Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
59
20%
NO
176
58%
Ehhhh idk
67
22%
 
Total votes: 302

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 am

Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:
DMan2015 wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
DMan2015 wrote:I just got the call!


Congratulations!!! Did you interview? And stats, if you don't mind sharing?


I applied 10/31, got the interview request 11/9 and completed it 11/10.

I am median on both.


Congrats!

Very fast movement. I've been ready for review since 10/25 and nothing yet. Please Cornell, give me a sign!


+1


+2 :)


+3

ghostlyyy

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ghostlyyy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I do have a C&F addendum relating to a traffic citation I got when I was 16....( :roll:) I wonder if it takes them longer to review apps with C&F, even if it is minor. Anyone have any insight into this?

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:02 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm

I've been ready for review since 10/31. I shouldn't be worried should I?

ghostlyyy

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ghostlyyy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Platopus wrote:
ghostlyyy wrote:I do have a C&F addendum relating to a traffic citation I got when I was 16....( :roll:) I wonder if it takes them longer to review apps with C&F, even if it is minor. Anyone have any insight into this?


Probably not, I had like a half page addendum for numerous tickets and got in. :/ sorry


Thanks for the info! I'm not too worried (yet) since I haven't been ready for review for that long and I only applied in late October. Just wondering if that would play a role at all.

ghostlyyy

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ghostlyyy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:I've been ready for review since 10/31. I shouldn't be worried should I?


I hope not, because I've been ready for review since 10/25 and haven't heard a peep. I think you are fine, as there are many others on here who have been ready for review around the same time and haven't gotten an interview request yet.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:31 pm

So, this is embarrassing and completely my fault, but I need some advice.

A few years ago, I got a speeding ticket in another state. When filling out my apps, I truly could not remember if I had actually gotten a ticket or not (I couldn't even remember when or where exactly it happened), so I looked it up in my home state's court website and didn't see anything. Thus, I didn't disclose on the C&F section.
I only JUST remembered that this happened in another state. Looked it up in their website, and indeed I did get a ticket.
Cornell seems to have the strictest C&F section, deliberately stating you should disclose traffic citations. I feel like such an idiot but I know I need to submit something. Am I completely screwed?
The excuse "I tried to look it up but I forgot it happened in another state" is probably the worst excuse I've ever heard of, but it's the truth..

User avatar
Lavitz

Gold
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lavitz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:.

Sounds like a reasonable excuse to me. Just submit an addendum.

Lagentblaugrana

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:48 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lagentblaugrana » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 pm

subpoenacolada wrote:So, this is embarrassing and completely my fault, but I need some advice.


I had exactly the same problem, sent it an addendum, and they were super chill about. I was as stressed about it as you are now probably but it's a non-issue.

User avatar
principalagent

Silver
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby principalagent » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Lagentblaugrana wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:So, this is embarrassing and completely my fault, but I need some advice.


I had exactly the same problem, sent it an addendum, and they were super chill about. I was as stressed about it as you are now probably but it's a non-issue.


Same problem, sent an addendum to all schools in a frenzy - including a T13 I was already accepted to, and nobody cared.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:57 pm

principalagent wrote:
Lagentblaugrana wrote:
subpoenacolada wrote:So, this is embarrassing and completely my fault, but I need some advice.


I had exactly the same problem, sent it an addendum, and they were super chill about. I was as stressed about it as you are now probably but it's a non-issue.


Same problem, sent an addendum to all schools in a frenzy - including a T13 I was already accepted to, and nobody cared.


Okay thank you guys so much, I'll send in something ASAP and try to stop freaking out :oops:

Lucy LawFull

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Lucy LawFull » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:25 pm

jimmyplayer601 wrote:
Lucy LawFull wrote:
jimmyplayer601 wrote:
principalagent wrote:Just got the call as well!


Congrats! I submitted my interview over two weeks ago so praying for a call today too


I am in the same boat as you, but I think their office is closed for the day. :?


What are your numbers compared to their medians? I’m thinking it maybe a yield protect thing on why they’re taking so long with me


25th on both. Doubt it is YP for me :oops:

URM. Strongish softs, if that matters.

I wasn't planning on applying to Cornell because I didn't think I could get in with my numbers, but I got a waiver, so what the heck.

I actually thought I'd get rejected pretty quickly, especially from what I've read about their turnaround. That I haven't been rejected yet is the only thing that got my hopes up a bit, ha.

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:29 pm

So...my status date changed, but I am still listed as ready for review. No interview request. Am I screwed?

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Received the interview request today!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:50 pm

robin acrewood wrote:So...my status date changed, but I am still listed as ready for review. No interview request. Am I screwed?


No--I said this earlier, and I can't be certain of it, but from what I saw on last year's feed, there were people accepted who didn't interview. Don't sweat it ATM.

jimmyplayer601

Bronze
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby jimmyplayer601 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Lucy LawFull wrote:
jimmyplayer601 wrote:
Lucy LawFull wrote:
jimmyplayer601 wrote:
principalagent wrote:Just got the call as well!


Congrats! I submitted my interview over two weeks ago so praying for a call today too


I am in the same boat as you, but I think their office is closed for the day. :?


What are your numbers compared to their medians? I’m thinking it maybe a yield protect thing on why they’re taking so long with me


25th on both. Doubt it is YP for me :oops:

URM. Strongish softs, if that matters.

I wasn't planning on applying to Cornell because I didn't think I could get in with my numbers, but I got a waiver, so what the heck.

I actually thought I'd get rejected pretty quickly, especially from what I've read about their turnaround. That I haven't been rejected yet is the only thing that got my hopes up a bit, ha.



I’m a URM too but am at median for lsat and above 75th for gpa, so I think I may get waitlisted for yield protection. I also went there for undergrad. Our perspective stuff is so different I feel like they may just be taking a while to go through the interviews and giving us a response or they’re just being cryptic

pricon

Bronze
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby pricon » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:12 pm

HenryHankPalmer wrote:

For those of you doubting Cornell's Ivy status


:lol:

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:42 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm

robin acrewood wrote:So...my status date changed, but I am still listed as ready for review. No interview request. Am I screwed?


same here!

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 pm

etramak wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:So...my status date changed, but I am still listed as ready for review. No interview request. Am I screwed?


No--I said this earlier, and I can't be certain of it, but from what I saw on last year's feed, there were people accepted who didn't interview. Don't sweat it ATM.


The unexplained status change is nevertheless infuriatingly vague


I'm with you 100%--super infuriating. Just a reminder that you shouldn't stress! :)

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:15 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:20 pm

etramak wrote:
ersd27106 wrote:
robin acrewood wrote:So...my status date changed, but I am still listed as ready for review. No interview request. Am I screwed?


same here!


can the three of us share stats?


I'm right at the medians. Definitely not YP in my case.

User avatar
andysimbi

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby andysimbi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Received the interview request today!


Congrats and same here!

I’ll probably do mine tonight, honestly.

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 pm

etramak wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:Received the interview request today!

Just saw this - Congrats!


Thanks, friends! I just completed it at 5:30 pm :)



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests