WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
9
7%
Reach
16
12%
Safety App
43
32%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
34
25%
For Scholarship Negotiation
34
25%
 
Total votes: 136

Revelator 12
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Revelator 12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:12 am

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October



Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.

AaronCarter
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:17 am

Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October



Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.



If you don't mind, what are your stats?

Revelator 12
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Revelator 12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 am

AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October



Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.



If you don't mind, what are your stats?


170/3.77 non-URM 5 years out of undergrad this fall with work experience with several NGOs

AaronCarter
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby AaronCarter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:09 am

Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October



Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.



If you don't mind, what are your stats?


170/3.77 non-URM 5 years out of undergrad this fall with work experience with several NGOs



You're about to get a full ride.

Cooley_Or_Bust
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:35 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October


Do you think they would hold my app if I am taking the LSAT in December? My interviewer submitted my app on the 23rd. My September LSAT score is close to (but below) their 50th percentile and I have a GPA over their 75th. Or are they just prioritizing all of you guys who have a killer LSAT?

User avatar
gmenold
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby gmenold » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:
EnglishApplicant2017 wrote:Got my Skype interview tomorrow. What did people (particularly males) wear? I know instinct is to dress as formally as possible but mine is at 8pm and I'm planning on being on my university campus all day so would rather not wear a suit.


I wore a jacket, dress shirt and tie (with basketball shorts since I was at home lol)

^This. You should wear what you would wear to an in-person interview, i.e., a jacket and tie.

User avatar
xinaialice
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby xinaialice » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:38 pm

Got my snail mail today... :D

reinbergb
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby reinbergb » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:02 am

stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?

twtwtwtw
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby twtwtwtw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:06 am

reinbergb wrote:stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?


In my case, the interviewer sent me an email saying that.

reinbergb
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby reinbergb » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am

twtwtwtw wrote:
reinbergb wrote:stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?


In my case, the interviewer sent me an email saying that.

so there's nothing on the web site that says the application has been completed---ie gone to committee??

twtwtwtw
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby twtwtwtw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:29 am

reinbergb wrote:
twtwtwtw wrote:
reinbergb wrote:stupid question----how do I know when the interviewer submitted to the committee?


In my case, the interviewer sent me an email saying that.

so there's nothing on the web site that says the application has been completed---ie gone to committee??


Nope. But the requirement list changed to First deposit and second deposit the day before I was admitted, FWIW.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

Just had my interview!

How long do you think it will be until I hear back.

I hope its later today.

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Ntp73821 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:10 pm

twtwtwtw wrote:Nope. But the requirement list changed to First deposit and second deposit the day before I was admitted, FWIW.


As another data point, my requirement list changed to that like four days after I was admitted, so I wouldn't depend on the list changing before being admitted.

User avatar
Platopus
Posts: 1306
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Platopus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:Just had my interview!

How long do you think it will be until I hear back.

I hope its later today.


I doubt youd hear back today. Tuesday probably, if I had to guess

Cooley_Or_Bust
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.

User avatar
audrinainlaw
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby audrinainlaw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.


Is there a reason you're expecting such a quick decision? They'll let you know (most likely via email) regardless of what their decision is, and your decision should show up on your status checker as well. Honestly some people wait a couple of months for their decision (I got in last year after waiting two months), plus I know for a fact that the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Mary Ann Clifford, is traveling to LA for this weekend along with other adcomm officers so I wouldn't stress about not receiving an immediate decision. Good luck to you!

Cooley_Or_Bust
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Cooley_Or_Bust » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:12 pm

audrinainlaw wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.


Is there a reason you're expecting such a quick decision? They'll let you know (most likely via email) regardless of what their decision is, and your decision should show up on your status checker as well. Honestly some people wait a couple of months for their decision (I got in last year after waiting two months), plus I know for a fact that the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Mary Ann Clifford, is traveling to LA for this weekend along with other adcomm officers so I wouldn't stress about not receiving an immediate decision. Good luck to you!


Thanks for the reply! I have no reason to suspect a quick decision, it just seemed like everyone in this thread received a decision a couple of days after their interview. I figured they'd either accept/waitlist/deny me right after they looked at my app.

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.

Lol chill buddy, it took me about a month to get my decision and I got a full ride +

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wmbuff » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
audrinainlaw wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:Would the admissions committee let me know their decision regardless of what they decide? It has been almost 2 weeks since my app was submitted and I'm worried they left me a voicemail and it didn't show up on my phone(which occasionally happens). I figured they'd admit/deny/waitlist me within a week.


Is there a reason you're expecting such a quick decision? They'll let you know (most likely via email) regardless of what their decision is, and your decision should show up on your status checker as well. Honestly some people wait a couple of months for their decision (I got in last year after waiting two months), plus I know for a fact that the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Mary Ann Clifford, is traveling to LA for this weekend along with other adcomm officers so I wouldn't stress about not receiving an immediate decision. Good luck to you!


Thanks for the reply! I have no reason to suspect a quick decision, it just seemed like everyone in this thread received a decision a couple of days after their interview. I figured they'd either accept/waitlist/deny me right after they looked at my app.


Not everyone. We just have to be patient.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 153
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby urmlaw17 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:34 pm

What are the chances of landing a California Biglaw or Clerkship from WUSTL?

Revelator 12
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Revelator 12 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:57 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Revelator 12 wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:
Cooley_Or_Bust wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:In yesterday evening!! :D


Congrats! What day did the admissions interviewer submit your app to the committee?



This past Monday!
The 30th of October



Adding my acceptance to the pile. Was also interviewed on Monday and received admission call yesterday afternoon. I had a really shitty call with a client right before my interview so I was slightly concerned about my performance, but looks like it went fine.



If you don't mind, what are your stats?


170/3.77 non-URM 5 years out of undergrad this fall with work experience with several NGOs



You're about to get a full ride.


You were correct.

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby wmbuff » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:30 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:What are the chances of landing a California Biglaw or Clerkship from WUSTL?


I would be more certain in an answer to this if WUSTL made their NALP reports public, but from the 509s, you can gather that sometimes CA is in their top 3 states for employment, trading off with IL, NY, and DC. We eally know what the numbers look like outside of those years, but it appears least frequently of the major markets. Even when it shows up, it's under 10% of graduates. That doesnt make it sound easy without ties and grades in some combination, but the right person could get there. Still, I wouldn't bet on less than 10% on location combining easily with less than 50% on job outcome.

AaronCarter
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby AaronCarter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 am

Full ride offer today!

sillymints7962
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:33 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby sillymints7962 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 am

AaronCarter wrote:Full ride offer today!

Whaaat! Congratulations! I'm still waiting for mine (if it's ever offered to me that is) ...did you do anything or email them after your acceptance? I have a high enough LSAT, but I was offered acceptance literally a week ago and it's been radio silence since ...:(
Last edited by sillymints7962 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revelator 12
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:16 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Postby Revelator 12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:32 am

AaronCarter wrote:Full ride offer today!


Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captdoherty, CuplatBeijing, dallinpackard, lawyer_up, PostNihilist, taxmonkey66 and 10 guests