Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
63
20%
NO
177
57%
Ehhhh idk
68
22%
 
Total votes: 308

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:43 pm

Is anyone doing their today?/Already did their interview?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:04 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby chargers21 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
jimmyplayer601 wrote:Does anyone know how soon after you submit your interview they make a decision? Based off of previous years data

It depends, but it can be very fast. Like within 24 hours


Seems like that would be an unusually quick turnaround for this 1st batch of interviews though, right? MyLSN shows very few decisions sent in November, but maybe they are trying to speed things up? After all they did have one of the earliest Ding waves of the T-13

No clue. Maybe it was just because there was a wave right after, but I got a decision a day or 2 later last year

trkmaniak00

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby trkmaniak00 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:30 pm

At first I was apprehensive about the online interview but after doing it, it was a lot of fun. The written questions were thought provoking and pretty interesting and that is the side of academics that I love.

Good luck everyone!

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
jimmyplayer601 wrote:Does anyone know how soon after you submit your interview they make a decision? Based off of previous years data

It depends, but it can be very fast. Like within 24 hours


Seems like that would be an unusually quick turnaround for this 1st batch of interviews though, right? MyLSN shows very few decisions sent in November, but maybe they are trying to speed things up? After all they did have one of the earliest Ding waves of the T-13

No clue. Maybe it was just because there was a wave right after, but I got a decision a day or 2 later last year

For November admits last year, seems like it was between 3-7 days.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 pm

My status checker says ready for review with a date of 10/25/17. Am I correct to assume that I'm just not in this decision wave? As in, it's too early to know whether or not I will get an interview request? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am completely new to the law school process. I didn't even know that law school interviews existed before coming to this site...

ghostlyyy

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ghostlyyy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:27 am

wannabegenius wrote:My status checker says ready for review with a date of 10/25/17. Am I correct to assume that I'm just not in this decision wave? As in, it's too early to know whether or not I will get an interview request? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am completely new to the law school process. I didn't even know that law school interviews existed before coming to this site...


In the same boat. Actually, I was ready for review on the exact same date. My GPA and LSAT are both above the 75ths (but not above enough for YP) so I'm hoping I will be in the next wave.

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 pm

JUST GOT THE CALL. IN AT CORNELL!!!


GAHHH. I've been accepted to an ivy league schoool!!!!


so stoked!!

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 pm

AaronCarter wrote:JUST GOT THE CALL. IN AT CORNELL!!!


GAHHH. I've been accepted to an ivy league schoool!!!!


so stoked!!


Congrats!! Did you do your interview last night?

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby chargers21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:40 pm

AaronCarter wrote:.

Congrats!

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:07 pm

ghostlyyy wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:My status checker says ready for review with a date of 10/25/17. Am I correct to assume that I'm just not in this decision wave? As in, it's too early to know whether or not I will get an interview request? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am completely new to the law school process. I didn't even know that law school interviews existed before coming to this site...


In the same boat. Actually, I was ready for review on the exact same date. My GPA and LSAT are both above the 75ths (but not above enough for YP) so I'm hoping I will be in the next wave.


I've been ready for review since 10/18 so I'm hoping that I'll just be in the next wave too.

AaronCarter wrote:JUST GOT THE CALL. IN AT CORNELL!!!


GAHHH. I've been accepted to an ivy league schoool!!!!


so stoked!!


CONGRATS!!!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
InterLaw

Bronze
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby InterLaw » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Congrats Aaron!

I just submitted mine, Cornell with money would be on the podium for me!

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank you everyone!!
it's such a wild day. I'm so happy.

I got the interview request yesterday and did the interview last night.
(It. was. rocky. I was actually visibly sweating)

I got called by Dean Ingram this morning. DAY. MADEEEE.

I'm contemplating just drinking and celebrating for the rest of the day lol

ddavise

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:46 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ddavise » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:02 pm

checking in!

User avatar
profdogwalker

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby profdogwalker » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:14 pm

AaronCarter wrote:Thank you everyone!!
it's such a wild day. I'm so happy.

I got the interview request yesterday and did the interview last night.
(It. was. rocky. I was actually visibly sweating)

I got called by Dean Ingram this morning. DAY. MADEEEE.

I'm contemplating just drinking and celebrating for the rest of the day lol


.
Last edited by profdogwalker on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
soca_dancer

Bronze
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby soca_dancer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Can you share what your video recorded questions were as well?

User avatar
GotLost

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby GotLost » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Just completed my interview. Time to nervously twiddle my thumbs.

Lagentblaugrana

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lagentblaugrana » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:08 pm

GotLost wrote:Just completed my interview. Time to nervously twiddle my thumbs.


+1

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DistrictDisaster

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:15 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby DistrictDisaster » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:54 am

AaronCarter wrote:Thank you everyone!!
it's such a wild day. I'm so happy.

I got the interview request yesterday and did the interview last night.
(It. was. rocky. I was actually visibly sweating)

I got called by Dean Ingram this morning. DAY. MADEEEE.

I'm contemplating just drinking and celebrating for the rest of the day lol


Congratulations!!! Excited for you. Hope you did celebrate!

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 am

DistrictDisaster wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:Thank you everyone!!
it's such a wild day. I'm so happy.

I got the interview request yesterday and did the interview last night.
(It. was. rocky. I was actually visibly sweating)

I got called by Dean Ingram this morning. DAY. MADEEEE.

I'm contemplating just drinking and celebrating for the rest of the day lol


Congratulations!!! Excited for you. Hope you did celebrate!



Thank you!
I celebrated indeed! Going to do so even more this weekend! :D

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:39 am

Has anyone else in the first wave gotten a call yet?

Lagentblaugrana

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lagentblaugrana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 pm

principalagent wrote:Has anyone else in the first wave gotten a call yet?


Nope, and I'm back to ready for review on the checker.

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kai1990

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby kai1990 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Congrats to everyone!
Last edited by kai1990 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Ir5ne and 31 guests