WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
8%
Reach
16%
Safety App
27%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
27%
For Scholarship Negotiation
23%

Total votes: 257

rainonme

New

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Post by rainonme » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Submitted application mid February(late applications i know).
Received interview request the day after Feb LSAT score was out.
Admitted the day after interview.
Scholarship came in a week after that.

It's sooooooo nice to have WUSTL as first school that responded and with $$ too. Still waiting to hear from everywhere else, but i'll be a happy person going to WUSTL with the package they gave me. Does anyone know anything about negotiation living stipend?

140dot6

New

Post by 140dot6 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Received email invitation with waiver on March 7th; proceeded to apply on same day

Waitlisted on March 23rd

Waiting to see where else I get in before withdrawing from the waitlist (or not). Geography is a consideration.

mnc211

New

Post by mnc211 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:28 am

sambam wrote:
KPUSN07 wrote:I was WL'ed.... Does WUSTL take many folks off the WL?
I have been waitlisted too. I'm wondering if I visit the school and speak with the admissions counselor, if that would help? I dont have high stats..
Waitlisted as well. Tried to DM you but there was no option. I’m planning a visit in April during their open house.

jackwow

New

Post by jackwow » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:07 pm

i have not received any information after interviewed. any one got ideas?

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Wed May 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Hey, folks. I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and recently emailed by WUSTL requesting an interview. Does anyone know about this kind of situation where a waitlisted candidate gets interviewed? Does that mean they're considering pulling from that pool and I'm on a short list of sorts? Just curious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Duds

New

Post by Duds » Wed May 02, 2018 4:59 pm

olemiss18 wrote:Hey, folks. I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and recently emailed by WUSTL requesting an interview. Does anyone know about this kind of situation where a waitlisted candidate gets interviewed? Does that mean they're considering pulling from that pool and I'm on a short list of sorts? Just curious.
I am an admitted candidate, not waitlisted so take this with a grain of salt, but I have the impression that an interview is the first step towards acceptance. I had an interview back during the winter and was admitted 3 days later.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Thu May 03, 2018 8:18 pm

mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
I have been waitlisted too. I'm wondering if I visit the school and speak with the admissions counselor, if that would help? I dont have high stats..
Waitlisted as well. Tried to DM you but there was no option. I’m planning a visit in April during their open house.
Tried to DM you as well. I visited the school and spoke with the dean. She said there was a healthy number of deposits which they werent expecting so there is a low chance of people getting off the waitlist. Any news on your end?

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:15 pm

sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
Tried to DM you as well. I visited the school and spoke with the dean. She said there was a healthy number of deposits which they werent expecting so there is a low chance of people getting off the waitlist. Any news on your end?
That is pretty disheartening

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Fri May 04, 2018 12:50 am

sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
Did you interview and get waitlisted???

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri May 04, 2018 12:36 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
I did not get a request for an interview, unfortunately. Im kind of annoyed because my uncle who went to WashU law told me that WashU waitlists an absurd amount of candidates, but usually have no chance of getting off the waitlist. its a huge safety net for them and a emotional diasaster for those of us waitlisted keeping our hopes up.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri May 04, 2018 12:38 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
I did not get a request for an interview, unfortunately. Im kind of annoyed because my uncle who went to WashU law told me that WashU waitlists an absurd amount of candidates, but usually have no chance of getting off the waitlist. its a huge safety net for them and a emotional diasaster for those of us waitlisted keeping our hopes up.

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:16 pm

sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
Would you say those who get requests for interview off the waitlist have a fair shot at getting pulled from the waitlist?

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 pm

olemiss18 wrote:
sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:
mnc211 wrote:
sambam wrote:
Would you say those who get requests for interview off the waitlist have a fair shot at getting pulled from the waitlist?
I am not sure, but sounds like a good sign to me!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Anyone get any updates about the waitlist?

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 pm

sambam wrote:Anyone get any updates about the waitlist?
no unfortunately not :(

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:33 pm

I have an interview with WUSTL tomorrow (from the waitlist). Just letting folks know.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Wed May 23, 2018 4:47 pm

olemiss18 wrote:I have an interview with WUSTL tomorrow (from the waitlist). Just letting folks know.
Oh wow, Good Luck!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:44 pm

anyone get any updates about the waitlist?

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:05 pm

sambam wrote:anyone get any updates about the waitlist?
Same boat as you my friend

olemiss18

New

Post by olemiss18 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:25 am

Seems like there was a variety of emails sent to us tonight. Did anyone else not receive an email at all? I'm totally in the dark. Neither released nor explicitly updated that I've been kept on the waitlist.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:43 am

What did the emails say that people received about the waitlist? Does anyone know?

I received an email but didn't seem like much was said..just an email from Mary Ann saying hold tight, and well update you if a seat becomes available.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:16 pm

olemiss18 wrote:Seems like there was a variety of emails sent to us tonight. Did anyone else not receive an email at all? I'm totally in the dark. Neither released nor explicitly updated that I've been kept on the waitlist.
Do you know what the emails said to the people about the waitlist?

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm

sambam wrote:
olemiss18 wrote:Seems like there was a variety of emails sent to us tonight. Did anyone else not receive an email at all? I'm totally in the dark. Neither released nor explicitly updated that I've been kept on the waitlist.

it was just really what you got. People did get rejected off the waitlist, however. Did yours mentioned the word "impressed"? you can pm me if you want.

sambam

New

Post by sambam » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 pm

prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:

it was just really what you got. People did get rejected off the waitlist, however. Did yours mentioned the word "impressed"? you can pm me if you want.
How do I PM you?

prayforlawschool

New

Post by prayforlawschool » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 am

sambam wrote:
prayforlawschool wrote:
sambam wrote:

How do I PM you?
oh nevermind, I don't know how to pm either. Did your email say impressed and they are still continuing to consider you for admissions?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”