Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

JS2s are upon us! What would you take over HLS? Anything?

HLS or bust, fam
56
17%
SLS/YLS
90
28%
T6 Full Tuition Scholly
82
25%
T6 w/ Money (< full)
29
9%
T6 Sticker
5
2%
T14 Full Tuition Scholly
45
14%
T14 w/ Money (< full)
14
4%
T14 Sticker
4
1%
 
Total votes: 325

User avatar
appind
Posts: 2240
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:07 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby appind » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:15 pm

.

User avatar
feralflamingo
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby feralflamingo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:23 pm

I may give up all hope, seeing as I went complete in early October and I've heard nothing back :/

User avatar
feralflamingo
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby feralflamingo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:26 pm

feralflamingo wrote:I may give up all hope, seeing as I went complete in early October and I've heard nothing back :/
and then I read all the inspirational posts just a page ago lmao, you guys all rock. thx

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess



YASSSSSSSSSSS BISSSHHZZZ YASSSSSSSS 18th JS2 would be AMAZAAANG

forumls
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Piggy11 wrote:


Yeah, will miss a decision before holiday.

How are people in other time zones where they don't get to see peak time of slots opening able to find good slot?

Piggy11
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:01 pm

forumls wrote:
Piggy11 wrote:


Yeah, will miss a decision before holiday.

How are people in other time zones where they don't get to see peak time of slots opening able to find good slot?


I think most people are in the US, so maybe that's an advantage. But there are still slots left for most of the afternoon (EST) on both December 20 and December 21st. I'm assuming that since you've been posting for the last couple of hours that early afternoon EST would be a time that you are awake in your time zone - just grab one of those slots. If you're working, take the day off if you can. If not, take a couple of hours off - surely someone can cover for you in case of something like this, especially with a two week notice. If you're home, think about banning the rest of your family from one room in the house for those all important 20 minutes.

User avatar
thepsychedelic
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby thepsychedelic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Ever since I downloaded Zoom, I’ve had Zoom banner ads pop up constantly, targeted ads really are crazy

Platopus
Posts: 1468
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Platopus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

.
Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theharleyquinn
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby theharleyquinn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:28 pm

thepsychedelic wrote:Ever since I downloaded Zoom, I’ve had Zoom banner ads pop up constantly, targeted ads really are crazy


I often see the Google AdSense bot hanging out on TLS actually

forumls
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm

nixbaby wrote:
forumls wrote:
Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess


Last year they had slots every week. May be doing things different this year?


What would be different? Just more time to deliberate?


It's definitely different than past years. There was never an empty week for JS1s before except holidays.

I don't think I can wait till next 2 weeks.

black_mirror
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby black_mirror » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:41 pm

mrsharveyspecter wrote:
Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess




YASSSSSSSSSSS BISSSHHZZZ YASSSSSSSS 18th JS2 would be AMAZAAANG


Is there some event next week that the adcoms have to participate in? I know there's an info session but those happen all the time.

User avatar
mrsharveyspecter
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby mrsharveyspecter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 pm

black_mirror wrote:
mrsharveyspecter wrote:
Platopus wrote:
forumls wrote:
Laewgbi wrote:
Ron.Swanson wrote:
forumls wrote:No JS1 today? Have all interviews planned before holidays scheduled already?


+1 I want to know this as well... :|


Just got JS1. 11/28 Complete. GPA > 75, 25 < LSAT < 50. GRE Submitted too.


What's the reasoning for no slots the week of 11th? Slots are gone by the time I check. Nov invite.


Review previous JS1s in preparation for JS2s on the 18th, would be my guess




YASSSSSSSSSSS BISSSHHZZZ YASSSSSSSS 18th JS2 would be AMAZAAANG


Is there some event next week that the adcoms have to participate in? I know there's an info session but those happen all the time.



JS2 delibs for the 18th plzzzzz were dying here

User avatar
FriedChickenHero
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby FriedChickenHero » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 am

Maybe.... they're releasing JS2's next week and the AdComs get a week off from doing interviews to chill??? :D :D :D

TastyMango
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:57 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TastyMango » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am

FriedChickenHero wrote:Maybe.... they're releasing JS2's next week and the AdComs get a week off from doing interviews to chill??? :D :D :D

I like the way you think.

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forumls
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm

TheKingLives wrote:Any chance for JS1s today? Probably unlikely with the wave yesterday, but who knows


I hope there are JS1s so they open more slots. The current ones are too far out.

forumls
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

forumls wrote:
TheKingLives wrote:Any chance for JS1s today? Probably unlikely with the wave yesterday, but who knows


I hope there are JS1s so they open more slots. The current ones are too far out.


All but one slot are gone atm.

Juliana
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Juliana » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 am

Any December 2017 LSAT takers gone complete? Or does HLS wait for the test score to arrive before your app goes complete?

etramak
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby etramak » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:52 am

.
Last edited by etramak on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forumls
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby forumls » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:14 pm

TastyMango wrote:
FriedChickenHero wrote:Maybe.... they're releasing JS2's next week and the AdComs get a week off from doing interviews to chill??? :D :D :D

I like the way you think.


That may well be the case. Since they're taking the week off unprecedented, I think they may even have plans to work or interview during the xmas holidays.

c19nerd
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby c19nerd » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Has anyone been stuck at "Application Status: Received" for a while? I submitted my app on 11/28 but have yet to go complete...

Teacher
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Teacher » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:18 pm

c19nerd wrote:Has anyone been stuck at "Application Status: Received" for a while? I submitted my app on 11/28 but have yet to go complete...


Mine said received on 11/27, and I just went complete on 12/6. How long does it generall take people to go from application received to JS1?

Piggy11
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby Piggy11 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:54 pm

c19nerd wrote:Has anyone been stuck at "Application Status: Received" for a while? I submitted my app on 11/28 but have yet to go complete...

It can take up to a month to go complete. Mine took about three weeks.

joooookchang
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby joooookchang » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm

So..... JS2 tmrw? :D :D

MonicaYoung_LOL
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017-2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:56 pm

joooookchang wrote:So..... JS2 tmrw? :D :D


Doubtful. 12/18 is more likely the day.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”