Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
22%
NO
56%
Ehhhh idk
22%

Total votes: 326

etramak

Silver

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Post by etramak » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 am

Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robin acrewood

New

Post by robin acrewood » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 am

etramak wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
etramak wrote:
fastfretxfingers wrote:Has anyone interviewed and subsequently been waitlisted or dinged? I went through a few dinged and waitlisted accounts on LSN but none of them listed interviewed information.
I'm too lazy to check on my phone but I think someome ITT was put on reserve after an interview
How likely is someone to get in if they get an interview request, assuming the interview goes fine?
Checking in, I am the poor sod who was placed on reserve after my interview. I know of another person who was placed on reserve after their interview as well.

Both of us had turnaround times that were very quick - so quick that I feel they could not have seriously reviewed my interview at all. I called the school to discuss some technical problems with my interview prior to receiving a decision (mic trouble, video seemed frozen for a bit, caused a delay and so some answers were cut off, etc) and was told that the interviews are mostly a formality and have little effect on admissions decisions. My friend said that his interview went really well, and he was surprised at being waitlisted so quickly. Our stats are very similar, so in that regard we are comparable applicants.

I think that our files were already placed in reserve prior to the interview request, and that the interview is simply a requirement for all applicants that are not going to be dinged. So, interview requests are definitely not a lock for admission, but you probably won't be rejected after it at the least.
Very interesting. Sorry to hear about the reserve, but I think LSN data shows a lot of Cornell reserve applicants not only getting off but in some cases getting scholarships.
Thanks! I'm hoping that remains true this cycle. It's such an unpredictable year with applications increasing, but I'm hoping Cornell will maintain its historical mercy on WL candidates and throw me a bone :lol:

jimmyplayer601

Bronze

Post by jimmyplayer601 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:15 am

Just submitted all my stuff for scholarship eligibility, has anyone been notified of their awards yet? Just wondering what the turn around is

carmtastic

New

Post by carmtastic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:33 am

Has anyone who submitted after 10/30 gotten an interview? Regular decision.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:52 am

robin acrewood wrote:
etramak wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
etramak wrote:
fastfretxfingers wrote:Has anyone interviewed and subsequently been waitlisted or dinged? I went through a few dinged and waitlisted accounts on LSN but none of them listed interviewed information.
I'm too lazy to check on my phone but I think someome ITT was put on reserve after an interview
How likely is someone to get in if they get an interview request, assuming the interview goes fine?
Checking in, I am the poor sod who was placed on reserve after my interview. I know of another person who was placed on reserve after their interview as well.

Both of us had turnaround times that were very quick - so quick that I feel they could not have seriously reviewed my interview at all. I called the school to discuss some technical problems with my interview prior to receiving a decision (mic trouble, video seemed frozen for a bit, caused a delay and so some answers were cut off, etc) and was told that the interviews are mostly a formality and have little effect on admissions decisions. My friend said that his interview went really well, and he was surprised at being waitlisted so quickly. Our stats are very similar, so in that regard we are comparable applicants.

I think that our files were already placed in reserve prior to the interview request, and that the interview is simply a requirement for all applicants that are not going to be dinged. So, interview requests are definitely not a lock for admission, but you probably won't be rejected after it at the least.
Very interesting. Sorry to hear about the reserve, but I think LSN data shows a lot of Cornell reserve applicants not only getting off but in some cases getting scholarships.
Thanks! I'm hoping that remains true this cycle. It's such an unpredictable year with applications increasing, but I'm hoping Cornell will maintain its historical mercy on WL candidates and throw me a bone :lol:
Old man from class of 2020 chiming in again. Cornell waitlists people after interviews. They can also offer BIG scholarships off of the waitlist. If you get waitlisted and want to attend Cornell, you should definitely ride it out. I was admitted to 5 higher ranked schools before Cornell let me in and gave me an offer that was hard to refuse

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:17 am

chargers21 wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
etramak wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:
etramak wrote:

Old man from class of 2020 chiming in again. Cornell waitlists people after interviews. They can also offer BIG scholarships off of the waitlist. If you get waitlisted and want to attend Cornell, you should definitely ride it out. I was admitted to 5 higher ranked schools before Cornell let me in and gave me an offer that was hard to refuse

Was having an acceptance to say Uchi or Umich enough to get Cornell to give you full ride?

