Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

If admitted, would you pay sticker?

YES
60
20%
NO
177
58%
Ehhhh idk
68
22%
 
Total votes: 305

NavyNuke

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby NavyNuke » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:46 pm

wannabegenius wrote:Guys, just to be clear, the video was NOT recording during our next question prep, right? I assumed that it was not and while I did not do anything weird, I probably made some confused/frustrated expressions.


Ha! I was cursing myself during the prep time for my terrible answer on the previous question and I got in. Sure you're fine!

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:27 pm

NavyNuke wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:Guys, just to be clear, the video was NOT recording during our next question prep, right? I assumed that it was not and while I did not do anything weird, I probably made some confused/frustrated expressions.


Ha! I was cursing myself during the prep time for my terrible answer on the previous question and I got in. Sure you're fine!


Perfect haha. I thought nothing of the possibility until I saw someone on a really old Reddit thread say that it might have been. Sorry guys, I have an irrational tendency to overthink every little thing.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:31 pm

How long do people usually stay at interview requested once they submit? I saw in a Cornell thread from a couple years ago someone saying they thought Cornell didn't get their online interview, so that's been in the back of my mind since. :shock:

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:How long do people usually stay at interview requested once they submit? I saw in a Cornell thread from a couple years ago someone saying they thought Cornell didn't get their online interview, so that's been in the back of my mind since. :shock:


Did you get that Kira “we’ve received your interview” email? I assume if you got that, you’re good.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subpoenacolada

Bronze
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby subpoenacolada » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:How long do people usually stay at interview requested once they submit? I saw in a Cornell thread from a couple years ago someone saying they thought Cornell didn't get their online interview, so that's been in the back of my mind since. :shock:


Did you get that Kira “we’ve received your interview” email? I assume if you got that, you’re good.


I actually never got that email, and I've been at interview requested for over a month. I've been super paranoid my interview didn't go through, but when I try to go back to the Kira link it says interview completed

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:How long do people usually stay at interview requested once they submit? I saw in a Cornell thread from a couple years ago someone saying they thought Cornell didn't get their online interview, so that's been in the back of my mind since. :shock:


Did you get that Kira “we’ve received your interview” email? I assume if you got that, you’re good.

Yeah I did!

porzingis3

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby porzingis3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

For merit based scholarships, all you have to do is submit fafsa, css profile, and scholarship application form that they emailed to you. Right? Just wanna make sure I’m not missing anything.

ersd27106

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ersd27106 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:58 pm

blargal wrote:My date changed again for the 2nd time after the interview. It went from:

"we received your interview" and "Your application is ready for review" 11/30

to

Standard "thank you for applying to Cornell" and "Your application is ready for review" 12/1

to

Same messages but today's date (12/4). Anyone have any insight on this? I'd really appreciate it!


Mine just changed for the 3rd time since the interview. went from "interview requested", to "ready for review" #1, to "ready for review" #2 (today). Anyone experience this on a decision day?

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Just got a date change on my interview requested. Good/bad sign or does it vary for people?

Slawthschool

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Slawthschool » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:52 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:Just got a date change on my interview requested. Good/bad sign or does it vary for people?


Same here! Submitted my interview Friday, hoping for some news soon.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Slawthschool wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:Just got a date change on my interview requested. Good/bad sign or does it vary for people?


Same here! Submitted my interview Friday, hoping for some news soon.

Nice! I submitted mine yesterday morning. Im hoping I got it done fast enough to get a decision before they leave for winter. break

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:08 pm

blackmamba8 wrote:Nice! I submitted mine yesterday morning. Im hoping I got it done fast enough to get a decision before they leave for winter. break


I submitted mine Saturday and also just had my date change. I hope we get a decision before they leave for break too!
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATXStudent

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ATXStudent » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:26 pm

I interviewed late last week and my status previously showed the date of the request, however, it just recently changed to today's date 12/11. Has anyone else seen similar changes?

(super anxious Cornell is at the top of my list)

Ntp73821

Silver
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:27 pm

ATXStudent wrote:I interviewed late last week and my status previously showed the date of the request, however, it just recently changed to today's date 12/11. Has anyone else seen similar changes?

(super anxious Cornell is at the top of my list)


That's what we were just talking about...
seems like most people who interviewed sometime between late last week and now had a date change today.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
profdogwalker

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby profdogwalker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

porzingis3 wrote:For merit based scholarships, all you have to do is submit fafsa, css profile, and scholarship application form that they emailed to you. Right? Just wanna make sure I’m not missing anything.


fairly certain that is for need based
for merit, I think it is only the application

blargal

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blargal » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by blargal on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AaronCarter

Bronze
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby AaronCarter » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 pm

I think we should be hearing back about money this week. Like on Friday. Hopefully. Some should at least.

User avatar
feralflamingo

Bronze
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby feralflamingo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:35 pm

It seems like there were a couple of phone acceptances today, so I hope that's going to translate into good news for whoever's waiting on that :)
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DowsingForAJD

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby DowsingForAJD » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 pm

In via phone call today as well. Went complete mid-October, interviewed early December.
Last edited by DowsingForAJD on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostlyyy

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby ghostlyyy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

DowsingForAJD wrote:In via phone call today as well. Went complete mid-October, interviewed early December.


Congratulations! What day did you submit your interview?

User avatar
fastfretxfingers

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby fastfretxfingers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Has anyone interviewed and subsequently been waitlisted or dinged? I went through a few dinged and waitlisted accounts on LSN but none of them listed interviewed information.

etramak

Silver
Posts: 747
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:22 pm

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 pm

etramak wrote:
fastfretxfingers wrote:Has anyone interviewed and subsequently been waitlisted or dinged? I went through a few dinged and waitlisted accounts on LSN but none of them listed interviewed information.

I'm too lazy to check on my phone but I think someome ITT was put on reserve after an interview

How likely is someone to get in if they get an interview request, assuming the interview goes fine?

User avatar
robin acrewood

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Cornell Applicants Class of 2021 (2017-2018)

Postby robin acrewood » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:13 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
etramak wrote:
fastfretxfingers wrote:Has anyone interviewed and subsequently been waitlisted or dinged? I went through a few dinged and waitlisted accounts on LSN but none of them listed interviewed information.

I'm too lazy to check on my phone but I think someome ITT was put on reserve after an interview

How likely is someone to get in if they get an interview request, assuming the interview goes fine?


Checking in, I am the poor sod who was placed on reserve after my interview. I know of another person who was placed on reserve after their interview as well.

Both of us had turnaround times that were very quick - so quick that I feel they could not have seriously reviewed my interview at all. I called the school to discuss some technical problems with my interview prior to receiving a decision (mic trouble, video seemed frozen for a bit, caused a delay and so some answers were cut off, etc) and was told that the interviews are mostly a formality and have little effect on admissions decisions. My friend said that his interview went really well, and he was surprised at being waitlisted so quickly. Our stats are very similar, so in that regard we are comparable applicants.

I think that our files were already placed in reserve prior to the interview request, and that the interview is simply a requirement for all applicants that are not going to be dinged. So, interview requests are definitely not a lock for admission, but you probably won't be rejected after it at the least.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests