Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

JS2s are upon us! What would you take over HLS? Anything?

HLS or bust, fam
81
18%
SLS/YLS
127
29%
T6 Full Tuition Scholly
108
24%
T6 w/ Money (< full)
34
8%
T6 Sticker
11
2%
T14 Full Tuition Scholly
55
12%
T14 w/ Money (< full)
19
4%
T14 Sticker
9
2%
 
Total votes: 444

User avatar
appind

Gold
Posts: 2258
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby appind » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?

tmcauliffe96

Bronze
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby tmcauliffe96 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm

appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

User avatar
maybeman

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:55 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby maybeman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:57 pm

tmcauliffe96 wrote:
appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

+1 :)

legally_brunette95

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby legally_brunette95 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

maybeman wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

+1 :)


+2

User avatar
Ron.Swanson

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:21 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Ron.Swanson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm

legally_brunette95 wrote:
maybeman wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

+1 :)


+2


+3

ravenclaw12

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby ravenclaw12 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Ron.Swanson wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
maybeman wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

+1 :)


+2


+3


+4 :cry:

User avatar
dm1683

Silver
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby dm1683 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:59 pm

ravenclaw12 wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
legally_brunette95 wrote:
maybeman wrote:
tmcauliffe96 wrote:
appind wrote:
RamenEgg wrote:Probably no JS2s tomorrow, but I will be keeping my phone charged and close by this week... Good luck everyone!! Let’s all remember to breathe!! :)



I doubt if there would be no movement from admissions this week, there is sth every week once they begin until holiday. So may be more JS1s this week?


I hope so!!! I'm still waiting patiently for that JS1

+1 :)


+2


+3


+4 :cry:

+5 :x :x :x

nixbaby

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:17 pm

JS2 looks like its been monday or tuesday for a while. if its not tomorrow, almost definitely on the 18th...

black_mirror

Bronze
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 pm

nixbaby wrote:JS2 looks like its been monday or tuesday for a while. if its not tomorrow, almost definitely on the 18th...


It happened at 7 pm once :). Here's to hoping! (I feel like the LSAT all over again)

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:08 pm

black_mirror wrote:
nixbaby wrote:JS2 looks like its been monday or tuesday for a while. if its not tomorrow, almost definitely on the 18th...


It happened at 7 pm once :). Here's to hoping! (I feel like the LSAT all over again)


:D :D :D

i hope they dont make us suffer for another week of waiting

JS2hopeful

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JS2hopeful » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 am

Are some URM's (excluding the few URM's above both 75th's) usually among those accepted in the first wave or is this first wave mostly just made up of those that are 3.9X 175+?

Also, I have been reading that this wave is usually smaller than the other JS2 waves. Any data showing how much smaller, if at all?

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously

JS2hopeful

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JS2hopeful » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 am

rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 am

JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!

JS2hopeful

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JS2hopeful » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?
Last edited by JS2hopeful on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

nixbaby

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby nixbaby » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 am

JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


yea i feel like this is rumor train central right now

User avatar
Platopus

Silver
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:50 am

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TastyMango

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TastyMango » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


You can see some data here. It also shows that the majority of those accepted are above both 75ths.

rideagain

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby rideagain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am

Platopus wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


yea i feel like this is rumor train central right now


Historically, LSN shows fewer admits in the first wave

Yeah I'm running off LSN which shows much larger waves in Jan/Feb

User avatar
FriedChickenHero

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby FriedChickenHero » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am

rideagain wrote:
Platopus wrote:
nixbaby wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


yea i feel like this is rumor train central right now


Historically, LSN shows fewer admits in the first wave

Yeah I'm running off LSN which shows much larger waves in Jan/Feb


I'm going to discard evidence that I don't like and choose to believe that the first round of JS2s are just as large as the other waves :D :D :D

JS2hopeful

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby JS2hopeful » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 am

TastyMango wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


You can see some data here. It also shows that the majority of those accepted are above both 75ths.


Great info. I haven't seen that graph before. Thanks for linking to it.

