WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
8%
Reach
16%
Safety App
27%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
27%
For Scholarship Negotiation
23%

Total votes: 257

Keylime4

New

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Post by Keylime4 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:35 am

par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:Hey all! Was accepted in December with a good scholarship. I'm planning a visit during february (14th-18th). Any recommendations on what to do or see while I'm there, other than the campus tour/student lunch/school designated things to do? Also, if anyone's going to be in town then, would love to meet up!
I’ll be there the 12th to the 13th. :/ if your plans change and you come in earlier, let me know!

I saw that!! Wish it worked out. Let me know how your trip goes?

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 am

Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:Hey all! Was accepted in December with a good scholarship. I'm planning a visit during february (14th-18th). Any recommendations on what to do or see while I'm there, other than the campus tour/student lunch/school designated things to do? Also, if anyone's going to be in town then, would love to meet up!
I’ll be there the 12th to the 13th. :/ if your plans change and you come in earlier, let me know!

3L here. Things to do depends on your interests.

If you're into sports, check out a Blues game (if they're in town). One of the best teams in the NHL, great atmosphere, can go out in downtown STL after, etc. Cardinals games are also a blast but the season doesn't start until late March.

We have some of the best barbecue joints in the U.S., so if you're into that sort of thing, check out Pappy's (the most famous STL bbq), Sugarfire (my personal favorite), Bogart's, or Shaved Duck ("higher class" bbq). For other food options, Mission Taco (in the Central West End) has $2 tacos and tequila after 10:00pm. You could check out some of the higher class bars in the Central West End afterward. And if you're in the Central West End, don't miss Left Bank Books, which is a fantastic used bookstore in a little nook.

There are some really nice and free museums in Forest Park, such as the Art Museum and Missouri History Museum. I've never been a museum person, but both of these are worth checking out if you have the time. The City Museum is an absolute must. I've been to museums all over the world (Louvre, Van Gogh, etc.) and this is honestly my favorite--Yep, right here in STL.

Forest Park is also really nice to go running/walking/exploring in general. The weather has been great recently, like 60 degree days. Forest Park is really vibrant and fun when it's nice.

I'm big into disc golf, and there are tons of cool courses in the STL area. You're probably not into the sport, but if you are, check out Endicott Park, Willmore Park, or, my personal favorite disc golf I've ever played (although it is about a 45 minute drive away from STL), Sioux Passage, a beautiful park on the banks of the Mississippi River.

If you're into partying/going out/night life, my personal recommendation would be Soulard neighborhood. The Delmar Loop is also a good option for going out, as well as Ballpark Village.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to meet up, I'm happy to meet up and can give you my perspective on the school/city/anything if I'm around.

par283

New

Post by par283 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:

Will do! I'm super excited (this will be my first law school visit) so I'll let you know how everything goes!

trkmaniak00

New

Post by trkmaniak00 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:20 am

par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:

Will do! I'm super excited (this will be my first law school visit) so I'll let you know how everything goes!
Were you guys able to get travel stipends for trips outside of ASW? I am also thinking about heading over sometime in February but don't want to burn a bunch of cash.

par283

New

Post by par283 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:30 am

trkmaniak00 wrote:
par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:

Were you guys able to get travel stipends for trips outside of ASW? I am also thinking about heading over sometime in February but don't want to burn a bunch of cash.
I got $250 (I'm from New York), so it will cover my hotel and some of my flight, and then I'll have to pay the rest.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Keylime4

New

Post by Keylime4 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:09 am

par283 wrote:
trkmaniak00 wrote:
par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:

I got $250 (I'm from New York), so it will cover my hotel and some of my flight, and then I'll have to pay the rest.
Same. I wonder if that means we won't get a travel stipend for ASW

par283

New

Post by par283 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:
trkmaniak00 wrote:
par283 wrote:
Keylime4 wrote:
par283 wrote:

Same. I wonder if that means we won't get a travel stipend for ASW
I told them I couldn't go to the ASW weekend (will probably be at emory's that weekend) so I'm using my money now.

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:15 pm

Verbal acceptance today at the onset of my interview. Scholarshiop money will be the real test. Interested to see how my softs play into it. All my other scholarship offers were predictable to the number by looking at LSN.

jellyjar

New

Post by jellyjar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

Has anyone felt ghosted by WUSTL? They seem super responsive overall, but I've been complete since early november and have heard absolutely nothing. My stats aren't stellar, but according to LSN, they're pretty competitive for WUSTL... anyone in the same boat?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bookshelves

New

Post by bookshelves » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:40 pm

jellyjar wrote:Has anyone felt ghosted by WUSTL? They seem super responsive overall, but I've been complete since early november and have heard absolutely nothing. My stats aren't stellar, but according to LSN, they're pretty competitive for WUSTL... anyone in the same boat?
Yep, also submitted in November

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:49 pm

bookshelves wrote:
jellyjar wrote:Has anyone felt ghosted by WUSTL? They seem super responsive overall, but I've been complete since early november and have heard absolutely nothing. My stats aren't stellar, but according to LSN, they're pretty competitive for WUSTL... anyone in the same boat?
Same here. From the thread it sounds like they're busy wooing all the super high LSATs with full-rides and when they're done they'll move on to more realistic applicants

