Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
56
19%
NO
175
60%
Ehhhh idk
63
21%
 
Total votes: 294

User avatar
maria3cocos

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:51 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby maria3cocos » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Just got on reserve list, no interview. Since an interview is a "necessary condition" as noted a few times on TLS threads, then if I do move forward would I need to do an interview at that time or... It seems like a particularly odd/awkward format so I'd be happy if I somehow escaped it.

monsterc_

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby monsterc_ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:40 am

Anyone go UR2 yesterday with no interview request? Hoping that I get one in the next day or so because it seems like otherwise its bad news...Think I'm a somewhat competitive applicant so its got me a little stressed

User avatar
Oneanddone?

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Oneanddone? » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm

monsterc_ wrote:Anyone go UR2 yesterday with no interview request? Hoping that I get one in the next day or so because it seems like otherwise its bad news...Think I'm a somewhat competitive applicant so its got me a little stressed
I did go UR2 before my interview request.... Now I'm just waiting.... :(

hayryem

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby hayryem » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:53 pm

How long does it take to get anything in the mail from Cornell once accepted?

User avatar
alykdesire

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby alykdesire » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

I think I went UR2 yesterday. The date changed, but I don't remember the original date :cry:

But I didn't get an interview invite.

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby hbdash » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Got the call this afternoon - 75th LSAT, above 75th GPA. Applied late December, went Ready for review on 1/4, interview requested 1/17 (completed same day). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

bbwannabe

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm

hbdash wrote:Got the call this afternoon - 75th LSAT, above 75th GPA. Applied late December, went Ready for review on 1/4, interview requested 1/17 (completed same day). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!


Congrats! Super fast turnaround:D im still sittin on interview received in early Jan ... :/ anyone with me?

mmart207

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby mmart207 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Updated to interview received today. *fingers crossed*

thatcandoromg

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby thatcandoromg » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:38 pm

How long does it take from "interview received" to the final decision?

legally.brunette

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby legally.brunette » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:35 pm

does anyone know what an average scholarship looks like from cornell?

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 am

bbwannabe wrote:
hbdash wrote:Got the call this afternoon - 75th LSAT, above 75th GPA. Applied late December, went Ready for review on 1/4, interview requested 1/17 (completed same day). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!


Congrats! Super fast turnaround:D im still sittin on interview received in early Jan ... :/ anyone with me?


Same boat :/

sabres94

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:05 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby sabres94 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 pm

maria3cocos wrote:Just got on reserve list, no interview. Since an interview is a "necessary condition" as noted a few times on TLS threads, then if I do move forward would I need to do an interview at that time or... It seems like a particularly odd/awkward format so I'd be happy if I somehow escaped it.


Everyone I know that got accepted last year off the waitlist had to do the interview still. It's really not a stressful interview though, so I would not worry too much about it at all! Current 1L, feel free to pm with any other questions you have!

sabres94

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:05 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby sabres94 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Lawschooolapplicant wrote:Has anyone who sent in their required materials within the last few weeks received scholarship information? I can't tell if they're just slow or if I'm not getting any $


Scholarship offers started going out in February last year if I remember correctly! If you have submitted your financial aid form to the school, it probably couldn't hurt to email them and ask when they anticipate making financial aid decisions

thatcandoromg

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby thatcandoromg » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Woke up this morning, and saw a missed call from ITHACA, NY!!

Listened the voice mail and Got in!!!

eddyxuan

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby eddyxuan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:29 pm

thatcandoromg wrote:Woke up this morning, and saw a missed call from ITHACA, NY!!

Listened the voice mail and Got in!!!



Congratulations!when did u submit interview?

thatcandoromg

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby thatcandoromg » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:49 am

Thanks! Jan. 20th, but turned to interview received around Jan 21-22th ish.

User avatar
maria3cocos

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:51 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby maria3cocos » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:49 am

sabres94 wrote:
maria3cocos wrote:Just got on reserve list, no interview. Since an interview is a "necessary condition" as noted a few times on TLS threads, then if I do move forward would I need to do an interview at that time or... It seems like a particularly odd/awkward format so I'd be happy if I somehow escaped it.


Everyone I know that got accepted last year off the waitlist had to do the interview still. It's really not a stressful interview though, so I would not worry too much about it at all! Current 1L, feel free to pm with any other questions you have!


Oh thank you so much for such a nice reply! :) It's very helpful to at least know to expect it (if I get off the wait-list, fingers crossed). I'm not too worried, it seems like lots of people struggled to some degree with the format and still had good results!

User avatar
OrangeMarmalade

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby OrangeMarmalade » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:48 pm

got a phone call today and I'm in!! Really happy since my status was interview received for about a month and a half. Now waiting for scholarship info...has anyone gotten theirs?

Randle P. McMurphy

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Randle P. McMurphy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Interview requested. Please Help! Any and all info on interview questions will be greatly appreciated. For the love of Ezra Cornell, someone PM me how to prepare and what you were asked...

Roadto180

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Roadto180 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:26 pm

How long is the interview?

graziella115

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby graziella115 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Anybody have any guesses how big the reserve list is?

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 am

ghklawschool wrote:Anyone willing to share how long it took from “interview received” to decision status?


Took me a month and a half.

P.S. - how do I know where everyone has moved from TLS? I am desperately in need of company.

simpletinkerton

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby simpletinkerton » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 pm

Still here. Interviewed about a week ago... Kira is a nightmare. "Just disable your firewall, NBD".

I wouldn't say I bombed, but it was definitely not better than mediocre.

Haven't heard anything back yet. Hoping to hear good news.

User avatar
OrangeMarmalade

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby OrangeMarmalade » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey guys, how long did it take you to get the red book? It’s been 2 weeks since I was notified thru email, so I think I should have gotten it by now...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests