WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
7%
Reach
12%
Safety App
32%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
25%
For Scholarship Negotiation
25%

Total votes: 136

Revelator 12

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Revelator 12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 am

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D

Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.

AaronCarter

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:

Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.

If you don't mind, what are your stats?

Revelator 12

Postby Revelator 12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am

AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

170/3.77 non-URM 5 years out of undergrad this fall with work experience with several NGOs

AaronCarter

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 am

Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

170/3.77 non-URM 5 years out of undergrad this fall with work experience with several NGOs

You're about to get a full ride.

Cooley_Or_Bust

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

Do you think they would hold my app if I am taking the LSAT in December? My interviewer submitted my app on the 23rd. My September LSAT score is close to (but below) their 50th percentile and I have a GPA over their 75th. Or are they just prioritizing all of you guys who have a killer LSAT?

gmenold

Postby gmenold » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:Got my Skype interview tomorrow. What did people (particularly males) wear? I know instinct is to dress as formally as possible but mine is at 8pm and I'm planning on being on my university campus all day so would rather not wear a suit.

I wore a jacket, dress shirt and tie (with basketball shorts since I was at home lol)

^This. You should wear what you would wear to an in-person interview, i.e., a jacket and tie.

xinaialice

Postby xinaialice » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Got my snail mail today... :D

reinbergb

Postby reinbergb » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 am

stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?

twtwtwtw

Postby twtwtwtw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:06 am

reinbergb wrote:stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?

In my case, the interviewer sent me an email saying that.

reinbergb

Postby reinbergb » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am

twtwtwtw wrote:
reinbergb wrote:stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?

so there's nothing on the web site that says the application has been completed---ie gone to committee??

twtwtwtw

Postby twtwtwtw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:29 am

reinbergb wrote:
twtwtwtw wrote:

so there's nothing on the web site that says the application has been completed---ie gone to committee??

Nope. But the requirement list changed to First deposit and second deposit the day before I was admitted, FWIW.

urmlaw17

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

Just had my interview!

How long do you think it will be until I hear back.

I hope its later today.

Ntp73821

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm

twtwtwtw wrote:Nope. But the requirement list changed to First deposit and second deposit the day before I was admitted, FWIW.

As another data point, my requirement list changed to that like four days after I was admitted, so I wouldn't depend on the list changing before being admitted.

Platopus

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:Just had my interview!

How long do you think it will be until I hear back.

I hope its later today.

I doubt youd hear back today. Tuesday probably, if I had to guess

Cooley_Or_Bust

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.

audrinainlaw

Postby audrinainlaw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.

Is there a reason you're expecting such a quick decision? They'll let you know (most likely via email) regardless of what their decision is, and your decision should show up on your status checker as well. Honestly some people wait a couple of months for their decision (I got in last year after waiting two months), plus I know for a fact that the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Mary Ann Clifford, is traveling to LA for this weekend along with other adcomm officers so I wouldn't stress about not receiving an immediate decision. Good luck to you!

Cooley_Or_Bust

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:12 pm

audrinainlaw wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.

Is there a reason you're expecting such a quick decision? They'll let you know (most likely via email) regardless of what their decision is, and your decision should show up on your status checker as well. Honestly some people wait a couple of months for their decision (I got in last year after waiting two months), plus I know for a fact that the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Mary Ann Clifford, is traveling to LA for this weekend along with other adcomm officers so I wouldn't stress about not receiving an immediate decision. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the reply! I have no reason to suspect a quick decision, it just seemed like everyone in this thread received a decision a couple of days after their interview. I figured they'd either accept/waitlist/deny me right after they looked at my app.

Slippin' Jimmy

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Lol chill buddy, it took me about a month to get my decision and I got a full ride +

wmbuff

Postby wmbuff » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
audrinainlaw wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I have no reason to suspect a quick decision, it just seemed like everyone in this thread received a decision a couple of days after their interview. I figured they'd either accept/waitlist/deny me right after they looked at my app.

Not everyone. We just have to be patient.

urmlaw17

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

What are the chances of landing a California Biglaw or Clerkship from WUSTL?

Revelator 12

Postby Revelator 12 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:

This past Monday!
The 30th of October

You're about to get a full ride.

You were correct.

wmbuff

Postby wmbuff » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:30 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:What are the chances of landing a California Biglaw or Clerkship from WUSTL?

I would be more certain in an answer to this if WUSTL made their NALP reports public, but from the 509s, you can gather that sometimes CA is in their top 3 states for employment, trading off with IL, NY, and DC. We eally know what the numbers look like outside of those years, but it appears least frequently of the major markets. Even when it shows up, it's under 10% of graduates. That doesnt make it sound easy without ties and grades in some combination, but the right person could get there. Still, I wouldn't bet on less than 10% on location combining easily with less than 50% on job outcome.

AaronCarter

Postby AaronCarter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 am

Full ride offer today!

sillymints7962

Postby sillymints7962 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 am

AaronCarter wrote:Full ride offer today!

Whaaat! Congratulations! I'm still waiting for mine (if it's ever offered to me that is) ...did you do anything or email them after your acceptance? I have a high enough LSAT, but I was offered acceptance literally a week ago and it's been radio silence since ...:(
Last edited by sillymints7962 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revelator 12

Postby Revelator 12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:32 am

AaronCarter wrote:Full ride offer today!

Congrats!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”