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:12 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
bookshelves wrote:
Same here. From the thread it sounds like they're busy wooing all the super high LSATs with full-rides and when they're done they'll move on to more realistic applicants
They haven't gotten to all the high LSAT folks yet. Super splitters seem to be lower priority (since we don't have a t13 scholarship in hand to compete with, this makes sense). 173/2.52, admitted 11/17, no scholarship yet. I'm not worried, though. Several years ago, my brother flirted with law school, as a less extreme splitter, and his offer came in mid February. These things take time to play out, and this is a particularly late-leaning cycle in general.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:43 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:
bookshelves wrote:
Yep, same here as well. Submitted in November, ghosted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kay1541

New

Post by kay1541 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Sent 12/18. Interview Invite 12/19. Interview 01/08.

I haven't heard anything yet.

The Interviewer asked about the gap in my resume.
She said my explanations were valid.
Also mentioned that I have great recs.

I'm wondering if I'm fucked

Anyone take forever to hear back?

171/3.48

chief_tyrol

New

Post by chief_tyrol » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm

kay1541 wrote:Sent 12/18. Interview Invite 12/19. Interview 01/08.

171/3.48
Odd. I have almost the exact same stats. I interviewed Mid-January and heard back in two days. I've been under the impression they auto-admit anyone with 170+.

Eleven

New

Post by Eleven » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 pm

chief_tyrol wrote:
kay1541 wrote:Sent 12/18. Interview Invite 12/19. Interview 01/08.

171/3.48
Odd. I have almost the exact same stats. I interviewed Mid-January and heard back in two days. I've been under the impression they auto-admit anyone with 170+.
Historically, they auto admit anyone with a 168+. I got verbal acceptance at the onset of my interview, and she said she just wanted to introduce herself and answer any questions. Didn't really even ask me anything, just tried to sell me on St. Louis.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Checking in, just got an interview request today (submitted 12/26). Does anyone have any insight into what % of those they interview are accepted? WUSTL is a bit of a reach for me (165/3.9) so I just wanted to know if the interview means anything!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

b-a-n-a-n-a-s

New

Post by b-a-n-a-n-a-s » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:35 pm

ocw96 wrote:Checking in, just got an interview request today (submitted 12/26). Does anyone have any insight into what % of those they interview are accepted? WUSTL is a bit of a reach for me (165/3.9) so I just wanted to know if the interview means anything!
An interview is a good sign for WUSTL. Don't think it's that much of a reach for you. It's a very chill interview -- the admissions officer hinted that I'd be admitted at the end of it. Just be prepared to explain your interests in St. Louis and WUSTL in general.

ocw96

New

Post by ocw96 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:46 pm

b-a-n-a-n-a-s wrote:
ocw96 wrote:Checking in, just got an interview request today (submitted 12/26). Does anyone have any insight into what % of those they interview are accepted? WUSTL is a bit of a reach for me (165/3.9) so I just wanted to know if the interview means anything!
An interview is a good sign for WUSTL. Don't think it's that much of a reach for you. It's a very chill interview -- the admissions officer hinted that I'd be admitted at the end of it. Just be prepared to explain your interests in St. Louis and WUSTL in general.
Thanks! I actually have fairly strong MO ties (grandparents live in Springfield) and I visited WUSTL/St. Louis a year or two ago, so I am hoping that helps me. I know they love the 168+ LSAT, so I'm hoping ties/GPA will help me overcome that. Also hoping for some $$ if I do get admitted, it's near the top of my list.

iceamericano

New

Post by iceamericano » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Heyyyy if I interviewed on Jan. 16th and still didn't hear back from them, does it mean that I screwed up my interview? I've seen ppl on reddit who did their interviews this week and got accepted.I was given a lot of positive feedback on my app from the interviewer but now I'm not so sure abt anything anymore... fml

chloee_j

New

Post by chloee_j » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Has anyone who has been interviewed not gotten accepted?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:02 pm

I was WL'ed.... Does WUSTL take many folks off the WL?

Duds

New

Post by Duds » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:00 am

Hey all,

Just checking in. I interviewed 2/6 and was accepted 2/9 with scholarship. Interview didn't hint at admission, but was chill and seemed like they were trying to sell WashU to me more than evaluate me.

At this point I'm waiting on 4 more decisions, but barring those WashU is my #1. I'm on a business internship in Hawaii so I can't visit the school (or any for that matter), but would love to hear others impressions of the physical campus, the administration, faculty, other law students etc.

Also looking or others who are heavily considering attending as I wouldn't know anyone there (I'm from Michigan).

Feel free to pm me with questions or info.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:16 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:I was WL'ed.... Does WUSTL take many folks off the WL?
I have been waitlisted too. I'm wondering if I visit the school and speak with the admissions counselor, if that would help? I dont have high stats..

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm

KPUSN07 wrote:I was WL'ed.... Does WUSTL take many folks off the WL?
I was wailisted too. Any recommendations on getting off the waitlist?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”