WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Why are you applying to WUSTL?

Dream School
8%
Reach
16%
Safety App
27%
Super Splitter & applying everywhere (lolfml)
27%
For Scholarship Negotiation
23%

Total votes: 257

wmbuff

Bronze

Re: WUSTL c/o 2021 Applicants ('17-'18 Cycle)

Post by wmbuff » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:04 pm

playmaker093 wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:What is considered a large scholarship for WUSTL?
Also wondering that. Got 105K. Not sure how to feel about it.
Better than if you were in that same wave and haven't got a scholarship email yet, I'd reckon. When did yours come through?
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urmlaw17

Bronze

Post by urmlaw17 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:09 pm

wmbuff wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:
Better than if you were in that same wave and haven't got a scholarship email yet, I'd reckon. When did yours come through?
I got mine today. I am really happy I did get something though. I appreciate it.
Last edited by urmlaw17 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

playmaker093

New

Post by playmaker093 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:15 pm

wmbuff wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:
Got it at 4:30 today. I'm sure they are going through one by one.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:17 pm

playmaker093 wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
playmaker093 wrote:
Got it at 4:30 today. I'm sure they are going through one by one.
Yeah, likely. I was kinda hoping to hear tomorrow before I saw y'all had them.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playmaker093

New

Post by playmaker093 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 pm

Posted this in another sub, just interested.

Hello,

I was accepted to Wash U a couple weeks ago and received about a 65% scholarship. Curious on tips for negotiating this in the future? What schools would give me negotiation power? I've gotten into Georgetown and Vandy so far and have yet to be rejected anywhere but I'm sure its coming. 3.94 168. I'm from the Midwest (Missouri) and would truly love to go to WashU if I got a little more money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

laowhynot109

New

Post by laowhynot109 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Anyone else not receive a scholarship email? I was accepted a month and a half ago, but still nothing yet. Worried this means I won't be receiving one :cry:

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:48 am

playmaker093 wrote:
I believe WUSTL goes all the way up to full-tuition with a $15k annual stipend. They definitely offer quite a few full-tuition.

Not sure as to how much leverage it has when negotiating with other schools or T14.

lillelord

New

Post by lillelord » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

completed at the very beginning of october.
radio silence for months
two interviews and radio silence and even more radio silence.

and then.
Today
Two MONTHS LATER.
I'M IN.
PHONE CALL @ 10:30 AM PST, SAID THERE WOULD BE AN EMAIL SOON!

lillelord

New

Post by lillelord » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 am

quick question for other accepts-
Did you guys get anything in the mail, or was it all phone/email? furthermore, have you guys gotten admitted students login info? The acceptance email I got pretty much just had a single pdf sheet where I could get a free shirt and look at St Louis, which is nice and all, I do like free shirts, but I also would like to see what the admitted students interface looks like ahead of time to find roommates for St. L living (assuming I end up there)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:31 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 am

Platopus wrote:
lillelord wrote:quick question for other accepts-
Did you guys get anything in the mail, or was it all phone/email? furthermore, have you guys gotten admitted students login info? The acceptance email I got pretty much just had a single pdf sheet where I could get a free shirt and look at St Louis, which is nice and all, I do like free shirts, but I also would like to see what the admitted students interface looks like ahead of time to find roommates for St. L living (assuming I end up there)
Yes, WUSTL does send out a formal letter (same as the email), in a big fancy package complete with a nice sticker. I only received scholly info via email, no letter there
My admissions packet was like a letter and a flyer haha. Pretty sure I didn't get a sticker. Should I expect more to come? I was admitted like over a month ago.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Yes, WUSTL does send out a formal letter (same as the email), in a big fancy package complete with a nice sticker. I only received scholly info via email, no letter there
My admissions packet was like a letter and a flyer haha. Pretty sure I didn't get a sticker. Should I expect more to come? I was admitted like over a month ago.
I definitely got a sticker, and my shirt just came.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:39 pm

wmbuff wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:
I did get the shirt, but seem to have been snubbed on the sticker front. What all did other people get? Just that? My WUSTL package was literally two sheets of paper.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Checking in! Applied 11/30- just got an interview request today. On the online scheduling system, I don't see an option for phone interviews, but a lot of people are mentioning doing them by phone. Do I need to request that? Or should I stick with Skype (prefer phone, less chance of glitches). I wish they had interview slots before Christmas, considering how quickly people seemed to be hearing back before!

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in! Applied 11/30- just got an interview request today. On the online scheduling system, I don't see an option for phone interviews, but a lot of people are mentioning doing them by phone. Do I need to request that? Or should I stick with Skype (prefer phone, less chance of glitches). I wish they had interview slots before Christmas, considering how quickly people seemed to be hearing back before!
Also just got my interview invite (three day turn-around I think).