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:41 pm

TastyMango wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


You can see some data here. It also shows that the majority of those accepted are above both 75ths.



havent yall considered the fact that the first JS2 wave is smaller than the other waves because a smaller proportion of applicants get their stuff in before the end of November? im sure most people submit right around now which would preclude them from getting a first wave js2

and maybe that's why the scores seem to be better with the first wave: people with higher scores are more likely to get their stuff in early.

that doesn't mean that splitters or other people won't be in the first wave so let's all chill plz hunnie bunniez

TastyMango

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TastyMango » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:
TastyMango wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:
JS2hopeful wrote:
rideagain wrote:As someone not above both 75th I'm choosing to believe that reports that JS2 round 1 will only include those folks above both are FAKE NEWS

edit: also how tf is a 3.96 even a real GPA how do you get a 3.96 cumulative GPA seriously



I don't think many people would doubt that a 179 3.9 will probably be among the first wave.

I hope so but I'm not worried until end of January. Seriously folks, wave 1 does not look like it's been historically large and given the recent cycle data I imagine it's going to be even more restrictive this year. Pre-emptive "don't freak out"!


What data is making you say that the first wave is not as large as the others?


You can see some data here. It also shows that the majority of those accepted are above both 75ths.



havent yall considered the fact that the first JS2 wave is smaller than the other waves because a smaller proportion of applicants get their stuff in before the end of November? im sure most people submit right around now which would preclude them from getting a first wave js2

and maybe that's why the scores seem to be better with the first wave: people with higher scores are more likely to get their stuff in early.

that doesn't mean that splitters or other people won't be in the first wave so let's all chill plz hunnie bunniez


I'm sure part of the reason the wave is smaller is because less people have submitted. But if you look at the chart linked, it shows both acceptance date and the date the person's application went complete. So if you just look at those that eventually get accepted and went complete before, say, November, it is clear that those above both 75ths make up a disproportionate amount of the first wave.

This doesn't mean just because you are above both 75ths you will be accepted in the first wave or that you need to be above both 75ths to be in the first wave. But there is clearly a bias.

lobsicle

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby lobsicle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

TastyMango wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:

havent yall considered the fact that the first JS2 wave is smaller than the other waves because a smaller proportion of applicants get their stuff in before the end of November? im sure most people submit right around now which would preclude them from getting a first wave js2

and maybe that's why the scores seem to be better with the first wave: people with higher scores are more likely to get their stuff in early.

that doesn't mean that splitters or other people won't be in the first wave so let's all chill plz hunnie bunniez


I'm sure part of the reason the wave is smaller is because less people have submitted. But if you look at the chart linked, it shows both acceptance date and the date the person's application went complete. So if you just look at those that eventually get accepted and went complete before, say, November, it is clear that those above both 75ths make up a disproportionate amount of the first wave.

This doesn't mean just because you are above both 75ths you will be accepted in the first wave or that you need to be above both 75ths to be in the first wave. But there is clearly a bias.


mrsharveyspecter is saying that those that have high numbers may submit early, on average. So that there may in fact not be a bias.

edited for clarity

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

lobsicle wrote:
TastyMango wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:

havent yall considered the fact that the first JS2 wave is smaller than the other waves because a smaller proportion of applicants get their stuff in before the end of November? im sure most people submit right around now which would preclude them from getting a first wave js2

and maybe that's why the scores seem to be better with the first wave: people with higher scores are more likely to get their stuff in early.

that doesn't mean that splitters or other people won't be in the first wave so let's all chill plz hunnie bunniez


I'm sure part of the reason the wave is smaller is because less people have submitted. But if you look at the chart linked, it shows both acceptance date and the date the person's application went complete. So if you just look at those that eventually get accepted and went complete before, say, November, it is clear that those above both 75ths make up a disproportionate amount of the first wave.

This doesn't mean just because you are above both 75ths you will be accepted in the first wave or that you need to be above both 75ths to be in the first wave. But there is clearly a bias.


mrsharveyspecter is saying that those that have high numbers may submit early, on average. So that there may in fact not be a bias.

edited for clarity


thank you Lobsicle for reading carefully :wink:



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests