPED AND ABOUT TO GO DRINK HEAVILY.

Stats in profile, submitted back in September :)


Congrats!! And enjoy!

subpoenacolada
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:16 pm

Congrats!! And enjoy![/quote]

Congrats to you too!!!

purpleplatypus
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:46 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby purpleplatypus » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:51 am

Submitted 9/7, complete since 10/3, above both 75ths, wrote a Why Berkeley, and haven’t heard anything yet :( Did not receive the committee review email. I’m going insane from the waiting!!!

Also applying from abroad — wondering if that might be part of the reason for the delay, since they probably won’t call me. Anyone else in from abroad? If so, how did they notify you?

ersd27106
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 am

did everyone submit a separate resume for Berkeley? I just noticed the instructions to list hours/week for jobs and extracurriculars and I just sent my normal resume.. Thoughts?

wulfy10
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby wulfy10 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:15 am

purpleplatypus wrote:Submitted 9/7, complete since 10/3, above both 75ths, wrote a Why Berkeley, and haven’t heard anything yet :( Did not receive the committee review email. I’m going insane from the waiting!!!

Also applying from abroad — wondering if that might be part of the reason for the delay, since they probably won’t call me. Anyone else in from abroad? If so, how did they notify you?


I'm applying from abroad, but I have a phone plan that lets me receive US calls for free, so they still called. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear something soon with those stats!

kippercd
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby kippercd » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:16 am

ersd27106 wrote:did everyone submit a separate resume for Berkeley? I just noticed the instructions to list hours/week for jobs and extracurriculars and I just sent my normal resume.. Thoughts?

did normal resume, but somewhere else it asked that info and i put it there.

throwaway1919
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby throwaway1919 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:17 am

If you haven't received a call, do not despair! I think they're doing them in waves over the next few days/weeks- I think a couple of people are admitted every day. E-mails about admits are coming Monday. I think they just do their calls in a steady trickle...

ersd27106
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 am

kippercd wrote:
ersd27106 wrote:did everyone submit a separate resume for Berkeley? I just noticed the instructions to list hours/week for jobs and extracurriculars and I just sent my normal resume.. Thoughts?

did normal resume, but somewhere else it asked that info and i put it there.

if I sent in my app over a month ago would it help or hurt to re-send a resume that lists hours per week for each activity and job? That is the only detail missing. Don't want to seem disorganized but also don't want to draw attention to this oversight if it isn't a dealbreaker. Thanks!

roxelana18
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby roxelana18 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 am

urmlaw17 wrote:I submitted app mid-October and just realized that it was not complete because i was registered for Dec. LSAT.

I just requested to have my file reviewed. :(

Hope to hear back soon!


I, too, registered for the December LSAT well after submitting my app. Does your status checker still have a check mark next to LSAT score?

plzkillme1224
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:33 am

Re: Berkeley Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby plzkillme1224 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 am

pssst...some movement on the status checker for ED applicants!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”