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

Placed in the Reserve group. A bit depressed by that.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Was having an acceptance to say Uchi or Umich enough to get Cornell to give you full ride?
I was accepted to both and did not get a full ride. There's almost no difference between Cornell and Michigan, and Cornell actually has better biglaw stats, so they are nothing but peers. UChi might have helped me get a small bump in money, but I had barely squeaked in there so my numbers weren't anything to fight over

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:20 pm

rideagain wrote:Placed in the Reserve group. A bit depressed by that.
Damn I'm sorry to hear that. Did you interview?

Edit: shit with your numbers it has to be YP! You're gonna have plenty of great options.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze

Post by Bush v. Gorgeous » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:

Edit: shit with your numbers it has to be YP! You're gonna have plenty of great options.
+179. You're going much higher.

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:29 pm

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:

+179. You're going much higher.
No interview.

Did really like Cornell when I visited and with $ would 100% have considered it. Oh well. Good luck all!

ghostlyyy

New

Post by ghostlyyy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:50 pm

In via phone call today! Completed my interview one week ago exactly.

EDIT: Status checker changed from "interview requested" to "ready for review" right before getting the call.

mturf

New

Post by mturf » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

I just went "Ready for Review" for the second time, as the date changed. I submitted late Oct., went RfR early Nov. and now RfR mid-December. I'm a reapplicant and did an online interview w/ Cornell last year. I have not been invited to interview this year. Any idea what is going on?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

carmtastic

New

Post by carmtastic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:42 pm

mturf wrote:I just went "Ready for Review" for the second time, as the date changed. I submitted late Oct., went RfR early Nov. and now RfR mid-December. I'm a reapplicant and did an online interview w/ Cornell last year. I have not been invited to interview this year. Any idea what is going on?
Same. I submitted late October, went RfR 10/30 and today 12/13. Is someone actually looking at my application now and I should be looking for a interview requested date change sometime in the future?

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Just got an interview request. Went RFR and complete exactly a month ago.

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm

RFR changed to today's date as well.

ToddCraines

New

Post by ToddCraines » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:52 pm

mturf wrote:I just went "Ready for Review" for the second time, as the date changed. I submitted late Oct., went RfR early Nov. and now RfR mid-December. I'm a reapplicant and did an online interview w/ Cornell last year. I have not been invited to interview this year. Any idea what is going on?
Same happened to me!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bbwannabe

New

Post by bbwannabe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

BL2017 wrote:RFR changed to today's date as well.
same. but no interview request. is this bad?

thepsychedelic

Bronze

Post by thepsychedelic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 pm

same thing happened to me today with the date change. i’ve read that this has happened before dings, but hopefully not in this case!
Last edited by thepsychedelic on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

BL2017

New

Post by BL2017 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:05 pm

bbwannabe wrote:
BL2017 wrote:RFR changed to today's date as well.
same. but no interview request. is this bad?
Not sure but I did not receive an interview request either!

carmtastic

New

Post by carmtastic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 pm

usaorbust wrote:Just got an interview request. Went RFR and complete exactly a month ago.
Did your date change to today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 pm

carmtastic wrote:
usaorbust wrote:Just got an interview request. Went RFR and complete exactly a month ago.
It now says interview requested with today's date, but When I checked earlier today it was still at RFR with my initial complete date. It may have changed between that first check and the email though.

carmtastic

New

Post by carmtastic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:14 pm

usaorbust wrote:
carmtastic wrote:
It now says interview requested with today's date, but When I checked earlier today it was still at RFR with my initial complete date. It may have changed between that first check and the email though.
Thanks! Fingers crossed that the above posters are wrong about a ding and it'll just change later today.

bbwannabe

New

Post by bbwannabe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:16 pm

carmtastic wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
carmtastic wrote:
Thanks! Fingers crossed that the above posters are wrong about a ding and it'll just change later today.
it looks like it's either ding soon or interview request soon. could go either way.

SusanSays

New

Post by SusanSays » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:26 pm

bbwannabe wrote:
carmtastic wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
carmtastic wrote:
it looks like it's either ding soon or interview request soon. could go either way.
Agree with you. I'm a reapplicant. Last year my date changed but the status was still RFR, then I got ding two or three weeks later.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”