Did you see that you could book an interview on Christmas day? :P

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:
Platopus wrote:
I did get the shirt, but seem to have been snubbed on the sticker front. What all did other people get? Just that? My WUSTL package was literally two sheets of paper.
Mine had an acceptance letter, a sticker, and a checklist. The sticker is small and circular, so it might have fallen out when they were getting your packet together or something.

ChiCityLove

New

Post by ChiCityLove » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 pm

sev wrote:
ChiCityLove wrote:Checking in! Applied 11/30- just got an interview request today. On the online scheduling system, I don't see an option for phone interviews, but a lot of people are mentioning doing them by phone. Do I need to request that? Or should I stick with Skype (prefer phone, less chance of glitches). I wish they had interview slots before Christmas, considering how quickly people seemed to be hearing back before!
Also just got my interview invite (three day turn-around I think).

Did you see that you could book an interview on Christmas day? :P
I thought that was funny-- Not how I plan on spending my Christmas :p

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ribbon

New

Post by ribbon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:59 pm

I was accepted last month and received a pretty nice scholarship. I visited this weekend and was blown away by the law school and everyone who worked there. Yesterday was the first day of finals so no classes to observe but I took a tour, had meetings with a professor, a career office strategist, the dean of the law school (!!), and an admissions officer, and had lunch with two current students.

The campus is great, the law building is beautiful, and it really seems like all the faculty and staff cares and takes the time to get to know each student and really wants to help everyone succeed. Even the little stuff - they showed me the fridge just for law school students to put their lunches if they want (I was really excited about the fridge because of all the lunches I packed during undergrad that wound up warm/smushed etc. lol), they give you a free metrolink card (STL public transportation), they host an event one Friday per month in the common area of the law school with free wine/beer for students to unwind and socialize (the students told me it used to be every Friday but someone complained it was too "alcohol-centric" :lol: ), the list went on. That's on top of the more obvious stuff that's great about the school but which you can read on their website.

WUSTL will definitely be a top contender for me and my experience there will be hard to beat. If anyone is on the fence about the school I encourage you to visit!

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:06 pm

ribbon wrote:I was accepted last month and received a pretty nice scholarship. I visited this weekend and was blown away by the law school and everyone who worked there. Yesterday was the first day of finals so no classes to observe but I took a tour, had meetings with a professor, a career office strategist, the dean of the law school (!!), and an admissions officer, and had lunch with two current students.

The campus is great, the law building is beautiful, and it really seems like all the faculty and staff cares and takes the time to get to know each student and really wants to help everyone succeed. Even the little stuff - they showed me the fridge just for law school students to put their lunches if they want (I was really excited about the fridge because of all the lunches I packed during undergrad that wound up warm/smushed etc. lol), they give you a free metrolink card (STL public transportation), they host an event one Friday per month in the common area of the law school with free wine/beer for students to unwind and socialize (the students told me it used to be every Friday but someone complained it was too "alcohol-centric" :lol: ), the list went on. That's on top of the more obvious stuff that's great about the school but which you can read on their website.

WUSTL will definitely be a top contender for me and my experience there will be hard to beat. If anyone is on the fence about the school I encourage you to visit!
They cut the free beer to once a month? Do they still hold more frequent social events without the beer/wine?
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ribbon

New

Post by ribbon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:12 pm

wmbuff wrote:
ribbon wrote:I was accepted last month and received a pretty nice scholarship. I visited this weekend and was blown away by the law school and everyone who worked there. Yesterday was the first day of finals so no classes to observe but I took a tour, had meetings with a professor, a career office strategist, the dean of the law school (!!), and an admissions officer, and had lunch with two current students.

They cut the free beer to once a month? Do they still hold more frequent social events without the beer/wine?
Yes, unfortunately. The students told me there are lots of other events hosted by the law school with free alcohol. Definitely doesn't sound like there's a shortage. But maybe if we attend we can petition for 2x a month on the free beer and wine Fridays?

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:33 pm

I went complete 10/26 and haven't heard anything, not even an interview request. Anyone else in the same boat?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ebrook93

New

Post by ebrook93 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:34 pm

CADM1UM wrote:I went complete 10/26 and haven't heard anything, not even an interview request. Anyone else in the same boat?
I went complete 10/9 and not a peep...

LSlyfe

Bronze

Post by LSlyfe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:35 pm

CADM1UM wrote:I went complete 10/26 and haven't heard anything, not even an interview request. Anyone else in the same boat?
I went complete 10/13 and didn't get an interview request until the week of Thanksgiving. Don't stress too much!

CADM1UM

New

Post by CADM1UM » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:38 pm

ebrook93 wrote:
I went complete 10/9 and not a peep...

they're probably just planning something super special for the two of us and need the extra time :wink:

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Got a phone call today at 2:45PM that said I had gotten in! Curious when I’ll get the actual email and when I’ll (hopefully) get a scholarship package email. I applied 11/08 and interviewed 11/15.
Last edited by LiveJustly390 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”